• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

God I'm so tired. Gonna have to have a little nap when I'm home before the footy.

Just got fucking blasted off the pitch in 5 a side. By muppets.

Having some tacos and watching Thor 2. Before attempting to teach tomorrow. The spiritual desolation of getting thronked by idiots who shut their eyes when they kick the ball will show in my eyes.

Wilbur

Banned
Powell sacked and replaced with some no name yes man.

Well fucking done charlton

And another to the list of clueless owners

Bah. Terrible decision. At this stage of the season, with the three games in hand... awful.

Just got fucking blasted off the pitch in 5 a side. By muppets.

Having some tacos and watching Thor 2. Before attempting to teach tomorrow. The spiritual desolation of getting thronked by idiots who shut their eyes when they kick the ball will show in my eyes.

Is Thor 2 a cathartic enough experience for you? Natalie or Kat?

Fuck that Dennings bird is one of the most annoying women in the world.

Salazar

Simon Thomas @SimonThomasSky
Powell was offered a new contract last week. Signed it. Was returned by Roland Duchâtelet unsigned with the message you're sacked. #CAFC

Keano would have found this Roland bloke and made him eat the contract on all fours in front of his children.

#upsidestoKeano

subtles

That's not very nice.

It's painful to think of the ego and self indulgence that possessed him.

I sometimes wonder how certain brains are wired.

Zabojnik

You're not a twat. Game reviews mean precious little.

It shouldn't, as I well know why people say that, but it still annoys me when they do. Might have something with the fact that I used to be a semi-professional reviewer and had the privilege to work with a guy who's basically the Roger Ebert + Douglas Adams of game reviewers. Someone you could actually call a gaming journalist without laughing out loud. Too bad only a few ten thousand people ever got to enjoy his amazing writing, since he's from my neck of the woods. The shit that passes for reviews on big english gaming sites is frankly offensive, when compared to what I got to enjoy over the years. 'Tis just how it is, I guess. Fucking language barriers.

Salazar

Matt Spiro ‏@mattspiro 2h
In less sordid news, Remy says he can still get much better. 'I'll play for one of Europe's big five. Or a very big club at least' (FF)

arf

Let me file that with Hatem Ben Arfa's ballon d'or

Salazar

Remember the days when you actually purchased a physical magazine and read the reviews and trusted every word that was written?

Transfer windows before my house had internet, man.

Granted, the actual quantity of reliable information hasn't risen at all - but the silence was deafening.

I never bought game magazines. Just stood in the newsagents and read em. I did buy the official Manchester United propaganda rag, though. Memory tells me it was basically Giggs fanfics.

subtles

Yeah but Pulis is Welsh and lived in Stoke on Trent for a few years.

Manuel is Latin and #class. What's he doing?

Spending too much time having a chip butty with Micah.

Undergoing an emotional crisis.

He's trying to rediscover the meaning of life.

Expanding his horizons.

K1LLER7

Call me a twat, but I don't trust 90% of reviewers to have a fucking clue about the nuances that make the Souls games so good, and therefore to judge DS2 reliably
Reviews don't matter for me. Its all personal opinion. For example, some people like Monster Hunter. Some hate it.

This morning has a woman on who has married her dog.

Id2dTHb.jpg

TeddyBoy

If your looking for tears, have Bayern be beaten 3-0 by Arsenal. BayernGAF would explode in hatred and Jupp would probably get banned,
it still won't happen though.

Extremely harsh treatment to Powell, Charlton just want to get back into the Premier League but I don't think it's doable. Championship is just too competitive and plenty of teams just spend their way to the top with money Charlton don't have.

sohois

Does anyone here watch Charlton or know how they are doing? (note that I'm not saying I do) A brief glance at Powell's record suggest 2 impressive seasons before it basically fell apart this season, despite a number of January transfers after this new owner came in.

It's certainly not uncommon for managers to be sacked in such situations, despite the short-termism. And the owner may have always wanted to bring in his own men to manage anyway.

Does anyone here watch Charlton or know how they are doing? (note that I'm not saying I do) A brief glance at Powell's record suggest 2 impressive seasons before it basically fell apart this season, despite a number of January transfers after this new owner came in.

It's certainly not uncommon for managers to be sacked in such situations, despite the short-termism. And the owner may have always wanted to bring in his own men to manage anyway.
I watch them every week and I can assure you his sacking is a complete and utter disgrace.

Classic Jorge Mendes: The day Madrid and United's interest become concrete in William Carvalho he takes over as his agent.

Daniel Storey ‏@danielstorey85 17m

First real rumours of Carvalho to Manchester United came in October 2013. Carvalho signed with Jorge Mendes in.... October 2013.

ReRixo

Banned
but it's boring when you give up

"why do you watch football if you don't BELIEVE" - sonogo

i might place a bet on city to beat barca and go through hmmmmm

LegoArmo

City could very well beat Barcelona and go through. There's 100x more chance of that happening than Arsenal getting the result they want. Still unlikely though.

TeddyBoy

If you're looking for tears, let's hope all EPL teams crash out.

Nah, there are more Barca fans to cry for Neymar than City fans on here. United fans don't care/have lost hope/want Moyes to be sacked. Arsenal have themselves to blame for Ozil missing the penalty plus they can smell the FA Cup and Chelsea just seem to drag themselves through it all (mostly by Hazard).

GorillaJu

Barcelona have had some real shit performances lately. If City catch them on a bad day there's nothing to stop them from going through.

City could very well beat Barcelona and go through. There's 100x more chance of that happening than Arsenal getting the result they want. Still unlikely though.
Even a poorish Barca are too good for City IMO.

Our league just isn't very strong right now. Barca aren't what they were a couple of years ago but their team is still ace compared to ours. They'll win comfortably.

GorillaJu

Even a poorish Barca are too good for City IMO.

Our league just isn't very strong right now. Barca aren't what they were a couple of years ago but their team is still ace compared to ours. They'll win comfortably.

I think you're underestimating City's chances a bit, but we'll see what happens. I think City could surprise us. But I'd give Barca a 75% chance of going through.

Carbonox

Matt Spiro ‏@mattspiro 2h
In less sordid news, Remy says he can still get much better. 'I'll play for one of Europe's big five. Or a very big club at least' (FF)

arf

Let me file that with Hatem Ben Arfa's ballon d'or

Remy's good enough to play for a decent-to-good Champion's League team but the guy's delirious.

He's going to Arsenal in the Summer in that case. We sure as shit won't be able to persuade him to stay as much as I'd like him to.

I think you're underestimating City's chances a bit, but we'll see what happens. I think City could surprise us. But I'd give Barca a 75% chance of going through.
There have been only 6 occasions in the 50 year history of the European Cup where a team who has lost the first leg at home have gone through.

City are 0-2 down going to the Camp Nou. It could happen, yeah - but it would be incredible if it did. I'd say it's closer to 95%.

City is definitely a dangerous team that could beat Barca. Remember what happened in Munich when Bayern got careless?
Not saying they can't win. Just don't think they'll get through. Have to win by two clear goals. Just don't see it happening myself.

Barca will not be complacent. Yes they are not playing well right now but they still have so much quality in their team and all the experience too. And they're at home.

Well at least we've overcome the "agent" issue nice and early on this.

Now - do we really want to pay £28m for someone who's only had one good season in Portugal...

EXTREME caution with Sporting players. it's easy to look decent when you only play once a week.

until they have a full season in european competition i'll rate them all very low. look at Montero, was supposed to be the new goal scoring machine and now he's barely seen on the pitch.

LegoArmo

Not saying they can't win. Just don't think they'll get through. Have to win by two clear goals. Just don't see it happening myself.

Barca will not be complacent. Yes they are not playing well right now but they still have so much quality in their team and all the experience too. And they're at home.

Demichelis won't be playing this time, so City will keep a clean sheet, blessing in disguise.

Jarnet87

Moyes will copy Fergie like he's tried to do in every previous way and refuse to pay agents asking fees, thus we'll lose the player because Mendes will convince Carvalho Madrid or whoever else will pay his fee is the better landing spot.

Edit: It all makes sense now. What we paid for Bebe was the downpayment for Carvalho.

If by some miracle Arsenal do enough to advance Guardiola should be fired. A 13 year old who plays FM or FIFA could win the Bundesliga withBayern this season. With the Bundesliga being childs play the expectations must be to do well in the Champions League.

I hope this actually circulates, verbatim, as a club memo come the window.

Shades of Marcus Aurelius - what use crying over part of life when the whole of it calls for tears. You sly dog.

As intended. Club need to take some risk with potential. It's the only way we'll get good players without the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom