• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

Hi Footy-GAF. I am back from Kipless' world

Sun_Emoj.png

Lightning

Banned
How does Mourinho come up with this is the worst Barca team in years? It's basically the same team from previous seasons with Neymar included and a returning to form Messi.

The defence is aging is the only thing that's changed.

Suen

How does Mourinho come up with this is the worst Barca team in years? It's basically the same team from previous seasons with Neymar included and a returning to form Messi.

What? Xavi has lost his game and Iniesta hasn't been impressive at all. Sanchez has been improving though and Valdes is phenomenal this season. I'd say last season was worst Barca team in years and even now they aren't where they were before.

The emoticons ares shit. Hixx is absolutely right.
Fuck off, both of you <3

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Well that's what he's talking about. Barca conceded 4 to PSG last season, 7 against Bayern, etc. When they were on top of the world those kinds of stats were simply not possible, you couldn't get up the pitch never mind score a goal. The days when a team like Arsenal could go to Camp Nou and not have a single shot on target are over. The axis of Messi-Iniesta-Xavi is not what it was either, the latter two are starting to wane.

Elchele

They really need to sign a couple of players in the summer (CB and CM). But I would say Tata's Barcelona is pretty good side, better than Tito's Barcelona.

Kikarian

There's a mixed bag of improvement and poor form/age.

I think it's a little hyperbole to say it's the worse team they have, but I can understand where he's coming from.

rvy

Banned
They really need to sign a couple of players in the summer (CB and CM). But I would say Tata's Barcelona is pretty good side, better than Tito's Barcelona.

I wonder how good will Tuto's Barcelona be next season.

And Tete's after that one.

Elchele

Well that's what he's talking about. Barca conceded 4 to PSG last season, 7 against Bayern, etc. When they were on top of the world those kinds of stats were simply not possible, you couldn't get up the pitch never mind score a goal. The days when a team like Arsenal could go to Camp Nou and not have a single shot on target are over. The axis of Messi-Iniesta-Xavi is not what it was either, the latter two are starting to wane.

I think Barcelona raised the bar a few years ago, and top clubs have finally catch up. Football has changed in the last few years thanks to Barcelona

Kind of what happened in the Bundesliga with Dortmund, everyone stepped their game up - specially Bayern.

I wonder how good will Tuto's Barcelona be next season.

And Tete's after that one.

rvy pls

Suen

Well that's what he's talking about. Barca conceded 4 to PSG last season, 7 against Bayern, etc. When they were on top of the world those kinds of stats were simply not possible, you couldn't get up the pitch never mind score a goal. The days when a team like Arsenal could go to Camp Nou and not have a single shot on target are over.
It's not like it's something you wouldn't expect. Teams achieve great success and then at some point they will have a transitional phase and Barca are approaching that phase although not necessarily in all positions. That said defense is horrible and finding players to replace Xavi (and eventually Iniesta) at their best will be hard. Just look at Milan, put that club in Serie C and they'd still struggle this season

Suen

As much as Tito seemed like a nice guy his Barcelona was boring as fuck. Lots of us complain about how boring Barca and their tiki-taka is to watch these days but Martino is making gradual changes and I seriously believe they will be much more fun to watch in the near future. They are already more enjoyable to watch this season in comparison to the previous one.

edit: double post. Mumei pls, spare me.

Lightning

Banned
It's not like it's something you wouldn't expect. Teams achieve great success and then at some point they will have a transitional phase and Barca are approaching that phase although not necessarily in all positions. That said defense is horrible and finding players to replace Xavi (and eventually Iniesta) at their best will be hard. Just look at Milan, put that club in Serie C and they'd still struggle this season
Don't agree at all.

Fabregas has come of age this season. Sanchez and Pedro doing great in attack. Xavi been on the way out for a while but have youngsters coming in there and not hard to replace a couple of defenders which is all that's required, along with the gk of course.

Not a lot wrong with that Barca team.

Suen

Don't agree at all.

Fabregas has come of age this season. Sanchez and Pedro doing great in attack. Xavi been on the way out for a while but have youngsters coming in there and not hard to replace a couple of defenders which is all that's required, along with the gk of course.

Not a lot wrong with that Barca team.
Pedro and Sanchez weren't that impressive though in the past two seasons. If we'd compare them to our players then their change this season is kind of like how Ramsey or Chesney changed. If they got their problems in defense solved they'd be quite threatening but they aren't as intimidating as they once were. Teams have also adapted to their style of playing and their tactics so it's not as effective as it once was.

Suen

I fucking hate it when people complain about colourless setting when a game/level is going for a dark style like this. You people are the worst. Fuck colours, limbo 4 lyfe.
Colorless third person shooter number x. Buy it.

Worst part is that it will stay colorless because London was built by depressed people.

Oh my god Bla why did you call Wooden "my favourite Jew"

I can't
I find it more interesting that you are interested in this among all other things that come up here and on whatsapp. Could you please tell us why this caught your interest?

Hixx

Of all the games Wooden likes its a third-person cover-based linear-as-fuck shooter-game l-o-l

PEW PEW TIE FIGHTER l-o-l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom