• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddyBoy

Never quite had our shooting boots on today, a real good performance though especially compared to the game at the game at the Emirates in October.

Total focus on the league now, time to start thinking about Swansea next Saturday.

jtb

Banned
Sanogo was good. let's start him against Bayern.

really really need Ramsey back before all those brutal away fixtures in March. we've missed him so much

Draconian

That challenge by Ox was insane. I can honestly say nothing drives me crazier watching football matches than ridiculously stupid challenges in the box. Atrocious decision by Webb, and Ox was a complete idiot for even making a challenge when he was nowhere even close to getting the ball.

wedward

Yeah because you looked utterly convincing today and wasn't bailed out by our shit finishing and a cunt of a referee.

You's are utter shite.

We split the league games and knocked you out of the only trophy you had any chance of winning.

You played your best available team.

We played a 21 year old who has played 10 minutes this season.

MPW

Wenger made some pretty huge gambles this game, lucky that they all paid off though.

Really needed this result ahead of Bayern.

Sagna, Gibbs, Cazorla, Giroud in. Keep Ox in the side. And ffs please do not start Wilshere. Do that and I'm confident we can get a result in the home leg.

lol bayern is going to walk all over arsenal

Blah. I can shake hands with Arse-GAF and say well played because Arsenal were clinical and took 2 of the 3 chances they had. We missed several sitters especially Sturridge and I was glad he seemed disappointed after the game. He'll learn from this and hopefully we'll play like that more often and finish. Let's smash Swansea next week. By the way, how the hell did Agger miss that header?

If I had played, I would've been really tempted to just walk up to Webb and say to his face: "You're an utterly shite referee and the fact you get paid to do this job is akin to robbery sir. I hope you never referee our games again." Seriously, you know it's bad when both sets of fans are singing "You're not fit to referee!" together!

jtb

Banned
Why not? You're only 3 points ahead, have a tougher run in, and our goal difference is much better.

It's not a guarantee, but it's far from impossible.

tougher fixtures but we've also got the best midfielder in Europe out atm; nowhere to go but up from here (like a new signing, etc). plus Spurs are breathing down your neck as well. Liverpool have closed the gap quite a bit though

Draconian

Everyone blaming Webb and not the ridiculous theatrics from Suarez? If he had gone down normally that penalty would have been given.

Since when did penalties become about how the players fall? Ox made contact with Suarez and didn't get the ball. It's a penalty and there's absolutely no justification for Webb not giving it.

sohois

We've beat Liverpool twice this season.

Goal difference is still 5-4 in Liverpool's favour...

Tbf you pretty much played your first team.

They didn't.

But this is also a fair point to make. Though Liverpool were still missing 6 first team players.

edit: now that I think about it, Arsenal's first team would have had the exact same number of changes (Szcez, Sagna, Gibbs, Ramsey, Czaorla, Giroud), so that point doesn't really work

We split the league games and knocked you out of the only trophy you had any chance of winning.

You played your best available team.

We played a 21 year old who has played 10 minutes this season.

We had Cissokho tbf :p

Genuinely angers me that there is no comeback for poor refereeing aside from being demoted the Championship for 1 game.

Cissokho+Flanagan is surely the worst pair of attacking fullbacks in the league

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

1-0 by Garay!

fantastic header, ideal for team that like to cross.

jtb

Banned
Goal difference is still 5-4 in Liverpool's favour...

But this is also a fair point to make. Though Liverpool were still missing 6 first team players.

edit: now that I think about it, Arsenal's first team would have had the exact same number of changes (Szcez, Sagna, Gibbs, Ramsey, Czaorla, Giroud), so that point doesn't really work

you forgot the most important injured player of all: Diaby, eternal tormentor of Liverpool

Since when did penalties become about how the players fall?

Since falling in such a hilariously unrealistic way made it look like you were cheating. Not defending Webb's generally awful refereeing but Suarez made it not look genuine, which was enough for Webb to not give it.

Barzul

BgnWKY2CEAAlm8k.png

Lightning

Banned
Wenger made some pretty huge gambles this game, lucky that they all paid off though.

Really needed this result ahead of Bayern.

Sagna, Gibbs, Cazorla, Giroud in. Keep Ox in the side. And ffs please do not start Wilshere. Do that and I'm confident we can get a result in the home leg.
Wenger has to start Wilshere. Arteta,suspended for Bayern so if Flamini brings the lols we're in trouble.

Draconian

Since falling in such a hilariously unrealistic way made it look like you were cheating. Not defending Webb's generally awful refereeing but Suarez made it not look genuine, which was enough for Webb to not give it.

You might have a point if Webb weren't 10 yards away with a clear view of what happened.

L1NETT

Nah:

1) City
2) Chelski
3) Liverpool
4) Spurs

Go on, but a bet on that

pissing money away :p

See no reason as Viva said that Arsenal and Pool both won't make top 4.

Barring injuries and long runs in multiple competitions, i'll plump for

Chelsea
City
Arsenal
Pool

sohois

You mean 6-5

You're correct. Seems I got the Everton and Arsenal results mixed up

you forgot the most important injured player of all: Diaby, eternal tormentor of Liverpool

Touche.

Also let me take another opportunity to complain about how shit Rodgers is at subs. Sturridge really didn't offer much beyond missing three great chances, he should have been hauled off for Aspas. And I do believe Tex or even Moses could have offered something towards the end when the legs got tired.

And Theo.

That was Sanogo's first start too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom