• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibbz

This game

11+compilations+of+11+comment+reposts+of+11+content+reposts+_4fb6b2de4898d1c65e1eff41a8d1cca9.jpg

faridmon

Everton have done brilliantly this year compared to the expenditure of Spurs and United who are around them (even done well compared to Southampton who also spent a fair bit in the summer). However I think it's in your interest to avoid the Europa League, you have a good starting 11 and a couple good subs (Deulofeu and Oviedo), but that's about as far as it goes. Your squad doesn't have enough depth to manage both the league and a european run and you'd slide right down the table like everyone seems to do when playing in the Europa League.

Next year will hold quite a few challenges mind, Lukaku, Barry, Traore and Deulofeu will all finish their loans and not all are set to stay at Everton. Up front will be your biggest issue, with only one striker properly on the books right now (and it being Naismith as well), you'll have a bit of a challenge putting your squad back together.

Yeah. As much as I want Europe, we just can't handle it (I don't think we can also handle the CL football, but the money is tempting)
I think Martinez is aware of our situation on our striking option and how difficult it will be during summer to acquire suitable strikers that suit the play style as well score goals. I believe this summer will tell us much about Martinez and our potential goal for next season. Not to mention that we cannot compete financially with the likes of Liverpool, Spurs and Man United. Its gonna be difficult, but hope fully we pull something out of this summer.

faridmon

My stream is dying faster than the quadruple dream.

I think the word quadruple is a curse. The more manager say that, the more they will flop.

That is why Bayern won so many things last season, they accepted their failure and didn't put pressure on themselves.

Arnie

We used to spend a lot of money on wages when Moyes was here.

Comparably, no we haven't!
Martinez has been here a year, unless all of your squad signed new, reduced contracts when he arrived, how is this not down to Moyes?

I don't believe the turnover in players has been large enough to be the main contributing factor in this economic turnaround.

More likely is the great work done by David Moyes is finally paying dividends, albeit just after he's left.

Do you know how exactly you've managed to profit?

Marc

What an amazing result!

Holy crap, Arsenal's to lose now, no excuses for Wenger.

Amazing, gotta love football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom