• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
yurt pls, Gigi has become way too prone to committing mistakes. Iker.

Alonso vs Pirlo was my hardest decision, but I settled on Alonso because of his work-rate

Ramos is pretty so he gets ahead of Chiello. Gotta sell shirts, baby.

I'll pick Iker when he learns how to catch a cross.

Xabi Alonso (click on career) v Pirlo (career tab). Look at Pirlo's ridiculous stats with Juve.

fair enough on Chiello :(

I'll pick Iker when he learns how to catch a cross.

Xabi Alonso (click on career) v Pirlo (career tab). Look at Pirlo's ridiculous stats with Juve.

fair enough on Chiello :(

Alonso's better looking tho

Blood Meridian is a strange book. Found it really hard to follow, and just to get a grasp o what McCarthy was going on about for most of the book. The last third has become much easier to understand and fast-paced, on the last chapter now.

Really weird how the kid is like the de facto main character in my mind, when he'sbarely even mentioned in most chapters

pulga

Banned
Alonso's better looking tho

Blood Meridian is a strange book. Found it really hard to follow, and just to get a grasp o what McCarthy was going on about for most of the book. The last third has become much easier to understand and fast-paced, on the last chapter now.

Really weird how the kid is like the de facto main character in my mind, when he'sbarely even mentioned in most chapters

can u pls explain why rafa tried to sell alonso to buy gareth fucking barry pls

Hixx

Will you be going to Wembley again if Sunderland get through?

Probably not for the semi, can't sit on a bus for 16 hours of a day again. I'm quite tall and have a problem with ligaments in both knees so sitting cramped for that long honestly had me close to vomiting, was in agony. Putting money away if we get to the final though, will get on a train.

subtles

I thought you would banish Alonso because his father played for Barcelona.

You are a big man pulga.

Always remember Xabi is a red.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
having Xabi over Pirlo would allow Modric and Vidal to surge forward more often /end

we used to play with Marchisio-Pirlo-Vidal and both Cla and Vidal surged forward.

you know what

fuck your Modric, I want Marchisio.

and fuck your Bale, I want Simone Pepe.

can u pls explain why rafa tried to sell alonso to buy gareth fucking barry pls

Because Xabi had been playing at 76% for a while at the time and Barry was actually very good back then, as well as being hugely versatile which is a quality that Rafa appreciates to a fault. It was a fuck-up on his part as Alonso had been beset with injuries and struggled to get the consistent gametime to flourish (iirc) but he wasn't always as good as he suddenly became in 08/09, which is when he moved up a level.

To give you an idea of Xabi's value at the time, both Arsenal and Juve backed out of £12m deals for him I think.

pulga

Banned
we used to play with Marchisio-Pirlo-Vidal and both Cla and Vidal surged forward.

you know what

fuck your Modric, I want Marchisio.

and fuck your Bale, I want Simone Pepe.

pirlo was alive back then, he's a husk nowadays :(

did i not mention i was talking about current season form lol

pls id take pepe over ronaldo

but dont you fucking touch my magical croatian elf

pulga

Banned
Because Xabi had been playing at 76% for a while at the time and Barry was actually very good back then, as well as being hugely versatile which is a quality that Rafa appreciates to a fault. It was a fuck-up on his part as Alonso had been beset with injuries and struggled to get the consistent gametime to flourish (iirc) but he wasn't always as good as he suddenly became in 08/09, which is when he moved up a level.

To give you an idea of Xabi's value at the time, both Arsenal and Juve backed out of £12m deals for him I think.

Based Florentino <3 swoops in for best-Xabi and evades the Neymar $-sinkhole

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
pls id take pepe over ronaldo

Pepe is basically dead...

iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

to be fair, Poulsen was available.

-_-

Welbeck went from shit to good this year, I'm surprised.

Not to mention Smalling is competent too now, and Januzaj is styling it, plus Shinji was better than Valencia and Young on the wing.

I won't be too sad if RVP leave next season, seeing WE ACTUALLY PLAYED THROUGH THE MIDDLE after he was subbed. It might be for the best even.

Great player, but someone has to go.

Fucking RAI and Bein are both showing Inturd-Torino instead of Hellas-Parma.

Who the fuck wants to watch Inturd instead of the play-off for fifth place? Fuck.

Fergie

Banned
Welbeck went from shit to good this year, I'm surprised.

Not to mention Smalling is competent too now, and Januzaj is styling it, plus Shinji was better than Valencia and Young on the wing.

I won't be too sad if RVP leave next season, seeing WE ACTUALLY PLAYED THROUGH THE MIDDLE after he was subbed. It might be for the best even.

Great player, but someone has to go.
Don't even know why the team did that after RVP went off, can't they do that when he's on as well?

Moyes pls.

bud

rvp's the best footballer in united's squad. if there's anyone you can play through the middle with, it's rvp.

Wilbur

Banned
I think we looked better when RVP went off because he's uninterested a tad, not because he can't play through the middle.

Arnie

I think we looked better when RVP went off because he's uninterested a tad, not because he can't play through the middle.

It doesn't matter how good a player is, if his heart isn't in it and he's frustrated as fuck with the situation they aren't worth playing.

Could've happened with Suarez but fortunately he realised Arsenal are ultimately a step down and put his football before his feelings.

Wilbur

Banned
It doesn't matter how good a player is, if his heart isn't in it and he's frustrated as fuck with the situation they aren't worth playing.

Could've happened with Suarez but fortunately he realised Arsenal are ultimately a step down and put his football before his feelings.

It's a bit difficult right now because we have Olympiakos and Liverpool coming up, but I wouldn't have been averse to starting Welbeck instead otherwise.

pulga

Banned

iKkAltPpcFhj9.gif

Salvadora

Arnie

It's a bit difficult right now because we have Olympiakos and Liverpool coming up, but I wouldn't have been averse to starting Welbeck instead otherwise.

I know that cunt will score against us.

'orrible little twat with freakishly gangly hands

MAD COMMENT ALERT: Quite enjoy watching Sunderland play, their shape is conducive to good football and a decent attacking tempo. They remind me of a Serie A team.

Hull aren't terrible to watch, either.

Wilbur

Banned

MAD COMMENT ALERT: Quite enjoy watching Sunderland play, their shape is conducive to good football and a decent attacking tempo. They remind me of a Serie A team.

Because Steve Bruce is the most tactically astute English manager around. Loves his 3-5-2. He's like Conte with an aubergine for a nose.

Elchele

you have no standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom