• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? You're only 3 points ahead, have a tougher run in, and our goal difference is much better.

It's not a guarantee, but it's far from impossible.

It's not impossible. You also have to play Man City and Chelsea, along with Spurs and Man Utd.

Far from over, and all in all I'd say Man City have the toughest matches until the end of the season, and all away against Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton.

tougher fixtures but we've also got the best midfielder in Europe out atm; nowhere to go but up from here (like a new signing, etc). plus Spurs are breathing down your neck as well. Liverpool have closed the gap quite a bit though

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Delusional Arsenal fan.

Good burn. Good to see Liverpool back in irrelevance where they belong. Soz Hitch.

I give you a 2% chance of winning the CL
A 15% chance of winning the FA Cup
A 1% chance of winning the league

Come June, only one of us will have achieved our preseason target

Shove that up your arse

:(

Hope we smash the absolute fuck out of Swansea. Bollocks to Sturridge at CF if keeping him in the goals neuters Suarez like this.

Baki

Yeah because you looked utterly convincing today and wasn't bailed out by our shit finishing and a cunt of a referee.

You's are utter shite.

Haha your team is shit. Deal with it. Haha can't wait for Tottenham/Everton to put your shit team back into Europa league.

Nah:

1) City
2) Chelski
3) Liverpool
4) Spurs

Haha, whilst I really do hope Spurs get top 4 for 1) the lols and 2) it will make it much easier for us to break back in next season, I don't think they'll manage it in the end.

Although it is pretty amazing how close they still are it's rare that he best team doesn't win the title and that the best 4 teams don't make the top 4.

wedward

Can't wait for Ramsey to return and start banging in the goals. 2 more weeks.

Has anything been said about it yet? I thought it was 6 weeks from January 31st.

That puts it at March 14th. Throw on another week for him to get some fitness and we are looking at the 21st.

If he is back by the 21st he could play against Chelsea and City, but most likely will have missed Tottenham and Bayern.

I think he's decent. Not the best out there, but I see worse refs week in week out.

The whole supporting United thingy spouted by 11 year fifa UT players on twitter doesn't help his reputation.

The worst thing for his reputation is the one that the FA gave him in the first place. There is much more focus on him that there is on the other refs as he's the guy the FA have decided to make the face of our top level officiating, and he consistently fucks up.

Its a combination of doing a job under the microscope, and doing it badly.

Barzul

Has anything been said about it yet? I thought it was 6 weeks from January 31st.

That puts it at March 14th. Throw on another week for him to get some fitness and we are looking at the 21st.

If he is back by the 21st he could play against Chelsea and City, but most likely will have missed Tottenham and Bayern.

It was 4 to 6 weeks I believe so he could very well be fit by March 6th to 7th. He needs to hit the ground running.

Baki

Sanogo was good. let's start him against Bayern.

really really need Ramsey back before all those brutal away fixtures in March. we've missed him so much

No. Sanogo is only good for holding players off. Otherwise, he's shit.

L1NETT

The worst thing for his reputation is the one that the FA gave him in the first place. There is much more focus on him that there is on the other refs as he's the guy the FA have decided to make the face of our top level officiating, and he consistently fucks up.

Its a combination of doing a job under the microscope, and doing it badly.

Yeah that's fair.

Prem officiating isn't perfect granted, but it could be a whole lot worse. The difference when we had Phil Dowd/clattenburg this and last year is monumental to our league refs.

Marc

Ugh, Wenger on not seeing things. Biggest annoyance in football sometimes.

"I zee it, but I need to zee it again... maybe... maybe not."

The fuck you talking about? And they never call him on it. Get a sodding TV down there and show him again.

jtb

Banned

hamstring injuries are notoriously difficult to gauge properly, especially when Arsenal's famed medical team is involved. expect him to be rushed back for Bayern (if we haven't been routed in the home leg) only to injure himself again and miss the entire run in.

wedward

A scrappy cup win the the mass delusions are back. :p

Nah, I have been saying we are going to win the Treble since preseason.

Ugh, Wenger on not seeing things. Biggest annoyance in football sometimes.

"I zee it, but I need to zee it again... maybe... maybe not."

The fuck you talking about? And they never call him on it. Get a sodding TV down there and show him again.

What difference does it make if he says he saw it or not. He isn't the ref.

Feorax

don't pretend like Diaby wouldn't snap Allen and Gerrard in half

Diaby was awesome last season against us, but I'm worried he's approaching the point of being permacrocked now. I think Asprsenal need to replace him in the summer sadly, he just can't be relied upon. He's a bonus player at this point, you're planning your season without him in mind.

I think Ox could be that player long term. He's so good for his age.

I still can't believe we're trusting the likes of him and Sterling to Roy fucking Hodgeson in the summer.

Anyway, rather than letting the likes of Baki bring us all down, I'm just going today well played and good luck in the rest of the competition. Arsenal are too good a team to have not won anything for 8 years, so I hope they win the FA cup this year.

You see what an Arsenal win does for them now, Lambda? The shit is once again streaming out like an overflowing septic tank.

And this is the result you wanted. Let this be a harsh lesson to you for ever hoping that Arsenal triumph.

i was trying to reverse jinx, it worked for the 5-1.

don't pretend like Diaby wouldn't snap Allen and Gerrard in half

But Diaby hasn't played this Liverpool team yet, if we had the same squad from last year then maybe you might have a point. Let's talk again when he has played this Liverpool team, but then again he probably never will considering how fragile of a player he is.

He's right though, when Kallstrom comes back we'll walk the league.

Except he isn't right.

A scrappy cup win the the mass delusions are back. :p

Pretty much.

Sviato, Garay scored.
Yeah, I saw. I'm tired of the speculation though. It makes no sense from a Benfica standpoint anyway. Your president is just planting stories in the Portuguese press so at the end of the window he can boast about he staved off the efforts of the mighty Russian oil giants and kept their man to deflect attention from the fact that he sold your best player to Chelsea on the cheap.

No. Capello seems like a cunt. That's because he is. I'm 100% behind Conte on this.
Capello being a cunt doesn't preclude Conte from being insecure. I mean the hair piece isn't doing him any favours in that regard.

Marc

What difference does it make if he says he saw it or not. He isn't the ref.

Then why pretend otherwise? Just say you saw it, should have been a pen, things happen... move on. He makes it a bigger issue with his bollocks about not seeing things.

Puts a bit of a fire under Rodgers and the team, imo

Failure to secure 4th or higher from this position, and it'll just be another cupless season in which we failed to get back into the CL spots

jtb

Banned
Diaby was awesome last season against us, but I'm worried he's approaching the point of being permacrocked now. I think Asprsenal need to replace him in the summer sadly, he just can't be relied upon. He's a bonus player at this point, you're planning your season without him in mind.

I still can't believe we're trusting the likes of him and Sterling to Roy fucking Hodgeson in the summer.

He's been permacrocked for a while now. honestly, I think he'd be better off just retiring after his contract expires—he likely won't play a single minute this season and that's after only playing 10 matches or so last season. Wenger said last season was his last chance at proving he could have a place in the squad and Diaby did everything right; had a proper pre-season, was playing and training well, only to get injured all over again. At some point he has to question whether it's worth putting his body through such a beating when it clearly can't handle it. He's had bad injury luck but at this point, it's also clear that his body is simply too fragile to handle a season of football.

Baki

Anyway, rather than letting the likes of Baki bring us all down, I'm just going today well played and good luck in the rest of the competition. Arsenal are too good a team to have not won anything for 8 years, so I hope they win the FA cup this year.

Please, I only do this to counterbalance the delusional Liverpool fans. I never instigate.

“It was a foul; I’m not so sure it’s a yellow card. Howard Webb used his common-sense’

Fuck off Rodgers.

guy-throws-christmas-tree-girl-face-1387716551r.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Conte seems insecure.

I don't like what's happening right now, but I'm tired of hearing Capello criticising our team and Conte all the way from Russia.

They're both wrong. Just pick up the phone and sort it out with him, not through the media.

subtles

I would gladly take this loss if it motivates the team to continue improving and secure a place in the top four. If not, it would just be another fruitless season despite the massive step up.

Zabojnik

Capello being a cunt doesn't preclude Conte from being insecure. I mean the hair piece isn't doing him any favours in that regard.

I don't see how he's being "insecure", but okay. If Capello can talk shit about him / this Juve, so can Conte. It's been a long time coming too. He's not one to turn the other cheek, never has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom