• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

comment_HzlLIt4rPPBcGloTs3I0IcQuGMPc2D8k.gif

hnnnnnng
Dat Gol.

Moyes pls.

Elchele

"BREAKING" Starting in 2015 the Bundesliga will distribute revenue from its international deals (tv and others) equally to all the clubs.

So 1st place and last place will get the same amount of money.

Elchele

Yeah, just read it on their official site. It's not a lot of money though. €45m in total per season instead of €27m for the league. Laughable. EPL makes more money in one or two countries than Bundesliga gets for their entire international rights.

well yeah, I think they just recently managed to get an international contract for the TV rights. Bundesliga is just starting to get spotlight outside of Germany, mostly thanks to Bayern and Dortmund reaching the CL finale, and now Guardiola with all the media attention he gets

It doesn't help that the Bundesliga is in german :p leagues in spanish or english are much more easy to market

Elchele

Yeah, but €100-150m international revenue for the entire league in 2016/2017 is laughable.

Well, it's their first international contract. It will get better with time, you can't expect them to reach EPL or La Liga levels of international revenue after lagging behind for like a decade

Wilbur

Banned
The Evening Standard has a little piece about the talent of PL managers in comparison to their playing ability. First is Mourinho, no footballing history but top of the league. Second is Rodgers who was in Reading reserves. Wenger third, who played for Strasbourg a dozen times over three years.

Their five a side manager team is: Hughton, Bruce, Magath, Poyet, Hughes. And Ole as substitute.

Nice little fluff piece.

"BREAKING" Starting in 2015 the Bundesliga will distribute revenue from its international deals (tv and others) equally to all the clubs.

So 1st place and last place will get the same amount of money.

Not a lot of money (dat EPL marketability), but the absolute right way to go about things, same as with PL. German football getting another tick.

Clegg

Exam revision?

Cheers Farid :)
Any way you can return the Laptop?
Not really. Have two weeks off, then I'm back for 5 weeks and then have another two weeks off before the exams start.

I suppose I'm supposed to study all the stuff I've done since thew start of the new semester.

faridmon

Cheers Farid :)
Any way you can return the Laptop?

Bought it 1.5 year ago. Looking to upgrade the ram and use SSD to improve it, but I really don't know how ultrabook works as opposed to normal laptops. I hear that it isn't flexible when it comes to upgrading it, but I would really love it to make it perform better.

:(

K1LLER7

Not really. Have two weeks off, then I'm back for 5 weeks and then have another two weeks off before the exams start.

I suppose I'm supposed to study all the stuff I've done since thew start of the new semester.
True. I really need to start revising soon too. Finish Seminars and lectures in around 3 weeks. Then a month off before exams.

Bought it 1.5 year ago. Looking to upgrade the ram and use SSD to improve it, but I really don't know how ultrabook works as opposed to normal laptops. I hear that it isn't flexible when it comes to upgrading it, but I would really love it to make it perform better.

Can't help with computers. Kharma and Co. may know of ways.

Clegg

True. I really need to start revising soon too. Finish Seminars and lectures in around 3 weeks. Then a month off before exams.

Can't help with computers. Kharma and Co. may know of ways.
I'm taking a few days off from studying right now. Had five essays due over the last few weeks and I'm a bit drained from that. Will start up on Wednesday. Got a bit of studying done over the course of the semester so I haven't loads to do.

Wes

venison crêpe
Was the big issue with Man City's performance against Wigan due to the fact that Pellegrini looked like he was selling one?

Paraphrased from Football Weekly.

Zabojnik

One of the most underrated players in Europe, I swear. He would wreck shit in the PL. Juve better invest in a top LWB when Pogba goes and move Asamoah into CM.

Conte pls. Between Berardi's signing and the Cuadrado rumors, I hope that this is in fact Conte's plan for next season. If he wants to mix it up with 3-5-2 in Serie A from time to time, that's fine with me. But we need a more daring approach for Europe. There is merit in what Conte keeps saying about the 3-5-2, that it is an even more attack-minded formation than 4-3-3. It can be, in theory. The problem is that whenever you're going against a team that relies on (quality) wingers, the two external midfielders (in our case Asa & Licht) inevitabely turn into defenders and barely even get to cross the midfield line.

bjaelke

Was the big issue with Man City's performance against Wigan due to the fact that Pellegrini looked like he was selling one?

Paraphrased from Football Weekly.

Their pre-match celebration of the Capital One Cup victory and Garcia's wife coming onto the pitch probably didn't help.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
THE Football League have announced the three-man shortlist for the Young Player of the Year award, with the winner to be announced on Sunday 16th March 2014 at The Football League Awards 2014, taking place at The Brewery, London.

This nominees for this year's award are Derby County midfielder Will Hughes, Leicester City defender Liam Moore and midfielder Alex Pritchard, who is on loan at Swindon Town from Tottenham Hotspur.

Pritchard is an exciting young player, I hope we keep him around for pre-season at least.

L1NETT

"I don't think you want to hear about the tottenham hotspurs"

Well at least he got that right. But yeah, I can't take such large quantities of none stop Garnett even if I really liked 1up yours.

Fair enough. Can see why, but I like the dude. Would prefer there was someone else there, but I still find him perfectly engaging.

And so little filler unlike *ahem Bombcast *ahem

Put in a bid and watch as Liverpool get priced out of the market?

From an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport in 2009:

Asamoah said:
Which managers did I admire most when I was growing up? I always loved watching the old tapes of Sacchi's Milan, and of course Alex Ferguson's treble winning team was a great inspiration for me. Most of all though I admired Brendan Rodgers. Chelsea's youths were incredible back then, and I made it my goal to play for him one day.

This thread slowed up, everyone playing Titanfall?

No, didn't like the beta. No football going on though, some playing titanfall and Yogurt out there's not much to talk about.

Fair enough. Can see why, but I like the dude. Would prefer there was someone else there, but I still find him perfectly engaging.

And so little filler unlike *ahem Bombcast *ahem

Well I love the filler, get it not being to everyones liking but it's half the appeal of the bombcast to me. But yes, if I had to listen to this, there would need to be someone else there too... Just don't like 1 man podcasts much, unless it's Dan Carlin.

Hitch pls

Let me dream.

Will be very interesting if we come third or higher, wonder how much money FSG will make available. We're already cutting it fine with FFP, and the CL entrance money doesn't go that far at this level, especially when FSG might be thinking about using a proportion of it to get the club breaking even to adhere to future FFP investigations

Clegg

Let me dream.

Will be very interesting if we come third or higher, wonder how much money FSG will make available. We're already cutting it fine with FFP, and the CL entrance money doesn't go that far at this level, especially when FSG might be thinking about using a proportion of it to get the club breaking even to adhere to future FFP investigations
You'll get a bit of an income boost and will become more attractive to players. The problem will be trying to attract them now. You'll be competing for the players really big teams want too and a lot of the time you'll miss out. City learned that lesson the hard way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom