• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Moc

Banned
Quoting it again so it doesn't get lost during Man City's comeback. I hate to repeat myself.

Everton have improved since last season, but the top few clubs have improved even more, so the table does look worse. I don;t think you can judge too much on where they get in cup competitions. A lot of random elements come into play when it'a all down to one match, rather than 38.

Meier

How is there not a foul there? This ref is a nut. Aguero gets shoved over clearly.

And then he was onside there to boot.

Elchele

Again, how have you progressed? You've gone backwards in terms of table position and semi final appearances.

So if you've progressed by a) adding a few more tanned spaniards, b) playing football more cultured that still doesn't win you anything and c) your manager isn't ginger anymore, well done if you class that as an achievement. Good mentality.

you couldn't be more EPL.

Wilbur

Banned
To talk a bit more seriously than acting straight douche towards your douchness;

Not sure what this means.

We have changed our system completely. When Martinez talked about played a different football which revolved around passing and maintaining possession, I thought 10th would be a great place. Our players are dinosaurs who have been tamed by Moyes with super ugly football of hoofing and physicality.

"Super ugly football" that got you fourth and fifth, above Liverpool consistently.

Yes, the start of the season gave me hope of finishing around 5th or 6th, but the fact is everyone at Everton and his dog knew that this was a transitional year. Even Baines and Jagielka have been sub-par players, when our most

Moyes had these two playing well.

We haven't spend a lot of money,

16m on McCarthy, 6m on Kone, 5m on McGeady, money on Alcaraz and Robles, however much you're paying Chelsea and City and Barca.

Pulled a profitable financial year for the first time in 7 years

And this is Martinez's doing?

Youngsters such as Stones, Robles, (Alcaraz to a certain degree) and Barkeley

Alcaraz is 31.

Why, we have no striker

Lukaku, Naismith, Kone and Jelavic are all strikers. You sold one, one was injured for ages.

no attacking midfielder

Deulofeu, Barkley, Osman, Pienaar, Naismith, Mirallas, McGeady.

Moyes will probably try buying Fortune
dPrJaGc.png

faridmon

Everton have improved since last season, but the top few clubs have improved even more, so the table does look worse. I don;t think you can judge too much on where they get in cup competitions. A lot of random elements come into play when it'a all down to one match, rather than 38.

I agree. However, I am talking about our inherit improvement, because lets face it, unless we improve on things we can't look and compete with other teams, but you are right, we need to inject a bit of money before things turn out to be outright positive. To be fair, that cup game just showed us the gulf between us and Arsenal and hopefully we learn from it.

Moyes legacy can't be killed off in one season.

TeddyBoy

Quoting it again so it doesn't get lost during Man City's comeback. I hate to repeat myself.

Everton have done brilliantly this year compared to the expenditure of Spurs and United who are around them (even done well compared to Southampton who also spent a fair bit in the summer). However I think it's in your interest to avoid the Europa League, you have a good starting 11 and a couple good subs (Deulofeu and Oviedo), but that's about as far as it goes. Your squad doesn't have enough depth to manage both the league and a european run and you'd slide right down the table like everyone seems to do when playing in the Europa League.

Next year will hold quite a few challenges mind, Lukaku, Barry, Traore and Deulofeu will all finish their loans and not all are set to stay at Everton. Up front will be your biggest issue, with only one striker properly on the books right now (and it being Naismith as well), you'll have a bit of a challenge putting your squad back together.

Marc

Jesus, City are creating chances every 20 seconds now. Insane.

C'mon Wigan, probably need City to win although a draw would be perfect.

faridmon

Not sure what this means.

"Super ugly football" that got you fourth and fifth, above Liverpool consistently.

Moyes had these two playing well.

16m on McCarthy, 6m on Kone, 5m on McGeady, money on Alcaraz and Robles, however much you're paying Chelsea and City and Barca.

And this is Martinez's doing?

Alcaraz is 31.

Lukaku, Naismith, Kone and Jelavic are all strikers. You sold one, one was injured for ages.

Deulofeu, Barkley, Osman, Pienaar, Naismith, Mirallas, McGeady.

I repeat in a better context, we don't have a clear and mature Attacking midfielder neither a reliable striker. MCgeady, Pianaar, mirallas and Naismith are used wingers (most of the time) and Lukaku isn't reliable. Apart from Macarthy, we haven't really spend a lot (and that was due Whealan taxing us for taking Martinez)
and yes, our financial progress is all due to Martinez.
and Martinez won't and can't play ugly football.

Not sure what your point is.

Arnie

I repeat in a better context, we don't have a clear and mature Attacking midfielder neither a reliable striker. MCgeady, Pianaar, mirallas and Naismith are used wingers (most of the time) and Lukaku isn't reliable. Apart from Macarthy, we haven't really spend a lot (and that was due Whealan taxing us for taking Martinez)
and yes, our financial progress is all due to Martinez.
and Martinez won't and can't play ugly football.

Not sure what your point is.
How is your financial situation all down to Martinez?

And you've spent a fair bit of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom