• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Blue is the Warmest Color was good. came for the sex scenes, left surprised just how much I enjoyed everything else too

hiroshawn

Banned
Bgss5TjIMAEgQNi.jpg

Pretty girl. She's fit.

Where can I get that shirt?

5 mil a year is a pretty good chunk. He won't be getting fired this summer. Unless you fall into relegation territory, he isn't going anywhere. At the earliest I could see him getting fired in January.

Money's really nothing to United, as much debt as they're in, income is about to skyrocket with new sponsorship deals and such in the next season or two.

Moyes won't be sacked, due to some silly ideal of how a "real club" treats their managers, loyalty and stubbornness.

I'm think end of December if things stay the same, he will 'resign'.

Why

Do

People

Keep

Saying

This

Like are there loads of really good managers available in January every year? Would we just get rid of him without there being a good replacement?

subtles

What if the manager you bring get in December wants players different to what Moyes brings in the summer? It'll be interesting to see the repercussions of firing a manager after he is given a significant amount to spend on the squad.

Then again, Moyes may do just fine.
:p

Oh and sohois, I misread your earlier post. Those issues I mentioned in my post were problems we were dealing with both in yesterday's game and in those prior (Away), until Sterling's goal killed the tie. We were a lot more functional and economical from that point on. This is particularly odd because the entire game plan was to deny Southampton the ability to create in the middle while controlling the game ourselves and feeding the forwards. The beauty of the 1-0 wins earlier in the season was that these issues weren't manifesting themselves to this degree. It isn't even a systemic issue, nor a tactical one, it has more to do with the movement vs shape. I'd argue the number of times players were raising their arms complaining about the lack of passing options, the kind we created beautifully last season, further illustrates this point.

I do wonder why the team are misplacing simple passes Away from home. That's an odd one.

I hope Rodgers can find a solution soon, I couldn't hope for a better manager. :)

GHG

Yeh beating Chelsea then Man City will be too much to ask.

Titles over, we need to make sure Spurs don't start creeping up on us.

subtles

Luis Suarez is the only player to assist Raheem Sterling in the Premier League, creating 7/8 of his goals. The other was from a rebound.

He always looks delighted when Raheem scores.

GorillaJu

Yeh beating Chelsea then Man City will be too much to ask.

Titles over, we need to make sure Spurs don't start creeping up on us.

There's a 9 point gap and you'll make it bigger at the NLD. I think the top 4 right now is probably here to stay come end of the season.

Mourinho not wanting to use Lukaku does my fucking nut in. He's class.

Selling him to buy some 28 year old striker sums Mourinho up to a T.

Who said Mou didn't want to use him? He was the one who requested the loan after getting all pissy about missing that Penalty against Bayern from what I read he even requested a transfer which the club denied and agree to loan him out again instead.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is ready to lure Belgian defender Jan Vertonghen from Premier League rivals Tottenham in the summer, according to reports.

The Mail on Sunday claims that Liverpool are keen on the player as they look to bolster their back four with the possibility of Champions League football on the horizon next season.

tom-cruise-crazy-laugh-7026-593634_zps76a41e80.gif

wedward

Spurs really missed their chance to get back into the top 4 this season. Think next season it's going to be even tougher. Really can't see them taking the spot of any of the current teams.

GorillaJu

"Those are always difficult questions," Vertonghen, who signed a four-year deal with the club when he joined, told the Evening Standard.

"What I want is to be playing in the Champions League with Tottenham, so I hope we get in this year.

"Do I have a decision to make if we don't? I can't say anything about that. Let's see after the end of the season, after the World Cup."

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
"Those are always difficult questions," Vertonghen, who signed a four-year deal with the club when he joined, told the Evening Standard.

"What I want is to be playing in the Champions League with Tottenham, so I hope we get in this year.

"Do I have a decision to make if we don't? I can't say anything about that. Let's see after the end of the season, after the World Cup."

I'm laughing at the idea of him joining Liverpool. Not the idea of him leaving, that's the sad reality of finishing 5th. We will never sell a key player to a PL rival again.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Three supporters of Serie A side Torino have been handed jail terms of up to nine years for the attempted murder of a Juventus fan, Italian media has reported.

The sentences were handed down Friday at the end of a trial in which four fans of Torino were charged with attempted murder for the December 2012 attack on a 47-year-old Juventus fan outside Turin's Juventus stadium.

The victim, according to reports from the court, suffered "unprecedented violence" after being surrounded then chased by the group of assailants.

His life was saved in hospital, but despite a number of operations the unnamed victim was left with a "deformed face" and remains in a state of "deep psychological stress".

On Friday two of the assailants, 27-year-old Francesco Rosato and 26-year-old Daniele Tantaro, were handed nine-year sentences while Alessandro Plazio, 25, was jailed for eight years and four months.

A fourth defendant, Domenico Mollica, 31, was acquitted.

what is this

please shutdown Serie A. Ligue 1 is close to us, let's jump ship ffs.

Torino why can't you just accept the fact that you're losers and stay at home?

GorillaJu

Yeah, I like Sakho and he's been good for us but I rate Vertonghen really highly. I think he's one of the better CBs. I mean it won't happen anyway because Spurs won't sell to us like Usho said, but if it were between Sakho and JV I'd take JV.

Feorax

Looks like we were soundly beaten in the end.

Shame.

You were excellent until the second goal went in. Last half hour we managed to take control and see it out.

You were unlucky that Mig pulled off a blinding save at 1-0. That goes in and it's a very different game.

Speaking of Spurs-related CB's, I saw we were linked to Caulker recently. I've not seen much if Cardiff this season, how has he been for them?

Linius

JzRsjYr.png

For shame I can't watch for the most part of the game. I would be okay with a draw, but obviously I want a win. With a draw we will still be at least four points ahead of the number two at least. Twente plays before us so we'll know where we end up before the game starts. It's the best chance for us kicking Feyenoord out of the title race for good this season.

8AxTeMT.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom