• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

We beat City at home 4 times in a row but away from home that 3-3 a season or two back is about as decent as we've got from them not at the SoL.

bud

bud pls, lahm doesnt even play in the same position
jsEsxkl.png

he doesn't always play as a defensive midfielder.
iQL2bfbIseR4S.png

Nooo, anyone but him.

I sometimes think Conte brought in Padoin just so Juve fans could make a scapegoat out of a mild-mannered, decent squad midfielder and deflect blame from his better players. He's a genius.

Arnie

Yeah, no idea why they didn't put one or two PL games on today. At least we had Juve - Viola and there's Roma - Napoli later. Gonna play FM in a minute as well, might just fucking manage Ingerland.

Rooney was shit but it's hard to make a case for him being left out when he's playing alright for us and he is our best player on ability alone. I'd probably move him out wide for Studge tho.

Lallana - Carrick - Gerrard midfield pls

Carrick can do one; there's only room for one deep lying ping cannon and that's the Capitano Laaa, not Mr fucking Beige. Around Gerrard we need physical runners like Henderson and Wilshere, but given Wilshere's physique has less integrity than a Kinder egg I'd say Lallana has a hope of starting in that. There's a case to be made that Lallana could start ahead of Henderson, but let's not go there.

Sterling has to start. Sturridge has to start. And Rooney should start, but not in the centre.

Blablurn

For his age Pizza is great. He doesnt mind coming from the bench and when he comes, he even scores most of the time. i hope he stays for one more year.

Wilbur

Banned
Just saw this:

Pretty surprising stat.

I love Welbeck. Genuinely love him.

Carrick can do one; there's only room for one deep lying ping cannon and that's the Capitano Laaa, not Mr fucking Beige. Around Gerrard we need physical runners like Henderson and Wilshere, but given Wilshere's physique has less integrity than a Kinder egg I'd say Lallana has a hope of starting in that. There's a case to be made that Lallana could start ahead of Henderson, but let's not go there.

Sterling has to start. Sturridge has to start. And Rooney should start, but not in the centre.

I don't think Gerrard should be playing as the deepest though, and Henderson was guff the other night; don't think he works as well in a system where he has to stick to his guns more defensively than he does under Rodgers, bombing around like a monster.

Carrick hasn't been very good this season, but I think Gerrard would benefit from being able to play a little higher up the pitch because you don't want to neuter his attacking skills.

I don't know, I wouldn't be completely opposed to Gerrard-Lallana-Henderson, think I'd just rather see someone more purely defensive instead of one of those latter two there.

pulga

Banned
ive decided to make my Juve/Madrid dream team

-------------Casillas
Licht - Ramos - Barzagli - Marcelo
------Vidal - Alonso - Modric
-------Bale - Tevez - Ronaldo

hnnnggggggggggg

Arnie

I don't think Gerrard should be playing as the deepest though, and Henderson was guff the other night; don't think he works as well in a system where he has to stick to his guns more defensively than he does under Rodgers, bombing around like a monster.

Carrick hasn't been very good this season, but I think Gerrard would benefit from being able to play a little higher up the pitch because you don't want to neuter his attacking skills.

I don't know, I wouldn't be completely opposed to Gerrard-Lallana-Henderson, think I'd just rather see someone more purely defensive instead of one of those latter two there.

Gerrard doesn't have the legs for it, especially after a season where he's played so many minutes and in an intense competition like the World Cup. Trust me, he just doesn't. The biggest problem England have (that's defo an exaggeration) is that Gerrard is the captain. As a result we'll start him in every game and be hesitant to take him off on 60. I know this because it's the same issue Liverpool face.

There's then an argument to take Carrick as a sort of 'Gerrard-lite' when he's blowing on 65, but I think that's a bit demeaning for Carrick who's by all accounts a top player.

One thing's for sure, though, play Gerrard and Carrick and you'll have a turgid performance as neither of them have the legs to justify being two of a three man midfield.

And from what I saw I agree that Hendo looked a little meek. He needs empowering to chug his way around and blast people. Outside of his little megged throughball to Welbeck he didn't do out.

Wilbur

Banned
Gerrard doesn't have the legs for it, especially after a season where he's played so many minutes and in an intense competition like the World Cup. Trust me, he just doesn't. The biggest problem England have (that's defo an exaggeration) is that Gerrard is the captain. As a result we'll start him in every game and be hesitant to take him off on 60. I know this because it's the same issue Liverpool face.

There's then an argument to take Carrick as a sort of 'Gerrard-lite' when he's blowing on 65, but I think that's a bit demeaning for Carrick who's by all accounts a top player.

One thing's for sure, though, play Gerrard and Carrick and you'll have a turgid performance as neither of them have the legs to justify being two of a three man midfield.

And from what I saw I agree that Hendo looked a little meek. He needs empowering to chug his way around and blast people. Outside of his little megged throughball to Welbeck he didn't do out.

Dunno why we're even debating it, we'll probably just play 4-4-2 with Gerrard and Lampard in the middle and Scholes out wide

Arnie

welp, that was it

see you guys in an hour for Freiburg vs Dortmund

Freiburg pls.

I'll meet you by the 'lol no' stand.

Dunno why we're even debating it, we'll probably just play 4-4-2 with Gerrard and Lampard in the middle and Scholes out wide
If Frank Lampard

a) goes to the World Cup

and

b) sees a minute of action

I'll fucking boycott the entire thing

Luckily it seems the world has cottened on

Wilbur

Banned
I'll meet you by the 'lol no' stand.

If Frank Lampard

a) goes to the World Cup

and

b) sees a minute of action

I'll fucking boycott the entire thing

Luckily it seems the world has cottened on

Oh he'll definitely be going; Woy will want to bring him off the bench in search of a late equaliser when we're 2-1 down to Costa Rica.

pulga

Banned
ill never forgive you lot if england loses to costa rica

the fucking cunts will never shut their yap about it

Yen

Oh he'll definitely be going; Woy will want to bring him off the bench in search of a late equaliser when we're 2-1 down to Costa Rica.
And he'll score off a deflection, allowing him to stay in the England squad for another 4 years.

bud

felcher
During anal sex when cum is released into the ass, the FELCHER is the person who removes the cum, with a straw or not.

The felcher sucked out the cum with a straw.

TGNz0rC.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
gratz juve gaf

thanks!
3AQmK.gif

ive decided to make my Juve/Madrid dream team

-------------Casillas
Licht - Ramos - Barzagli - Marcelo
------Vidal - Alonso - Modric
-------Bale - Tevez - Ronaldo

hnnnggggggggggg

No.

you can't have Alonso above Pirlo, I'm sorry. Or fucking Ramos of all defenders.

Iker is a WC shot stopper, but really average at EVERYTHING else. Corners, freekicks, communication with his defense...you name it!

Wilbur

Banned
thanks!
3AQmK.gif

No.

you can't have Alonso above Pirlo, I'm sorry. Or fucking Ramos of all defenders.

Iker is a WC shot stopper, but really average at EVERYTHING else.

Yeah I feel the same about Casillas, kinda; wouldn't say really average but he's clearly a far better shot stopper than anything else. Can't really organise a defence. I'd have Chiellini and Pepe ahead of Ramos.

Not sure out of Pirlo and Alonso.

Fucking snortbeast cunts.

Please get Man City, please lose 8-0.

please no

I'd even rather ARSENAL won than man city

they must be stopped

pulga

Banned
thanks!
3AQmK.gif

No.

Iker is a WC shot stopper, but really average at EVERYTHING else. Corners, freekicks, communication with his defense...you name it!

yurt pls, Gigi has become way too prone to committing mistakes. Iker.

Alonso vs Pirlo was my hardest decision, but I settled on Alonso because of his work-rate

Ramos is pretty so he gets ahead of Chiello. Gotta sell shirts, baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom