• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Article on Powell's sacking in the Guardian inevitably focuses on his race and quotas instead of what seems like a perfectly good manager losing his job.

Congrats, L1NETT!

I downloaded Grindr the other day to show my mate what it was (he hadn't heard of it or Tinder), and we found the guy upstairs from his flat who is married with two kids. Whoops.

King_Moc

Banned
Article on Powell's sacking in the Guardian inevitably focuses on his race and quotas instead of what seems like a perfectly good manager losing his job.

Congrats, L1NETT!

I saw Sol Campbell being interviewed about it on the news. Disappointingly for them, he didn't kick off about racism.

I mean, seriously, what the fuck does he have to do with it?

bud

Popped home for the evening and absolutely ruined the toilet. Just heard my sister go in there and scream.

if the one video i've seen of your poop and this post are anything to go by, then you must shit diarrhea every time you go to the toilet.

please improve your diet.

WJD

if the one video i've seen of your poop and this post are anything to go by, then you must shit diarrhea every time you go to the toilet.

please improve your diet.

That video was an anomaly. Normally my shits are nice and robust.

Zabojnik

Juve-gaf have to stop trying to offload Vucinic on everyone. Personally I'm glad that with Spalletti gone that we won't be linked with a bunch of overrated, bottom of the barrel Serie A players non-stop anymore.

I don't disagree with your opinion Sviat, but you really, really need to learn your place. You're a fan of FC Zenit Saint Petersburg. Think about it for a moment. Seriously, do.

I don't disagree with your opinion Sviat, but you really, really need to learn your place. You're a fan of FC Zenit Saint Petersburg. Think about it for a moment. Seriously, do.

Tangible European silverware won in the last decade:
Zenit-2
Juventus 0

Times relegated in the last decade:
Zenit- 0
Juventus - 1

UEFA team ranking:
Zenit - 20th
Juventus - 24th

????

Zabo pls.

Just been reading back through the thread. Much laughs to be had. Mainly at delusional arsenal fans. Wasn't there an arsenal fan that claimed robbed dived for the penalty three weeks ago :looool

Also guys shut the fuck up about true detective I still have the final two episodes to watch -_-

Hey, my account JUST got approved. I've been reading this thread for a loooong time now, and it feels so good to finally get to post.

Anyway, Herr K, AC Milan fan. We got trashed.

Welcome, comrade. Forza Milan.

We got trashed though? I didn't know we played today. Although I did see a game involving some lazy shits wearing gold shirts who looked like they have never ran before.

arkon

Welcome, comrade. Forza Milan.

We got trashed though? I didn't know we played today. Although I did see a game involving some lazy shits wearing gold shirts who looked like they have never ran before.

That was the Milan game, mate. They lost by 4 goals to 1 ( 5 on aggregate).

MPW

Zenit-2
Juventus 0

Zenit- 0
Juventus - 1

UEFA team ranking:
Zenit - 20th
Juventus - 24th

????

Zabo pls.

tumblr_l7tt232s7a1qbipv3o1_500.gif

Draconian

What a pathetic match. Bayern didn't impress me in either leg against Arsenal. Robben was awful today with his ridiculous diving. Referee got distracted by how ridiculous it was that he forgot to book him. Bayern pass way too much instead of shooting in the final third. You'd think Pep would've learned about this by now after our tie a couple of years ago, but apparently not. I still think Real Madrid have the best chance of winning this.

Bumhead

Banned
Not convinced by a lot of the "hype" surrounding Powell's sacking.

Think he's getting a lot of support on the basis that he's a nice guy.

Did well to get Charlton up out of League One, but he was backed to do that and they've been poor in The Championship since. They're one of the poorest and most dour/cynical sides I've seen at this level.

Weird time to make the change, though. I imagine new owners will be banking on a new mans honeymoon period to get them through a tough run of fixtures. On a personal level I don't think Powell can have too many complaints though.

Messi

Zenit-2
Juventas 0

Zenit- 0
Juventas - 1

UEFA team ranking:
Zenit - 20th
Juventas - 24th

????

Zabo pls.

Yurt is spinning in his grave right now. I hope you are happy.

Scum

Diego Costa, Balotelli, Remy. Basically anyone not Giroud, he's just not good against big teams. Can't exert himself on a game.
You'll want Giroud to stay after he gets a hattrick against us on Sunday when we lose 5-2 and Ade gets sent off...

...then he'll go missing again.

hiroshawn

Banned
[QGIROUD cDraxler, 1594] you want?[/QUOTE]
Well Campbell will be on out preseason tour. LOic Remy, Campbell , giroud, Draxler and sanogo is a great strikeforcestrike force.

GorillaJu

Wilbz, regarding True D

Don't you think Se7en followed a pretty similar trajectory? I dunno my friend was also complaining about the last episode but I thought it was great. It's hard for me to explain why, though, I suppose it was just the right amount of all elements for me.

You guys are right that the second group of episodes doesn't have the slow, brooding pace, but they're set in 2012 and they do a good job emphasizing the passage of time (except for Rust who is stuck in his own little flat circle). The world is a different place and most everyone in the cult is gone and dead.

lol

Come on. UEFA supercup as tangible silverware? That's like Moyes' boys crowing about winning the Community Shield.

Tangible: perceptible by touch.

Manchester+United+v+Zenit+St+Petersburg+UEFA+Hjgt4cW3bTDl.jpg

???

Edit: btw, speaking of Moyes. The year we won the UEFA cup, the only reason we even made it out of the group stage was thanks to Moyes' Everton winning a meaningless away game for them on the last matchday. #BasedMoyes

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbz, regarding True D

Don't you think Se7en followed a pretty similar trajectory? I dunno my friend was also complaining about the last episode but I thought it was great. It's hard for me to explain why, though, I suppose it was just the right amount of all elements for me.

You guys are right that the second group of episodes doesn't have the slow, brooding pace, but they're set in 2012 and they do a good job emphasizing the passage of time (except for Rust who is stuck in his own little flat circle). The world is a different place and most everyone in the cult is gone and dead.

I really enjoyed it, it just didn't hit the heights of the previous episodes. Another hour or two would have been nice, in all honesty.

GorillaJu

There have been tons of instances where a player should have been red carded in the first 5-10 minutes of a PL game but the refs don't want to ruin the spectacle so they let it slide. Seen Chelsea get away with it on more than one occasion and they know exactly what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom