• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Demichelis is fucking putrid and we've known this forever but I'm not going to kill City for getting him. City should be killed for still playing him. They bought him when Kompany was injured, Nastasić was injured, they tried Javi Garcia at CB and it was a disaster too. Lescott is shit and when they played Richards at center then he was shit too.

Demichelis is fucking putrid and we've known this forever but I'm not going to kill City for getting him. City should be killed for still playing him. They bought him when Kompany was injured, Nastasić was injured, they tried Javi Garcia at CB and it was a disaster too. Lescott is shit and when they played Richards at centre then he was shit too.

Lescott is competent imo

Clegg

City's twitter account is quite good. According to it:

Demichelis was a colossus at the back
Dani Alves had a poor game
Barca's goal in the 80th minutes was rightfully called offside

Batongen

Banned
Fuckin hell City, I was even ready to post this if you had scored:

2KH7AHg.gif

Not hard to guess who it is

DeMichelis was very good in Málaga, mostly. His last year he was too slow though, he wasn't a player for a 1st class team (maybe not that bad for a more defensive team like Atleti) but it's not like the other defenders seem much better save Kompany. Pellegrini went for "malo conocido" and it backfired.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
Not a fan of Barca, but im glad they won. A team like Manchester City can under no circumstances be allowed to achieve success, as they represent everything that is wrong with football.

Filippo Ricci ‏@filippomricci
Pellegrini on Spanish tv: "The ref decided the game: he gave a penalty that was outside the box. Barcelona didn't create a single chance"

Meier

City's twitter account is quite good. According to it:

Demichelis was a colossus at the back
Dani Alves had a poor game
Barca's goal in the 80th minutes was rightfully called offside

Well, prior to his fuck up, Demichelis had played pretty well. At one point when Alexis looked possibly in on goal he completely dominated him and pushed him towards the touchline and drew a throw even. He did have that one moment early where his stupid pass interrupted a counter opportunity but that was the only major mistake he'd made up until the dumb tackle. I thought he'd played well.

I thought Alves was okay but he didn't play particularly well until the goal. He committed quite a few fouls and hadn't offered much plus he missed a decent chance.

That Cesc offside call was pretty tight but definitely wrong. He is beyond Kompany but Nasri played him on -- could be the lino on the other side of the field as Nasri made the call? Maybe that is who the Twitter guy was looking at as well.

Meier

That's not very kind, or accurate.

Prior to the penalty, it's not particularly far off though. Twitter is constantly posting quotes out of context so I wouldn't be surprised if he was referencing that. Barca had what, 1 SOG prior to the penalty and that was a prayer from distance by Xavi.

Clegg

I have to disagree with you on Demi, Meier. I thought he panicked in most situations he faced this evening and was responsible for giving the ball back to Barca on a number of occasions.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Filippo Ricci ‏@filippomricci
Pellegrini on Spanish tv: "The ref decided the game: he gave a penalty that was outside the box. Barcelona didn't create a single chance"

One single chance before the red actually.

Plenty (three shots on target) after.

Meier

I have to disagree with you on Demi, Meier. I thought he panicked in most situations he faced this evening and was responsible for giving the ball back to Barca on a number of occasions.

I can only recall the one specifically but I wouldn't doubt you being correct about him giving it away more than once. They pressed us quite a bit -- I was impressed by their performance. I can't really agree that he made a number of mistakes though. I thought he'd played well on the whole. Kolarov was really the only player I was unhappy with in the 1st Half. He looked a little better before the red card but I would have made the Nasri switch I suggested at HT.

Blablurn

The question about quality lies deep beneath the sea. Was it Demichelis fault? The answer to this question is not as obvious you might think it is.

To understand the paradoxum of Pelligrini and Demichelis you have to go back. Back in a time where Barcelona was the frontcover of the international football world. It was back then when Mascherano fell on the ground, hoping that this momentum will never go away.

On the same day Demichelis dropped a plate in the kitchen. From there on nothing would be like it used to be. Pelligrini knew it too. It was a rainy day Villareal. He went through the streets of the city, thinking about drinking a cup of tea, when it striked him. He needed to finish his job. He needed to grab a bite of the cake.

He never would. He never will.

iwt0dWelBMgBW.gif

bjaelke

Tom Williams @tomwfootball
Pellegrini: "I think it was not a good idea to put a referee from Sweden in such an important match." Ouch.

This wont end well.

Tom Williams @tomwfootball
Pellegrini: "I think it was not a good idea to put a referee from Sweden in such an important match." Ouch.

This wont end well.

Was the ref that bad? I didn't think so?

Seems like he's blaming others for his mistakes or he's learning from the master and deflecting. Its ok Manuel, we know you love Jose really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom