• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

but forget about the number though, it's meaningless. Going the whole season unbeaten is better!

That would be crazy. CRAZY BRO.

Since the beginning of the 2012/2013 season we lost only a few games. Lemme see if i can count them all. MasterBATE (CL Group Stage), Arsenal (2nd leg CL), Leverkusen (last year BL), Dortmund ( This years German Super Copa), City (this season CL).

The defeat against Red Bull Salzburg (?) doesnt count since it was only a friendly game.

Mad impressive stats.

Blablurn

hahahaha oh maaan

ibt2jNdhvMJj0c.gif

phaze

Marc

In general you are correct. We concede very few goals through the centre of the pitch, this is because our midfield shields the back 4 a lot and doesn't allow players to run at them. When our midfield doesn't work so well, our defense looks much more shaky and prone to conceding goals.

We will always be susceptible to counter attacks because of how we play with our fullbacks pushing up, usually Wilshere/Ramsey pushing up as well leaving in most cases only Arteta/Flamini and Merte and Kos to deal with the counter because our fullbacks are up field and as a result are vastly out numbered against quick counter attacking teams. Dortmund punished us for example for this, as did Aston Villa etc.

Depending how the games going is how good our defense is. For the most part it's been very solid because our midfield has been solid. When our midfield is not solid, the result is usually a Liverpool like result because we get stung with players out of position which was largely the problem against Liverpool.

You look a lot better with Flamini in the centre as well, adding spice to the space in front of the CB's. Arteta is better when playing against crap attacks but against the big boys doesn't work as well for me. BFG is just so painfully slow and has no agility whatsoever so when a pacey and skillful player sets up shop next to him can get exposed very easily. Kos just has major concentration issues, switches off too much and doesn't read things and anticipate as much. Having the ability to park the bus is a good tool to have when needed as some teams, such as Arsenal themselves, struggle against it and can eventually win you the game. For most of this league, the midfields are pretty pony so you can get away with it a lot more than maybe you should.

As mentioned though, would you rather have a world class defence or world class defenders. Could possibly get to the former, but the question would be... why not both?

Fulham have sacked Ray Wilkins.

Curbishley is staying tho.

They were starting to look very good under Rene and Ray, its an odd one as it seems like they are definitely going down at this point.

FootballFan

To be fair, when they were the best team in the world it was with like 8 homegrown players.

Doesn't really excuse the fact we still spend 57m on Neymar, 30m on Alves, Don't know how much on Sanchez, 40m on Ibra, 30m on Chygrynskiy etc. Alves is just playing stupid mind games, if he did indeed say that.

Our first XI is "cheap" if you look at how much we paid for it but that doesn't mean we don't spend like every other big club. Reminds me of that argument Sviat had with Juve-bros a while ago.

Messi

Bla you can join in if you like. But its really just pictures of wilburys body parts, pulga live messaging real matches, banned people, people implying I am a drug dealer, sex questions, dildos and frowny smiles.

Zabojnik

Juve - Chievo tomorrow. We have to win to help Sassuolo.
Who am I kidding, they're doomed with Malemerda at the helm. Mimmo pls.

If you have yet to play The Broken Age then pls play it.

It's absolutely gorgeous. The while thing oozes charm.

Listen to this man. Day 1 backer here, started playing it the other day. Absolutely loving it so far.

Clegg

FF it's becoming more and more likely that Barca spent an awful lot more than £57m on Neymar.

Just accept Barca's cuntitude. They're as bad as everyone else. Embrace it.

Clegg

Some of the Sunday papers say Pardew is in trouble.

The Express go as far as saying that he's one loss away from the sack.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juve - Chievo tomorrow. We have to win to help Sassuolo.
Who am I kidding, they're doomed with Malemerda at the helm. Mimmo pls.

Listen to this man. Day 1 backer here, started playing it the other day. Absolutely loving it so far.

It was great!

Did they spoil the plot for the backers?
like the wolf moment and the surprise ending

Clegg

Just read that article on Morrison in the Guardian.

Allardyce comes out of it very badly. Whiff of corruption about the whole thing.

Zabojnik

It was great!

Did they spoil the plot for the backers?
like the wolf moment and the surprise ending

No, but you just did. :(
Not really, although they've shown quite a lot in the fantastic, I repeat, FANTASTIC documentary episodes they released during the development. They are worth the price of backing alone.

FootballFan

FF it's becoming more and more likely that Barca spent an awful lot more than £57m on Neymar.

Just accept Barca's cuntitude. They're as bad as everyone else. Embrace it.

No, it isn't. It's frustrating and unfair because essentially what you are doing is believing The Sun or Daily Mail over a club statement where the confidentiality clause was bypassed.

I have nothing against you making fun of Barca for something stupid but not when the story you are getting is from Marca even though the real evidence is out there.

I can link you the press conference(40mins if you can be bothered watching) or give you links to read directly from the club but people seem to be more interested in believing Marca and Pulga.

I don't get how you don't get why that would annoy me. If it turns out Barca cheated or something then we deserve to be punished.

There's a reason Santos was also denied any further claims too. Neymar had a year left in his contract, they were lucky to even get that 17m(yes, out of the 57m transfer, only 17 went to Santos, dat 3rd party ownership)

"lolz Mata cost ManUtd £67.1m"

wedward

No, it isn't. It's frustrating and unfair because essentially what you are doing is believing The Sun or Daily Mail over a club statement where the confidentiality clause was bypassed.

I have nothing against you making fun of Barca for something stupid but not when the story you are getting is from Marca even though the real evidence is out there.

You mean the exact thing you did with Illara?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

I can link you the press conference(40mins if you can be bothered watching) or give you links to read directly from the club but people seem to be more interested in believing Marca and Pulga.

I don't get how you don't get why that would annoy me. If it turns out Barca cheated or something then we deserve to be punished.

There's a reason Santos was also denied any further claims too. Neymar had a year left in his contract, they were lucky to even get that 17m(yes, out of the 57m transfer, only 17 went to Santos, dat 3rd party ownership)

Santos FC reads the Daily Mail?

Spanish judges investigates unfounded allegations thrown by tabloids?

CEOs resign to prevent gossip?

and

You mean the exact thing you did with Illara?

Clegg

Is it not dodgy as fuck that €40m was paid to a company owned by Neymar's parents and another €10 paid to them back in 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom