• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
honestly, I would have loved to face City in the semi. I'm still skeptical of this team's ability to beat top sides and a win would go a long way towards proving a point and exorcising any mental blocks this team has. but I guess we'll get to see those big games in a couple weeks in the league.

Barzul

honestly, I would have loved to face City in the semi. I'm still skeptical of this team's ability to beat top sides and a win would go a long way towards proving a point. but I guess we'll get to see those big games in a couple weeks in the league.
I just want us to win something so people can stopping using that since Arsenal last won a trophy argument to judge our team. Is the Wigan game at home or away?

faridmon

Martinez has been here a year, unless all of your squad signed new, reduced contracts when he arrived, how is this not down to Moyes?

I don't believe the turnover in players has been large enough to be the main contributing factor in this economic turnaround.

More likely is the great work done by David Moyes is finally paying dividends, albeit just after he's left.

Do you know how exactly you've managed to profit?

We got rid of Heitinga, Fellaini, Jelavic and Phil Neville who were the ones who were on a very high wages. Moyes had a leg in this, but we also reduced the cost in Academy, got rid of few dead bodies in the management and overall pulled a great deal of income during the last 6 month or so.

Heitinga alone saved us around 2m as his contract was running until summer and the fact that we got 14 million for Anachiebie and Jelavic was mind blowing. Moyes was in it, but the majority of work was done during Martinez' stay.

Honest question, do you think we would have a profitable year if Moyes was here?

Salvadora

honestly, I would have loved to face City in the semi. I'm still skeptical of this team's ability to beat top sides and a win would go a long way towards proving a point and exorcising any mental blocks this team has. but I guess we'll get to see those big games in a couple weeks in the league.
In fairness, we've beaten Liverpool, Spurs and Everton on our way to this point.

Not 'big' teams, sure, but we haven't had an easy ride to where we've come.

LTWheels

aG2aO7Al.jpg

jtb

Banned
In fairness, we've beaten Liverpool, Spurs and Everton on our way to this point.

Not 'big' teams, sure, but we haven't had an easy ride to where we've come.

true. on one hand, Liverpool are apparently good now so I guess we can beat good sides. on the other hand, all those fixtures were at home. I'd like to believe we can play well enough at home to get a win against City in the league though. (goes without saying that we really really need it)

jtb

Banned
city have three games in hand? bound to drop some points in there with all the fixture congestion, I imagine. or hope.

more hope than imagine, I think.

Bumhead

Banned
How much did you lose?

Hah, I know better than to bet on the Cup. I've actually won just under £300 from the last 2 Saturdays.

Was relying on City to dick United though if The Blades got that far. Don't trust anyone else to do it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Actually she is the slightly more attractive one. I get more fun than trying to slight troll girls on tinder than anything else.

ooh

so she took a picture with a slightly less attractive girl to look more attractive!
3AQmK.gif
/TheSimpsons

TrueBlue

city have three games in hand? bound to drop some points in there with all the fixture congestion, I imagine. or hope.

more hope than imagine, I think.

They've still got to play United, Arsenal and Liverpool away, so I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility for them to drop points. On the other hand, assuming they do indeed go out of the CL this week, then they can have all hands to the pump for the league.

Barzul

Still we don't get to go Wembley often so
She wore,
She wore,
She wore a yellow ribbon,
She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May,
And when,
I asked,
Oh why she wore that ribbon,
She said its for the Arsenal and we're going to Wembley,
Wembley,
Wembley,
We're the famous Arsenal and we're going Wembley

Arnie

Still we don't get to go Wembley often so
She wore,
She wore,
She wore a yellow ribbon,
She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May,
And when,
I asked,
Oh why she wore that ribbon,
She said its for the Arsenal and we're going to Wembley,
Wembley,
Wembley,
We're the famous Arsenal and we're going Wembley

It's really funny when Arsenal fans type songs into their keyboard because in real life, and you'll have to trust me on this, they don't actually sing them at matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom