• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splatt

That's precisely what I'm
not
saying.

You're good people

VyCYGQ8.gif

Clegg

United U21 win 3-0 after a James Wilson second half hat trick. With lots of our players going to the WC he could be a possible addition to United's preseason tour. He's doing great for the underage sides atm.

Pretty sure if Robben had scored before halftime the floodgates would've been opened.

Arsenal were already on the offensive in the first 15 or so minutes, 0-1 wouldn't have changed all that much, I think that match had 1-2 or something written on it the way it was going before that pass to Robben. Any 10 man team versus Bayern will not score and will concede more than once, their offense is too good to be shut down by parking the bus.

Splatt

Still I think they would have managed to score at least once if they had 11 players

Nah, their spirits dwindled already because of Ghost Ozil missing a pen. and mental fortitude of Arsenal players is non-existent.

As El Idiota said, if Robben scored, Arsenal would have gotten crushed.

Just rewatch their game against Liverpool where an early goal set em up for a 5:1 loss.

Salvadora

Chelsea already did it. Scored with Torres on the pitch, so that counts as 10 men, right?
I suppose it does, yes.

But it will become more delightful with Mourinho at the helm.

(only in Europe against non-English sides, fuck him otherwise).
Nah, their spirits dwindled already because of Ghost Ozil missing a pen. and mental fortitude of Arsenal players is non-existent.

Just rewatch their game against Liverpool where an early goal set em up for a 5:1 loss.
Utter rubbish.

wedward

For every example of a time where Arsenal fell apart after an early goal there is an example of them coming back and winning after an early goal.

Stop acting like every game is the same.

Splatt

Utter rubbish.

Why?

It's a plausible scenario.

The only player who can lift their spirits is Ramsey and he's been out for 2 months.

For every example of a time where Arsenal fell apart after an early goal there is an example of them coming back and winning after an early goal.

Stop acting like every game is the same.

In recent years, I don't remember them coming back after conceding a goal against strong opponents.

United U21 win 3-0 after a James Wilson second half hat trick. With lots of our players going to the WC he could be a possible addition to United's preseason tour. He's doing great for the underage sides atm.

He's the most talented of all the youth players right now. He's almost complete. He only really needs to add headers to his game. He has speed, technique, can dribble, workrate, and can finish with both feet. He just needs a little luck to avoid injury or it could ruin his development.

Pearson: Needs to take a bigger attacking role. He's doing good recycling possession and breaking up attacks, but needs to express himself more for me to be excited about him.

Pereira: Because his passing (when attacking) leaves a lot to be desired, he only really affects games when he scores a long range shot. He needs to work on hurting the defense with his passing.

Clegg

He's the most talented of all the youth players right now. He's almost complete. He only really needs to add headers to his game. He has speed, technique, can dribble, workrate, and can finish with both feet. He just needs a little luck to avoid injury or it could ruin his development.
Are there any other players with a chance of making it? Wilson dedinitely seems the closest.

wedward

Why?

The only player who can lift their spirits is Ramsey and he's been out for 2 months.

In recent years, I don't remember them coming back after conceding a goal against strong opponents.

They did it against the best team in the world at the time.

And how do you know Ramsey is the only player who can life their spirits?

Are there any other players with a chance of making it? Wilson dedinitely seems the closest.

A lot of players can make it, but it's useless speculating because they can just as easily not make it. Wilson is the closest to being a cert like Januzaj and Pogba. The rest will need another year or two before deciding on their worth to United.

Salvadora

Why?

Because like wedward said, there are lots of demonstrations of this Arsenal's mental fortitude. You cherry picked one result to colour the entire team.

And undoubtedly this Arsenal "would've got crushed if Robben scored" narrative is based on extrapolating typical Bundesliga results.

Splatt

And how do you know Ramsey is the only player who can life their spirits?

It's an assumption based on this season results and overall play of the team whenever he is in the starting eleven.

Because like wedward said, there are lots of demonstrations of this Arsenal's mental fortitude. You cherry picked one result to colour the entire team.

And undoubtedly this Arsenal "would've got crushed if Robben scored" narrative is based on extrapolating typical Bundesliga results.

I may be wrong, of course, but I'm just not really convinced of Arsenal managing to turn the tides in their favor if Bayern had taken an early lead...

Clegg

A lot of players can make it, but it's useless speculating because they can just as easily not make it. Wilson is the closest to being a cert like Januzaj and Pogba. The rest will need another year or two before deciding on their worth to United.
It would be fantastic if he made it at United.

We need more academy graduates good enough to play for the club.

It would be fantastic if he made it at United.

We need more academy graduates good enough to play for the club.

If there is anyone that will make it from the current group it's him. He can produce moments of magic (unlike Macheda) like the gifs below. He's also excellent with the ball at his feet (unlike Macheda).

ibhPCpYeJr66hm.gif

i4wUutpv7w1bo.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnBhBMj6XHk

Wilbur

Banned
bob dylan or dylan thomas?

or the greatest dylan of them all, dylan mckay?

Dylan Sprouse.

Bob - question is 'Analyse the picture of America that emerges from Dylan’s lyrics'; segueing my way from Love and Theft and John Wesley Harding's storytelling into the Civil Rights 60s stuff now.

Arnie

"you won't get out the group" the Arsenal goons belch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRrt5FeZWME

Five years ago. Babel started. Dossena and Spearing came off the bench.

Crucially the Anfield crowd beat Real that night. It made us play at twice the speed. You'd think the Arsenal fans would know all about that after the 20 minutes of thunder they just experienced at Anfield.

More importantly we've gained more points at this stage of the season than that team did, because this team is just as good.

Suarez and Sturridge and Coutinho and Isco and Sterling.

It's going to be red murder.

K1LLER7

Looking forward to seeing United v Liverpool.

Been playing much better in the PL since the Palace game and when neither Young nor Valencia start. More of a passing game.

----------- De Gea ------------
Rafa - Vidic - Jones - Evra
------ Carrick - Fellani --------
Mata - Rooney - Kagawa/Adnan
------------- RVP --------------

Pls Moyes.

Wilbur

Banned
Looking forward to seeing United v Liverpool.

Been playing much better in the PL since the Palace game and when neither Young nor Valencia start. More of a passing game.

----------- De Gea ------------
Rafa - Vidic - Jones - Evra
------ Carrick - Fellani --------
Mata - Rooney - Kagawa/Adnan
------------- RVP --------------

Pls Moyes.

Vidic up against any of Liverpool's front three fills me with dread unless we defend horrifically deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom