• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.
wtzgU.gif

bud

martinez is doing a splendid job. it's incredibly short sighted to look at some results and say he's caused them to regress.

i'm impressed that he's been able to instill a new, pleasant playing style in such a short time.

they're everton.

Marc

Negredo, what happened man?

Toure off as well?

Wow... weiiiiird subs. Most importantly, Demichelis stays on. Yay!

Wilbur

Banned
martinez is doing a splendid job. it's incredibly short sighted to look at some results and say he's caused them to regress.

i'm impressed that he's been able to instill a new, pleasant playing style in such a short time.

they're everton.

Not listening to you, you're the ultimate aesthete.

faridmon

Again, how have you progressed? You've gone backwards in terms of table position and semi final appearances.

So if you've progressed by a) adding a few more tanned spaniards, b) playing football more cultured that still doesn't win you anything and c) your manager isn't ginger anymore, well done if you class that as an achievement. Good mentality.

To talk a bit more seriously than acting straight douche towards your douchness;

We have changed our system completely. When Martinez talked about played a different football which revolved around passing and maintaining possession, I thought 10th would be a great place. Our players are dinosaurs who have been tamed by Moyes with super ugly football of hoofing and physicality. Yes, the start of the season gave me hope of finishing around 5th or 6th, but the fact is everyone at Everton and his dog knew that this was a transitional year. Even Baines and Jagielka have been sub-par players, when our most

We haven't spend a lot of money, cut our wage expenditure by 30%, Pulled a profitable financial year for the first time in 7 years and have upped our full development in youth football (Got the semi-final in both Under 21 and under 17 team) and changed the philosophy of our club mentality. Youngsters such as Stones, Robles, (Alcaraz to a certain degree) and Barkeley managed to get full experiences without being overburden (meaning they can be as shit as possible and Martinez will just encourage them to keep playing). Outset our old dinosaurs such as Osman and Hibbert, while absorbing experiences from the likes of Being Barry and Jagielka. around 6th and 7th is just a topping on our cake. Why, we have no striker, no attacking midfielder and rely on full backs to create chances. We don't have the fundamentals to even compete in the league, never mind competing with the likes of Spurs and Man United who spend shed load of money. On top of that, the players are just being told, just enjoy your football, nothing else.

None of above could and did not happen with Moyes, and if that doesn't scream to your ''progress' nothing will and I'll just ignore your idiotic ramblings as white noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom