• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
RealRespectfulAvians.gif

MOTM.

Ox was MOTM, honestly. Fabianski was great too.

Ah well. Congrats Arsenal fans :(

Can't expect to win a big game away from home when your main striker fucks up 3 different one-on-ones and you miss an open goal.

Webb is a joke. No corruption or bias obviously, but he is stealing a living and reputation.

bjaelke

Sterling was fantastic today. Probably the best player on the pitch. Too bad we didn't take our chances. This one was definitely up for grabs.

subtles

Story of missed opportunities. Arsenal made their chances count. We played better than the last time we were here, let us continue on this trajectory.

In all honesty though, this team would be brilliant with proper attacking full backs as we suffer against teams that keep it tight at the back.

sohois

Liverpool can point at Webb for the non-pen but he should have sent Gerrard off and didn't. They just didn't take their chances.

2 points though:

A penalty is a very likely goal. A sending off is much less likely to result in a goal particularly with how poor Arsenal's attack was.

Arsenal could have had both Monreal and Podolski sent off

didamangi

Meh, should've win the game if Django wasn't off his game. Not that upset with this loss, now we can focus our efforts to get that top 4 spot win the title.

Marc

Fucking Arnie!

Great game, terrible result considering there should have been another pen and at least 2 sending off's. Should of been a replay result.

Sturridge was unlucky with the first shot, a couple of the others he wanted time to round the keeper but should have taken them early. Young guy though so can learn this lesson.

Feorax

No excuses now, all about the League from here on in. I don't think it's a big ask at all to finish ahead of Arsenal if we play like that for the rest of the season.

We can walk away with our heads held high. Played well, and would have been good value for a replay.

Webb was shite for both teams. He'll be more of an embarrassment to England than the NT at this World Cup.

Play Suarez centrally away from home from now on pls.

Facism

i wonder if Webb will end up like Cakir the Clown. One Gala-Fener game both teams refused to play the fixture unless they had a different ref to that bribe-artist.

dc89

I think so - good to hear him back (stupidity aside)

In a world where co-commentators are reduced to spouting the same cliches, lack any personality and could pre-record their opinions the night before and no-one would know the difference Gray is a shining light. He doesnt downgrade the game, he gives his opinion whether you like it or not and he seldom ever reverts to telling us things that are patently obvious. He is great at his job. A shit human.

The worst in the business is Stan Collymore, he just screams over Sam Matterface's commentary.

danwarb

Liverpool played well enough and created more. Arsenal looked wobbly again at the start. Had Sturridge not fluffed those early chances... :(

Should have had a second penalty. Webb is not a good referee. He has a negative influence on games.

Good luck Arsenal.

jtb

Banned
Wenger made some pretty huge gambles this game, lucky that they all paid off though.

Really needed this result ahead of Bayern.

Sagna, Gibbs, Cazorla, Giroud in. Keep Ox in the side. And ffs please do not start Wilshere. Do that and I'm confident we can get a result in the home leg.

jtb

Banned
No excuses now, all about the League from here on in. I don't think it's a big ask at all to finish ahead of Arsenal if we play like that for the rest of the season.

We can walk away with our heads held high. Played well, and would have been good value for a replay.

Webb was shite for both teams. He'll be more of an embarrassment to England than the NT at this World Cup.

Play Suarez centrally away from home from now on pls.

finish ahead of Arsenal???? let's not get ahead of ourselves here...

sohois

Anyway, like I said earlier at 2-0 I was fine with the defeat, since Liverpool had played well and it's always tough to get a result away at Arsenal. At 2-1 it's very annoying with the golden missed chances and the pen decision.

It's always going to be difficult to get a result though with Sturridge missing 3 such glorious chances. He has basically been a +1 goal handicap this season so it's mighty disappointing for him to miss 3 that he would usually all put away. Suarez wasn't getting much luck either. Honestly though I thought most of the team played well, can't understand all the Allen criticism to be honest. No real errors and he was linking up very well between the attack and defence. A 2 man midfield is not really suited to his role but he still did fine.Cissokho was crap, Flanagan ok but still a long way to go to secure a long term future at Liverpool. Skrtel some mistakes again but some very good defending as well.

FuturusX

Liverpool were fantastic. Arsenal very lucky to hold on there. The balance of power has shifted. Liverpool are definitely top 4 quality.

bjaelke

Trendsmap Liverpool @TrendsLiverpool
'shithouse', 'baldy', 'yorkshire' & 'blatant' are now trending in #Liverpool trendsmap.com/gb/liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom