• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

I tried, man. Finished Spanish 2 and started Spanish 3 last summer. Spanish 3 was held by some old woman from Argentina who couldn't speak German and didn't even bother to speak Spanish slowly. It took me 3 hours of not understanding shit before I decided to quit lol

argentines are the worst when it comes to speak non-latin languages.

VUELVE A INTENTARLO

Marc

Robbie Savage, BBC Radio 5 live at Etihad Stadium
Manchester City 0-2 Barcelona
"If Manchester City win the tie in the Nou Camp, I will stop working."

PLEASE CITY, PLEEEAAASEEE!!

I..

i closed it after 1 minute

my head

goodgodg1y3z.png

But it says "the Most IMPORTANT Video You'll Ever See"!!! Get to the chess example and it will start making sense.

Ok, watch Utopia instead, more violence and sex.

arkon

Just seen a pretty neat thing on twitter, just a little bit of convo before the CL

Who would be on your club's Mount Rushmore, if one was made? If there was a mountain near your stadium in Manchester or Madrid or Merseyside or Mumbai (pls), what are the four faces built into it?

Fergie and Busby, definitely. Then... two of Charlton, Cantona and Giggs?

Rooney surely.

Lightning

Banned
How would you set up the team tomorrow? I'd be tempted to start Monreal and Jenkinson on the flanks, tbh
Szczesny
Gibbs, Koscileny, Mertesacker, Sagna
--------Wilshere, Flamini-----------
---------------Özil-----------------
---Podolski, Giroud, Chamberlain----

That would be my preferred team.

L1NETT

Why the fuck hasn't Series 2 of Utopia started yet? It's been 13 months.

C4 pls

It has Emperor Palpatine in it, i'm sure it will be worth that wait. Reckon Spring/Summer.

To keep you going, watch Southcliffe, also on 4od. Fucking great.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Szczesny

I don't think we can use Podolski on the right!

edit: Or Sagna and Gibbs

Lightning bb this not how you do lineups! Haven't you learned anything from UnitedGAF?

jtb

Banned
Szczesny

I think that's what we'll get. a little hesitant about Wilshere and Ozil starting in the middle—they don't like defending, but I guess we don't have any choice

You're taking out on me for my Bayern days, aren't you?

:(

Fry

I posted this on whatsapp yesterday but I think you left it

Was playing 3ds

Watching Stephen Fry documentary in the background about coming out as gay

and then

YOU POPPED UP ON SCREEN
This man claimed to have been cured of his gayness with this special anti gay therapist.

It all made so much sense, Stephen FRY

Meier

The ref didn't decide the game. That quote is crap.

Saying that is like the ref decided your games against Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle as well. You got handily beat by a team who played much better on the night.
Don't agree. Passing the ball around a lot doesn't make a team better. City had more chances and were far closer to scoring in the first half (ball Valdes dropped after set piece, Negredo hitting wood work, Negredo with poor header on deep Navas cross). Barça hadn't created a real chance to score prior to the red card and penalty. Reffing was largely culpable to be sure.

Draconian

Well played to City, unfortunately for them they got Uefalona'd.

Foul yes, red card yes, penalty? Nope. It was outside of the box, in which case the referee could not be 100% sure it was a penalty so he should give the benefit of the doubt to the defender. Red card is bad enough with 40 minutes to go.

From what I saw, 0 - 0 and even with 10 men City could have held it up. Barcelona looked surprisingly dull.

I know I'm a bit late I just finished watching the game and loooooooool at this. Were City unlucky on the penalty decision? Yeah, but that's why you don't make that kind of challenge near the penalty area. It was close enough to where I don't have any serious complaints about it. Did you miss Barca's disallowed goal on a bogus offside call? Did you miss Dani Alves' goal in the last minute? Not that your avatar doesn't completely give away where you're coming from mind you.

Fry

Fry

I posted this on whatsapp yesterday but I think you left it

Was playing 3ds

Watching Stephen Fry documentary in the background about coming out as gay

and then

YOU POPPED UP ON SCREEN

This man claimed to have been cured of his gayness with this special anti gay therapist.

It all made so much sense, Stephen FRY

image.php

Draconian

If the game is 0-0 at this point, City are probably playing very differently there and it's impossible to know if the situation presents itself. The penalty was an error and it had major repercussions on the rest of the game and the tie as a whole. That's really all that you can say.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you the one who were defending that penalty on Suarez a few weeks ago by saying the keeper shouldn't have gone to ground when he didn't even touch Suarez? Why doesn't that same logic apply here?

EDIT: Ah, I see you sort of said that later. Perhaps I should catch up before quoting people from now on lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Did you miss Barca's disallowed goal on a bogus offside call? Did you miss Dani Alves' goal in the last minute? Not that your avatar doesn't completely give away where you're coming from mind you.

you're right

but that's not how it works

A penalty = a guaranteed goal = City will change their gameplan = they concede goals

the penalty killed them.

KILLED THEM YOU HEAR ME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom