• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

i8Mae09W1eJMM.gif

TGNz0rC.png

YES YES YES

Wilbur

Banned
Dat media.

Manuel Pellegrini has claimed that Manchester City are now bigger than Manchester United, with the manager believing that knocking Barcelona out of the Champions League would be a defining moment in the club's evolution.

Pellegrini said: "If we only consider this season, there is just one club in Manchester and it's ours but you cannot forget what United has done in the previous years.

"We are aiming to keep growing by winning trophies – not just national but international trophies. We are fighting for four titles this year. We have to be patient because you cannot change the team from one day to another. We have to keep the philosophy of the style and for that you need time."

Speaking Spanish, Pellegrini's answer regarding City and United was actually given by the Uefa translator as: "The biggest team is City now but we cannot forget the last few years." Yet the Chilean, who speaks good English and was sat next to the translator, did not object to her interpretation.

Fergie

Banned
Manuel Pellegrini has claimed that Manchester City are now bigger than Manchester United, with the manager believing that knocking Barcelona out of the Champions League would be a defining moment in the club's evolution.

Pellegrini said: "If we only consider this season, there is just one club in Manchester and it's ours but you cannot forget what United has done in the previous years.

"We are aiming to keep growing by winning trophies – not just national but international trophies. We are fighting for four titles this year. We have to be patient because you cannot change the team from one day to another. We have to keep the philosophy of the style and for that you need time."

Speaking Spanish, Pellegrini's answer regarding City and United was actually given by the Uefa translator as: "The biggest team is City now but we cannot forget the last few years." Yet the Chilean, who speaks good English and was sat next to the translator, did not object to her interpretation.
What.

i7Ij1CiMb58Vy.png

Elchele

I was watching Tata Martino press conference, the woman doing the translation to english not once got it right, incredible. I could do a better job

Champions League is finally back, pretty excited even though we're not playing yet. Although I guess it's not that bad to wait another week playing in Russia and all that (or is it going to be colder there next week, Sviat?).

It's not going to be cold at all :( Supposed to be around 0 degrees. Rubin's Europa League games will be much more fun though since it's supposed to be -20 in Kazan.

FootballFan

That Order leaks thread has gone down the shitter.

Anyways, new predictions (can change)

Bayer Leverkusen 1 - 3 Paris Saint Germain
AC Milan 1 - 4 Atletico Madrid
Arsenal 0 - 2 Bayern Munich

Zenit Petersburg 0 - 4 Borussia Dortmund
Olympiakos 2 - 1 Manchester United
Galatasaray 2 - 1 Chelsea
Schalke 04 0 - 4 Real Madrid

Scum

That Order leaks thread has gone down the shitter.

Zenit Petersburg 1 - 3 Borussia Dortmund
Olympiakos 3 - 1 Manchester United
Schalke 04 1 - 4 Real Madrid
What a fucking surprise. It's going to be even more unbearable come E3.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Im going to end up getting a ps4, not sure I can miss out on the Order

Zenit Petersburg 0 - 0 Borussia Dortmund
Olympiakos 2 - 1 Manchester United
Schalke 04 0 - 4 Real Madrid

Lol, so Zenit went from conceding 4 goals to conceding none. What happened? Did I miss us signing anyone?

sohois

There are dozens of Chinese Take me Out knockoffs it seems. I remember one which seemed to be all disabled people coming on and making everyone cry with sob stories before getting to the actual choosing part.

Another had a panel of judges for no apparent reason

subtles

I've noticed RVP has been omitted from the 'Future Captain' feature on the United website.

Wayne Rooney, Phil Jones, Jonny Evans, Darren Fletcher and David De Gea are the five listed.

I've noticed RVP has been omitted from the 'Future Captain' feature on the United website.

Wayne Rooney, Phil Jones, Jonny Evans, Darren Fletcher and David De Gea are the five listed.

Oh god.

It has begun.

(I actually think Rooney in front with Mata as no. 10 would be the best. RVP is going to be 31 next year anyway)

Lightning

Banned
Looking forward to Bayern game. That Liverpool victory came at the right time to give us confidence and get the media off our backs unlike last season (Blackburn). Can't wait for the lads to go out there and give it our best shot.

Blablurn

Hit me like a stone that our Champions League reign will be over soon :( It was nice while it lasted. Fucking time is moving so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom