• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

cremino

Bgss5TjIMAEgQNi.jpg

Mourinho not wanting to use Lukaku does my fucking nut in. He's class.

Selling him to buy some 28 year old striker sums Mourinho up to a T.

Who says we're buying a 28 year old?

Linked with Diego Costa 24, Cavani 26, and someone else I forget.

I hope Mou doesn't sell him, but I think at this point you'd realise that Mou rarely gets it wrong.

kharma45

5 mil a year is a pretty good chunk. He won't be getting fired this summer. Unless you fall into relegation territory, he isn't going anywhere. At the earliest I could see him getting fired in January.

It's likely performance related too, I doubt we'd pay him that flat for someone of his calibre, although at Everton he got something like £3.3 p/a.

Yen

Who says we're buying a 28 year old?

Linked with Diego Costa 24, Cavani 26, and someone else I forget.

I hope Mou doesn't sell him, but I think at this point you'd realise that Mou rarely gets it wrong.

"The problem at Chelsea is that we are missing a striker. I have one in [Samuel] Eto'o but he is 32, possibly 35, who knows?", Mourinho joked in an interview with the French television station Canal Plus, before adding. "I don't have Falcao but Falcao doesn't have a club. Who wants to play in front of 3,000 supporters? If I was one day to go to Monaco it would be the end."

Falcao is too expensive, we won't buy him and he's probably crocked with his current injury. Monaco won't want to sell. If we got him cheap (not going to happen) then fair enough, but we won't.

And we'll have 3 strikers next season, Torres (most likely), Lukaku (hopefully) and someone else

Mourinho not wanting to use Lukaku does my fucking nut in. He's class.

Selling him to buy some 28 year old striker sums Mourinho up to a T.

Are you reading the dailymal?

Think he will give Lukaku a try, he clearly has no confidence in Torres, Ba or Eto'o really... and Eto'o will be out of contract in the summer anyway. Good timing too with Drogba coming in as a coach in the summer.
plugmoon37dl9.png

Salvadora

5 mil a year is a pretty good chunk. He won't be getting fired this summer. Unless you fall into relegation territory, he isn't going anywhere. At the earliest I could see him getting fired in January.
He won't be getting fired (yet), but when the time comes I can't imagine money will be a factor at all.

£5m p/a isn't much, relatively speaking.

Kyoufu

Are you reading the dailymal?

Think he will give Lukaku a try, he clearly has no confidence in Torres, Ba or Eto'o really... and Eto'o will be out of contract in the summer anyway. Good timing too with Drogba coming in as a coach in the summer.
plugmoon37dl9.png

Can we have Ba back pls.

LegoArmo

Money's really nothing to United, as much debt as they're in, income is about to skyrocket with new sponsorship deals and such in the next season or two.

Moyes won't be sacked, due to some silly ideal of how a "real club" treats their managers, loyalty and stubbornness.

I'm think end of December if things stay the same, he will 'resign'.

Elchele

"The problem at Chelsea is that we are missing a striker. I have one in [Samuel] Eto'o but he is 32, possibly 35, who knows?", Mourinho joked in an interview with the French television station Canal Plus, before adding. "I don't have Falcao but Falcao doesn't have a club. Who wants to play in front of 3,000 supporters? If I was one day to go to Monaco it would be the end."

:lol the Falcao part. what an idiot

faridmon

The board will look at Moyes finishing below Everton and it will be a big negative.

Every little bit helps.

pls I don't remember that. I didn't even want the cunt to start with.

Lool, fair enough!

I remember every Man U fan being happy about him when he left us. In fact, not many people liked my tones about him general. They said I was too damn bitchy about things. As much as I am thankful for whatever he have done, he had his moments of pure insanity and ignorance.

The Remix album by Atlas Genius is so fucking good its not even funny. Why it took me this long to listen to it is a mystery.

I bloody love Atlas Genius!

Salvadora

Lool, fair enough!

I remember every Man U fan being happy about him when he left us. In fact, not many people liked my tones about him general. They said I was too damn bitchy about things. As much as I am thankful for whatever he have done, he had his moments of pure insanity and ignorance.
I've probably asked this before, forgive me if I have, but what were your complaints about him and are we seeing them now?

:lol the Falcao part. what an idiot

Meh, the idiotic part is questioning Eto'o age and the rest of the strikers ability. A bit of silly dumb banter is pretty standard, usually it doesn't end up on the front pages... But that bit was too dumb. It's not like Chelsea needs Torres to be even moodier, he might actually commit seppuku at this rate.

faridmon

I've probably asked this before, forgive me if I have, but what were your complaints about him and are we seeing them now?

Oh, man, I could write and essay for you (and I actually wrote lengthy complaints in the past) but you have to forgive me as I am lazy at the moment, but I could have been called a prophet since those are some of the mistakes he was doing at Everton but on a bigger scale.

In short: He is a bloody great manager, but a bloody horrible coach. He could build a team, have great plan and some of his tactics ahead of time could work perfectly if done properly by the players. He is respected by many because he can be damn nice at dressing room, does not point fingers and can create a team atmosphere... if the condition are right. The thing is, they are rarely right. His management skills and direct problem solving are lacking. Can't read matches in field, have a terrible communication with team and have a bad man-management skills. He tries to be expansive but fail horribly. One of the most annoying thing about his tactics was he used players in wrong positions, and hence destroy their confidence which he further destroy them by not pick them at all. I could recite a whole loads of players that have some ''world-class'' in them and just flat out destroyed by Moyes because of his stubbornness. But again, you could look up all the strikers we had over the last 10 years and ask yourself why haven't they scoring goals in consitent level.

He have his favourites. Always picks them. Whether they are absolute baboons or gods who happen to play football, it doesn't matter. He will pick them week-in-week-out. Shitty players such as Yakubu, Saha, Cahil (later in his career), Heitenga, Phil fucking Neville, Osman, Hibbert amongst others will play every week. Why? Because Moyes likes them. No other reason needed. Mazing players like Rodwell, Duffy (to a certain point), Coleman, Billy, Oviedo, Stonrs, Rooney (that is right, him) amongst others would just rot on the bench. Only come as subs if needed. That is why youths have gone back on their development and others who had potential never reached them because of his myopic tactics.

His plans weren't so great. They were one dimensional. Hoofing the ball and play direct foot all. Sometime he played diffrently (mostly against Man City and Chelsea) but opponents would just come and beat us easily because they know our plan. Rodwell attacked with feriousity against Man United and we beat them 3-1? Back to the reserve. Coleman assisted two goals in his debut against Spurs and we came back from being 2-0 down to almost winning the game? He gets an earful and doesn't play for another 6 months. He was a dinosaur who posses as strong case of Cognitive dissonance and doesn't see that some of our ugly football doesn't even work on teams such as reading and Villa who happen to have a good counter attacking football.

damn, that was longer than I though it would be, and I'll stop there. He was simply a good PR manager who was frustrating but somehow got the media to adore him. I am happy he left us, albeit build us a with a good foundation, but could not take us to the next level.

Marc

Bloody hell, this Ukraine issue is escalating massively now the Russians have got troops over there illegally. Could easily spiral out of control that one, Russia with nukes, and the Ukrainians talking about building them to nuke the Russians.

Potential exodus of those leagues? :-/

Good luck to Sunderland later today, would be amazing if Gus and team could lift the trophy up. With Johnson looking proudly at his winners medal as he for some reason starts running into the crowd. Taking the medal off and swinging it wildly again and again at an old man shouting "CLEVERLEY!! YOU CUNT!!", oh... its Woy.

Probably end up with City scoring 6 though.

What's a good betting app (android) btw guys? I feel like I have too much money and need to throw it away somehow. My plan is to do the opposite bets to hiroshawn and retire.

subtles

The clean sheet today was brilliant. The last time we had a clean sheet was also the last time Suarez scored. It's a shame we don't play next weekend.

Money's really nothing to United, as much debt as they're in, income is about to skyrocket with new sponsorship deals and such in the next season or two.

Moyes won't be sacked, due to some silly ideal of how a "real club" treats their managers, loyalty and stubbornness.

I'm think end of December if things stay the same, he will 'resign'.

With a club as big as Manchester United, you'll lose a lot if you don't get into CL. They can recover, but it's not as easy as you think.

I also don't hate Cleverley as much as Young. Cleverly is shit, but Young, well... seeing him play in person makes me wonder what the fuck is Moyes up to by playing him so much.

Bloody hell, this Ukraine issue is escalating massively now the Russians have got troops over there illegally. Could easily spiral out of control that one, Russia with nukes, and the Ukrainians talking about building them to nuke the Russians.

Lol there is absolutely no way any nuke would be used in this conflict. I have a friend from Ukraine who told me this has been brewing for years and that the majority of people in Crimea would rather belong to Russia than Ukraine anyway. Only way this could blow up was if Russia launched a full scale invasion of Eastern Ukraine which is incredibly unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom