• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

14986a38-151c-41cb-b0f6-83963e2e2238.jpg

hahaha

Jarnet87

Time is truly a flat circle in Manchester. Disregard midfield, spend money on a big name striker, then complain about needing to strengthen the midfield. Cavani would be a nightmare signing.

2.5 hours until TITTYFALLS

YEAH ROY

Played it for a bit last night. One or two of the maps are really shit.

edit: although it's hard to judge them properly until you've played all the game modes and you have a better understanding of how to traverse them

Mucking about with .exe's.

Yeah.

Tbh I don't know anyone that's got banned on Origin. Anti-cheat system was probably the only thing to be concerned about. I reckon if they were going to do anything they would have been more explicit, and it's not like they were going to encourage people to do it.

subtles

Carbon please.

I loved the finale.

I also deeply respect you for liking POI.

I'm saying the overrated thread was predictable and uncalled for.

GorillaJu

People who do not like True Detective deserve our pity, not our scorn.

God damn, that finale.

(not so serious spoilers)
I admit my eyes watered at the very end when the two characters are talking to each other.

It was bittersweet and pitch-perfect.

I figured BayernGAF probably knows more than I am, so, where was Hoeneß getting all that money from? I mean, that's just a huge amount and it's hard to believe he earned all of that as Bayern manager and with his factory.

What are the chances that some of the stuff is actually related to Bayern and Hoeneß, knowing that he's fucked anyway, took the blame for Bayern's shady business to keep his FC Bayern?

Blablurn

I figured BayernGAF probably knows more than I am, so, where was Hoeneß getting all that money from? I mean, that's just a huge amount and it's hard to believe he earned all of that as Bayern manager and with his factory.

What are the chances that some of the stuff is actually related to Bayern and Hoeneß, knowing that he's fucked anyway, took the blame for Bayern's shady business to keep his FC Bayern?

now we're getting into metal gear-esque conspiracy territory lol

Jack cw

I didn't know Bayern were undefeated in the league. Guess they gonna run the table then.

Undefeated for 42 game in a row now. And all games won in 2014. I guess we are even better than last year. Bundesliga is already decided but Pep has its rules: If a player doesnt run for his life and doesnt performs as if his life depends on it, he is out of the starting eleven in the next game.
He had to loan the money and took some credit. He earns around 1 million a year at Bayern, but the lions share of his money comes from his saussage factory, deals with other companies. He also got money from friends too (several millions loaned). In the end he basically gambled and evaded the capital tax for the profits he made (yet he mostly did losses).
Zero, because all the transactions are documented and he and his consultants carefully seperated between Bayern and his private property. FC Bayern has a board with several heads for the branches and one head for all transactions. Honess could never bypassed any kind of money through that channel. Thats why this affair came up so late, because he did it with his private property and a leak at the revenue office.

Blablurn

Undefeated for 42 game in a row now. And all games won in 2014. I guess we are even better than last year. Bundesliga is already decided but Pep has its rules: If a player doesnt run for his life and doesnt performs as if his life depends on it, he is out of the starting eleven in the next game.

Yeah, I saw that too. Barca-GAF. Was it the same back then when he coach you? I only remember seeing the same starters most of the time. But I could be wrong.

now we're getting into metal gear-esque conspiracy territory lol

Recent numbers of his sausage factory say the factory makes €55m a year in sales. Let's be extremely generously (and completely unrealistic) and say that's €2m a year Hoeneß can take from the factory. Over 30 years, that's "just" €60m and that number is actually a lot less when you consider growth and other stuff.

So, ~€500m in his Swiss bank account. Let's say €440m without the factory. In 33 years as Bayern manager, he'd need to earn €13,3m a year as Bayern manager to cover the Swiss money.

Sure, there are commercial deals, the rest of his money from his player career, etc. but he also has money/houses/cars in Germany.

So really, where was the money coming from? I don't see it.

Jack cw

Yeah, I saw that too. Barca-GAF. Was it the same back then when he coach you? I only remember seeing the same starters most of the time. But I could be wrong.

I dont remember Barcas bench so strong. The only positions switching were wingers and CF switching because of Peps shitty scouting.

Wilbur

Banned

Thing is Barca had a very obvious best team and none of the depth Bayern have in midfield. They had Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets. Cesc came a season or two later.

Jack cw

1. Credits
2. Bribe (Favouring adidas when Nike made a way better offer for sposoring)
3. Rich friends loaning him money
4. Profits he made before gambling like crazy
5. Interest rates
6. We dont know what other deals took place many years ago, so his own property could have been way higher than we know.

In the end its pretty plausible.

Elchele

Recent numbers of his sausage factory say the factory makes €55m a year in sales. Let's be extremely generously (and completely unrealistic) and say that's €2m a year Hoeneß can take from the factory. Over 30 years, that's "just" €60m and that number is actually a lot less when you consider growth and other stuff.

So, ~€500m in his Swiss bank account. Let's say €440m without the factory. In 33 years as Bayern manager, he'd need to earn €13,3m a year as Bayern manager to cover the Swiss money.

Sure, there are commercial deals, the rest of his money from his player career, etc. but he also has money/houses/cars in Germany.

All the board members look kind of rich, it's obvious they are taking a lot of money from their Bayern job. Do we even know how much is their salary? I'm sure they have a big pay check + bonuses.

Can rich people go to jail in Germany tho? Seems like they need some ol' american freedom over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom