• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
:lol absolutely nothing.

that pic is from two years ago. this is from yesterday:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1620491_1407615342825761_1598820367_n.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I can see the spot in both pics, but it could be just your curly hair.

you would look great with a shaven head though, honestly.

also she's trying to flirt with you under the table, pay attention cunt.

Fry

I can see the spot in both pics, but it could be just your curly hair.

you would look great with a shaven head though, honestly.

also she's trying to flirt with you under the table, pay attention cunt.

she kicked me all night and filled my glass with beer every time I finished one (6)

jtb

Banned
We'll see about that. We have a great chance depending how well we can play.

I agree. keep it reasonably close (preferably a one+ goal cushion) and we have a good chance of going through. I don't think having the second leg at home is an advantage at all—but we NEED to not lose this tie in the first leg for that to happen.

According to the papers Wenger has had an affair also, does that make him a cunt?

Calm down. Always wanting to sell someone.

if we sell him, it should be because he's shit not because he's unfaithful

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
she kicked me all night and filled my glass with beer every time I finished one (6)

define kicked me all night
plugmoon37dl9.png

Draconian

Don't agree. Passing the ball around a lot doesn't make a team better. City had more chances and were far closer to scoring in the first half (ball Valdes dropped after set piece, Negredo hitting wood work, Negredo with poor header on deep Navas cross). Barça hadn't created a real chance to score prior to the red card and penalty. Reffing was largely culpable to be sure.

You should blame Navas for giving the ball away and trying to flop his way out of it instead of making an attempt to get it back then.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pirlo and Buffon are cheating on their wives too. But seriously, who cares?

(well their wives and kids obviously)

arkon

Demichelis has two options at that point. He either tackles him or he doesn't, and I'll tell you what. He's made the wrong choice. No two ways about it. For a player of his experience, he should do better there. He's given the referee a decision to make. That's never a good thing, as we've seen this past weekend. It's an uphill battle after that. He's let his teammates down badly. I'd imagine there's been some stern words in the dressing room as they're lathering up for the shower. Believe you me, that's not a position you want to be in.

They've got an almost impossible task now to qualify for the next round. You never know though. Get a goal early doors and get it up 'em. Give 'em something to think about. Stranger things have happened. Football's a funny old game. It's never over until the fat lady sings.

wedward

I agree. keep it reasonably close (preferably a one+ goal cushion) and we have a good chance of going through. I don't think having the second leg at home is an advantage at all—but we NEED to not lose this tie in the first leg for that to happen.

if we sell him, it should be because he's shit not because he's unfaithful

There is zero reason to sell him. If we buy a striker this summer Giroud is a great option to have on the bench.

As for the game tomorrow. If we give up more than 1 goal I don't think we stand a chance.

Unless we win 3-1, 4-1 etc.

jtb

Banned
There is zero reason to sell him. If we buy a striker this summer Giroud is a great option to have on the bench.

As for the game tomorrow. If we give up more than 1 goal I don't think we stand a chance.

honestly, I'm not concerned about the away goals at all. All of our defensive problems have come when we're chasing games; as long as we don't aggressively chase this game or put ourselves in a position where we have to chase the game in the second leg, we'll be fine. we need to be compact and, most importantly, patient.

Lightning

Banned

That idiot Giroud was shagging at stupid hours on game day. Shows great commitment from a player who has an horrendous conversion rate, blows absolute sitters, and when the club.are going through a tough set of fixtures.

Fuck that bastard. I hate his performances. I want a striker who can score.

wedward

honestly, I'm not concerned about the away goals at all. All of our defensive problems have come when we're chasing games; as long as we don't aggressively chase this game or put ourselves in a position where we have to chase the game in the second leg, we'll be fine. we need to be compact and, most importantly, patient.

We are going to concede. The last time we played a team this good we conceded 3.

I expect we will concede early on from a dumb mistake or a set piece. And Wenger will say they were nervous.

All of our defensive problems come from chasing games? Why are we chasing games? Because we let in easy goals. Happened against Bayern. Liverpool. Napoli. Man United. City.

jtb

Banned
We are going to concede. The last time we played a team this good we conceded 3.

I expect we will concede early on from a dumb mistake or a set piece. And Wenger will say they were nervous.

All of our defensive problems come from chasing games? Why are we chasing games? Because we let in easy goals. Happened against Bayern. Liverpool. Napoli. Man United. City.

a lot of those games were affected by our ridiculous lack of depth. United—no Mertesacker, City—Koscielny goes off, Liverpool—no Flamini. these are all excuses, but they're extenuating circumstances as well. we kept it close against Dortmund in both games and maybe they're not Bayern but they're still a good side.

keep our defensive unit intact and I think we're much less likely to concede a stupid goal. obviously, if Vermaelen plays a single minute, the game plan goes out the window and we should just give up now.

(I am very worried about Ozil and Wilshere in the middle though. that's basically the two laziest defensive players we have playing in the one area we know Pep is going to want to dominate... might get ugly)

Thoughts on episode 2 of Utopia

Becky is becoming a little annoying, Jessica Hyde seems a bit of a twat. Ian was basically a token-character in this episode

I'd like to know what post-effects they use to make the colours pop like that. The way its shot makes Britain look like a weird millennial council-funded experiment

Thank fuck for David Fincher, if i wasn't being remade, I'd have never heard of it :p

edit: Pellegrini's use of Demichelis is tantamount to sabotage. Letting his heart rule his head, the guy is not a good player.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
LOL

Fox is showing a fucking NASCAR practice race instead of any CL games tomorrow.

Please, anyone else buy the CL rights next season.
Fox Sports 2 will have the Bayern match, Fox Soccer Plus will have the Atletico match. Fox Soccer Plus is such a joke though, that shit shouldn't even exist. And I'm lucky to get Fox Sports 2, I'm on a grandfathered package that's cheaper than the current package it's on. I'm surprised they're not putting any of the matches on the Fox Sports Net regional channels.

LOL

Fox is showing a fucking NASCAR practice race instead of any CL games tomorrow.

Please, anyone else buy the CL rights next season.

Right! Have to record the Milan game on Deportes in Spanish, in SD, and starting at 5 o clock because they air it after the Arsenal match. Unbelievable. To make it even better, they make a fox sports 2 that will have the games, but it's not part of the damn sports package argh.

Every week it's RAI because BeIN isn't available. I just want Seedorf in HD..is that too much to ask?
0TDon1Y.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
so tell me how were the games

is it true uefalona made a cameo appearance?
Messi dived on the half way line and somehow the ref gave them a penalty

And a really really harsh red card. Fuck, it was barely even a yellow.

Some say it wasn't even a foul.

Draconian

Fox Sports 2 will have the Bayern match, Fox Soccer Plus will have the Atletico match. Fox Soccer Plus is such a joke though, that shit shouldn't even exist. And I'm lucky to get Fox Sports 2, I'm on a grandfathered package that's cheaper than the current package it's on. I'm surprised they're not putting any of the matches on the Fox Sports Net regional channels.

Pretty much this. I was going to watch the Arsenal/Bayern match anyway, but I'd like to flip over to Atletico/Milan to see what's up. It's hilarious that they're putting it on Fox Soccer Plus though. What else does that channel even show other than SPL games? Sign me up right now!

How much longer does Fox have the rights anyway? It's hilarious the NBC can give us every EPL game, but Fox won't show all the CL games when we're in the knockout stages.

EDIT: Wait a minute guys! FS1 is showing practice from the Nascar truck series for most of the game. I'm glad to see that the CL doesn't get precedence over PRACTICE for the 3RD TIER of Nascar.

Save us NBC.

L1NETT

Thoughts on episode 2 of Utopia

Becky is becoming a little annoying, Jessica Hyde seems a bit of a twat. Ian was basically a token-character in this episode

I'd like to know what post-effects they use to make the colours pop like that. The way its shot makes Britain look like a weird millennial council-funded experiment

Thank fuck for David Fincher, if i wasn't being remade, I'd have never heard of it :p

Episode 3, while heavy on the
Ian Becky romance thingy Jessica moboby
is my favourite of the series bar the opener

Arby steals that show. You will found out why.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom