• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn Flanaghan, that was nasty.

Because that's a part of his season. His "moment of madness" cost his team a key loss. Which has been a habit of his this year.

CBs are judged on their mistakes. Demichelis well enough against Barcelona prior to his red card but that's irrelevant because he got sent off, they got a bullshit penalty and it changed the game. That's the lasting story -- nothing good he'd done before it matters. I think he's a good defender, but until he quits giving up so many obvious penalties, he won't be one of the best.

Michelle is an appalling excuse for a defender. He also cost Malaga that semi final by being his usual inept self. He's constantly overrun too (look at Torres against City lol) and ugh, he's just not good enough for anything but a bottom team.

Salvadora

Because that's a part of his season. His "moment of madness" cost his team a key loss. Which has been a habit of his this year.

CBs are judged on their mistakes. Demichelis well enough against Barcelona prior to his red card but that's irrelevant because he got sent off, they got a bullshit penalty and it changed the game. That's the lasting story -- nothing good he'd done before it matters. I think he's a good defender, but until he quits giving up so many obvious penalties, he won't be one of the best.
Eh, you know as well as I do that some CBs are judged on their mistakes more than other.

Kassu

Banned
At this point I would take a former player coming back.

If I could have anyone it would be either Guardiola, who is the best imo, or Simeone from Atletico.
I don't want to end up like United. Wenger can keep us in top 4 at least and I doubt any former players can do that with this squad.

It's nice to think about having someone like Guardiola, Klopp, Simeone etc but none of them are even available at the moment. Wenger is not perfect, but he still is best manager we can get.

FootballFan

ik9ie80TaqM6l.gif

That in game graphic just now in the Bayern game is something I have not seen before.

No not really. He was pretty ass before that and ass in general. That's not a good comparison.

L1NETT

Ah yes, the infamous PL made up of 4 clubs. Your wit astounding as always good sir.

Southampton press like nowt else eh.

Clegg

Not been a good few weeks for Koscielny tbf. I'm of the opinion that he was partly to blame for Munich's second goal too.

I knew I had personally seen him get 2 red cards this year -- turns out I was thinking of the one he gave away for France against Ukraine (which was hilariously bad). He has 2 red cards and (at least) 4 penalties conceded this year now total.

The France one was bad, lol. I laughed at the time, can't front. Where are you getting 4+ from though? One v Sunderland which fwiw was pretty dumb, and today which, well, let's see where Kompany or Terry's arms are when the ball's chest height and too feet are going for it.

The rest?

Eh, you know as well as I do that some CBs are judged on their mistakes more than other.

Yeah, definitely.

The way people talk about BFG and Koscielny you'd think they were several classes apart.

Marc

Lallana, such great movement.

Changed my mind on Wilshere, drop that top of the league smoker for someone that actually tries.

Suarez scores!! Drought over!

Wilbur

Banned
Great finish there, very good awareness.

I remember when you all praised Koscielny for that tackle where he was four feet off the ground and studs up and won the ball only because the opposition player didn't follow through and get murdered. Can't remember who it was against, might have been Chelsea, but I remember you all cumming over it and Wooden especially calling Kos a fucking idiot. Which he was, it was a maniacal challenge.

Great finish there, very good awareness.

I remember when you all praised Koscielny for that tackle where he was four feet off the ground and studs up and won the ball only because the opposition player didn't follow through and get murdered. Can't remember who it was against, might have been Chelsea, but I remember you all cumming over it and Wooden especially calling Kos a fucking idiot. Which he was, it was a maniacal challenge.

It was against Chelsea yes (Sturridge) and it's still incredible retarded every time a gooner posts it and erects each other. Should have been a penalty really, but you very rarely see them given when the guy about get killed jumps away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom