• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Well played to City, unfortunately for them they got Uefalona'd.

Foul yes, red card yes, penalty? Nope. It was outside of the box, in which case the referee could not be 100% sure it was a penalty so he should give the benefit of the doubt to the defender. Red card is bad enough with 40 minutes to go.

From what I saw, 0 - 0 and even with 10 men City could have held it up. Barcelona looked surprisingly dull.

Lol so typical to say that. We got robbed of a legit goal so it's all evened out.

And the official rule is that the foul is given where the foul ends. So inside the box.

Bumhead

Banned
Can't stand this Barcelona team and I don't like watching them.

Have to admire quality when it's there though. City weren't bad and fought but there was a gulf there tonight.

Blablurn

GG Barca-GAF. Boring yet effective game. As a fan I would be happy about it. Really. And I'm actually happy that you will kick out City. If City would become a true team, they would be unstoppable I think.

You conceded two as well ;)

With 10 men just because Alexis found Terrys back massage too rough and then playing with fucking Bosingwa in the CB position lol.
iAMrOJj3G3HBL.png

Fake edit : there's too damn many icons in the OT now, I can't find what I want.

Leverkusen has lost all matches they've ever played in the CL round of 16 conceding at least 3 goals in each of them.

Dat Leverkusen

All went to shit when Ballack left.

José Mourinho;101348129 said:
We clawed two back at the Nou Camp. No reason this City side can't.

Don't think this City side has the resilience and determination we had. And Pelligrini hasn't learnt from his mistakes

Pranay

With 10 men just because Alexis found Terrys back massage too rough and then playing with fucking Bosingwa in the CB position lol.
iAMrOJj3G3HBL.png

Fake edit : there's too damn many icons in the OT now, I can't find what I want.

José Mourinho;101348723 said:
... That was my point.

Fair enough we went there one up. But they put two past us and we were down to ten men. Got two back in the end. If we can, this City squad can.

Busquets scored before terry sending off....

Anyways i dont see barca not scoring against man city

Arnie

I think Barca wasn't that good and Man city were awful.

And Demichelis (and Pellegrini) is a moron...
I think it's very easy to say Barca weren't excellent given that they didn't click into the sort of high tempo gear we've seen from them in the past, but I honestly think they came here with a different game plan and executed it to perfection.

A subpar team performance won't subdue Manchester City at home like Barcelona just did. A team that doesn't execute their game plan doesn't return from the Etihad with a two goal advantage and a clean sheet. You can question the game plan in itself; it wasn't the most exciting performance they've ever produced, but I certainly think it was an excellent one.

Mascherano was superb tonight.
How to keep a job without tangible success?

0001Fabio%2BCapello1.jpg

City official account tweeted in 89th minute Alves was quiet and still in it at 1-0 or something lololol

Oh maybe they didnt. Just the Demichellis one :(

Marc

I love reading Robbie Savage's insights on the BBC in how to beat Barca.... Robbie Savage... champions league expert.

Carragher played, result is invalid. When Hulk scores, the entire match should be written off as one where all logic and rationality was thrown out of the window

Last season, yes. But this season Hulk has been fantastic, shitty penalty-taking aside. 22 games, 12 goals + 10 assists. Took him a bit of time to settle in.

Meier

So you forgot the legit onside goal refs took away from Barca?

Oh wait,

Ronaldo avatar

Dat salt
If the game is 0-0 at this point, City are probably playing very differently there and it's impossible to know if the situation presents itself. The penalty was an error and it had major repercussions on the rest of the game and the tie as a whole. That's really all that you can say.

If the game is 0-0 at this point, City are probably playing very differently there and it's impossible to know if the situation presents itself. The penalty was an error and it had major repercussions on the rest of the game and the tie as a whole. That's really all that you can say.
Demichelis should have known he was running the risk going in like that.

Meier

Demichelis should have known he was running the risk going in like that.

I would never, ever disagree with that even if I hadn't said it initially. It was a terrible idea to go for the tackle -- you're getting a red essentially every time when you make that attempt. Let Messi get the shot off, if he scores oh well. Being down to 10 is a much bigger problem than being down by 1 goal. The obvious difference being the location of the foul here.

I don't understand Pellegrini's love for Demichelis. Truly inexplicable....

He had coached him twice and wanted a veteran to replace Kolo. Obviously there is a trust factor there. He admitted that we tried to sign Pepe this summer but obviously we wouldn't meet Madrid's asking price and then he signed Demichelis instead.

Elchele

LOL and Who is the owner of Leverkusen and Wolfsburg?? And that's not counting the fact Allianz, Volkwagen and Adidas own shares of Bayern

While Wolfsburg does get a lot of money from VW, they were born like a company club. Just like Leverkusen, and Bayer barely gives them money if any.

Don't see how Bayern situation could be related to selling the club to a random guy with a lot of oil money to be honest. Allianz, Adidas and Audi all have shares in Bayern, yes, but they account for 24,9% of them so they have no say in Bayern's management decisions. Bayern is still 100% run by old football stars and mostly owned by the fans

In bundesliga clubs can still be successful without having to splash amazing amounts of money in players. They slowly build a great team, made by a great coach, just like Dortmund did

Watching South Park, and the 'fuck's aren't censored. I'm sure they were last time I watched it.

Don't know why, but similar to Always Sunny, I prefer it when they tone down the swearing a bit. The Always Sunny Christmas special didn't seem quite right with all the fucks being thrown around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom