• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Don't forget defenders spazzing out

Sure but at 1-0 we're well in the game, last season in the equivalent fixtures we came from behind to win 3-1 and draw 2-2 respectively. We weren't given a fair chance to get back into the games.

Carbonox

Bj9aaRD.png

Cometh the hour, cometh Lord Pardew.

he is newcastle's reckoning

of course

Clegg

Arsenal are worse in the transfer market than United.

They'll go for the big targets and end up with Papiss Cisse. Don't think they'll go for a midfielder this summer either. At least not one who'll go for £28m.

wedward

They'll go for the big targets and end up with Papiss Cisse. Don't think they'll go for a midfielder this summer either. At least not one who'll go for £28m.

We will definitely try to replace Arteta this summer. Tried to last summer.

Clegg

Sure you may want to do that. But not on an unproven 22 year old and esp not for the reported fee. In fact I can't see any team going for Carvalho at that price.

Arsenal are always after a midfielder.

I think we'll bid 40.2m for Suarez this summer. It'll be accepted and everyone will be happy :p

In all seriousness, I think we will try and go for Suarez again, maybe Benzema/Remy/Morata. I can see Benzema coming, actually.

Which striker are Arsenal lining up for the summer?

Hopefully Balotelli.

No, we wanted a DM to go along with Arteta, and opted for Flamini because Bender became unobtainable (waited too long, Leverkusen already sold 2 big players), Luis Gustavo picked Wolfsburg, and there wasn't much time left.

As much as I like Flamini, I'd let him go and keep Arteta in the squad.

We won't pay £29m for Carvalho though, obviously. I'd actually be surprised if United did. There are alot of DMs in the world, you could probably get Schneiderlin for under £20m.

Clegg

Because of the length/silly pricing*, or something else?

*I preordered it today.
That's a pisser but I've done the same as you.

More nanomachines I assume.
No, but I wouldn't be completely surprised if nanomachines showed up.

Gruesome death of a child, perhaps?
It certainly appears that theres gruesome stuff going on in this game. If what I've read is true then Kojima has actually kept his promises for once.

Scum

But Cleff, is it "Aw, man. Witness the depravity of humanity during war." controversy or "Ruh oh. I need to shock 'em. Quick! Here's something gruesome to watch." controversy?

L1NETT

Yeah Batman is cool I guess. Destiny sounds interesting, but all we've seen of it is a standard FPS with pretty skyboxes.

Give me fucking Age of Mythology on Steam now. Or a new Advance Wars. Then i'll be happy.

Oh and Halo 2 Anni. But 343 will fuck it up somehow.

wedward

Hopefully Balotelli.

No, we wanted a DM to go along with Arteta, and opted for Flamini because Bender became unobtainable (waited too long, Leverkusen already sold 2 big players), Luis Gustavo picked Wolfsburg, and there wasn't much time left.

As much as I like Flamini, I'd let him go and keep Arteta in the squad.

We won't pay £29m for Carvalho though, obviously. I'd actually be surprised if United did. There are alot of DMs in the world, you could probably get Schneiderlin for under £20m.

No, we wanted a DM to play alongside Ramsey. Arteta is used as a make-shift DM when played next to Ramsey or Wilshere and it doesn't work.

Ramsey is in our best 11 next to a new DM. Arteta isn't.

Carbonox

Yeah this year is a bit shitty but then I guess here is what I'll buy for certain this year:

InFamous Second Son
Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD
Watch Dogs
Final Fantasy XIV
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix
Destiny
The Evil Within
Batman Arkham Knight
FIFA 15
Assassin's Creed 5489584958946
Alien Isolation

Will no doubt be more shit once we get through E3 and whatnot.

Not that bad actually but then half of these are within the next 3 months and the rest are in the latter months of the year. Summer will be a drought in more ways than one.

Uh.. Kojima was serious when he said GZ would be controversial.

innit

fuck

I just listened to some of the stuff and it's mental.

GQman2121

Banned
So far Batman is the only current gen game on the schedule for 2014 that is screaming must play to me. Second Son looks good, but I'm not exactly a fan of the series. And who knows when MGS V and Pro Evo will appear. A GTA V port would be interesting though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom