• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue

So Football-GAF, what's the best/most memorable football match you've watched that didn't involve your team?

For me, it would probably be the CL Final 2005. While I'll always believe we were robbed in the semis, I can not deny the greatness of the final. For me, it really typified everything I love about football. No it wasn't the best match ever, at least in terms of quality, but I don't think I'll ever forget it. The Man City last minute league winner comes close too.

TeddyBoy

Neil Ashton thinks Sturridge will never be loved at Liverpool.

Words fail me...

But we already love Sturridge? :S

Daily Fail at it again I suppose.

Would be awesome to see Falcao at the WC I hope his doctor can work magic.

I'm not so sure, he's a great player that should be at the World Cup, but shouldn't be rushed back for it, it'll mean he's more likely to get injured again which no one wants to see.

So Football-GAF, what's the best/most memorable football match you've watched that didn't involve your team?

Off the top of my head, I'd say City when they won the title two season ago against QPR, I only starting watching once QPR went ahead. It was a really tense game, my flatmates were diehard United fans and they wanted to stick it to me and my liverpool loving flatmates faces how they won the title and we were on relegation form. The last minute winner will livelong in my mind.

Another one which I'll remember is Arsenal vs Bradford... Gervinho!

For me, it would probably be the CL Final 2005. While I'll always believe we were robbed in the semis, I can not deny the greatness of the final. For me, it really typified everything I love about football. No it wasn't the best match ever, at least in terms of quality, but I don't think I'll ever forget it. The Man City last minute league winner comes close too.

The United/Bayern 1999 Champions league final.

The first match that came to my head was 2001 UEFA Cup Final, Livepool 5 - Alaves - 4.

Zabojnik

I never killed that. I know there's a way to cheese it but fuck the frame rate whenever he breathes fire.

I just figured it out, loooool. He's DEAD. If you wait by the left or right wall, he'll eventually come down from the keep. You can slash him in the leg two or three times and then run like hell back to the stairs and below. Repeat x 10, done.

How are you liking the game Zabo?

It's fucking brilliant. Frustrating, but brilliant.

Did you stand there shooting arrows at it's tail?

Zabo pls.

I'm sorry, should I feel bad for being INTELLIGENT? It's just dangling there, you can shoot it from below and that's exactly what I did. You can't kill the dragon that way though. Believe me, I tried, loooool. 400 arrows, no use. Looks like he's regenerating by sitting on the keep, dunno.

Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid. I hate both teams but that was an utter destruction by the best team in the world at the time. Jesus, it was hilarious seeing Barca's players just knock it around Madrid's players so easily, like it was in training or something.

CL final in 2005 was also great fun to watch for the lols.

subtles

Barcelona's 5-0 drubbing of Madrid for me. It was, imho, football at it's finest. I remember being amazed at how every loose ball was picked up by a Barcelona player who then proceeded to pass it around Madrid with relentless purpose.

dc89

You know that's bullshit. I don't doubt he accepts bribes, I just doubt that was one. Now the Hoeneß thing, *that* is suspicious.

I know what you mean, I can understand that. Hoeneß and Rummenigge are hypocrites (and potentially criminals), they shouldn't judge other clubs. I respect that attitude.

I know and respect what you're trying to say. I disagree to some extent though, but that's okay, to each their own.

Eugh. Not like this, Daniel.

Of course it's suspect. He goes to Qatar and comes back with like £80,000 worth of watches.

And yeah, each to their own.

If City officials ever got caught doing anything underhand, I'd expect and reselect the same consequences.

subtles

Remember when Wenger's teams used to kick the shit out of you. :lol

Even Bergkamp had a go every now and then.

When did he get obsessed with the smaller, technical types.

Feorax

If he keeps it up, of course he will. And his Michael Owen example was bizarre. He forced us to sell him for a fraction of his value, said he wouldn't win trophies with us, then join Man Utd.

Typical daily fail article, just exists to stir up hate.

He's getting the same chant we used for Fowler and Dalglish, I can't see how we could give him higher praise.

The irony of the article is we've been championing Studge as the best english striker since not long after he joined, whereas the englishmedia are only just coming round to the fact that he should be played upfront instead of that fucking potato.

He's getting the same chant we used for Fowler and Dalglish, I can't see how we could give him higher praise.

The irony of the article is we've been championing Studge as the best english striker since not long after he joined, whereas the englishmedia are only just coming round to the fact that he should be played upfront instead of that fucking potato.
It's a daily mail article, chill.

TrueBlue

I'm happy for Sturridge, never got the rub of the green when he was with us. Brendan has done wonders with his mindset and general play.

Could use him now though :/

Hixx

My copy of Dark Souls 2 came this morning but it's too hot up here to set up my PS3 and play it.

Too hot.

In March! What is going on!?!

Into

The CL games between Manure and Real Mandrill, back when fat Ronaldo played. That game at Old Trafford is one of the best games ive ever seen, and ive watched football since 92.

Ronaldo got a hattrick and was applauded by Manure fans in their own stadium

I also really enjoyed the Chelsea - Barca games, not entertaining in the classic sense, but the amount of drama was off the charts, Barca would usually get the better of them most of the time, but it represents a nice physical vs. technique battle in football.

In general i think Real Madrid is the most entertaining team to follow, even when they are bad like the Zidanes and Pavons era, they are still entertaining as hell to witness. I will admit Moyes Boys United are reaching that "lol" level that Real is master at when they are shite (which they arent now obviously)

Clegg

Spain/Italy in the European Championship final was pretty memorable.

Very dominant victory even if it was Spain at their most boring.

Wilbur

Banned
Ones people have mentioned:

Barcelona 5-0 Madrid
CL final 2005

And then:

Chelsea 3-5 arsenal a few years ago when AVB was there - I was just laughing at the defending the entire time, it was absolutely hilarious

Italy 2-0 Germany in the WC 2006 semi final. Wonderful, wonderful game.

bud

bayern right now are too predictable and too easy to defend. all they do is pass it sideways, and robben and ribery do not possess messi's qualities which becomes even more apparent when the spaces become so small since they're playing on the opponent's half so often.

javi is a flop, and boateng and dante are too slow to cope with proper counter attacks.

chelsea can easily beat them.

bayern deserved to win, but i haven't been as impressed with them as i thought i would be. even without the red card, bayern might've still beaten arsenal, but i genuinely believe that the gap between the two right now isn't really that big.

bud

that classico is the golden standard by which all other teams and performances must be judged. i have never seen anything as perfectly beautiful as that.

pep, i cry to you.

Blablurn

bayern right now are too predictable and too easy to defend. all they do is pass it sideways, and robben and ribery do not possess messi's qualities which becomes even more apparent when the spaces become so small since they're playing on the opponent's half so often.

javi is a flop, and boateng and dante are too slow to cope with proper counter attacks.

bayern deserved to win, but i haven't been as impressed with them as i thought i would be. even without the red card, bayern might've still beaten arsenal, but i genuinely believe that the gap between the two right now isn't really that big.

wrong ^^

Scum

Barca 5-0 was glorious but I loved the Euro 2004 match between Czech Republic v Holland too. Dat comeback. Dat Nedved.

<3 bud.

Javi is indeed dead. He'll probably be gone soon enough.

Enrique Cerezo saying they want to try and buy Courtois and if they can't, loan him again for another season... Which seems unlikely unless he signs a new long contract with Chelsea before that. Hope he goes back to Chelsea, Cech has proven a liability too many times now and it would be a good time to get him on goal.

We can't even beat Galatasaray.

Won't need to. Dat 0-0 at home.

qindarka

Banned
Enrique Cerezo saying they want to try and buy Courtois and if they can't, loan him again for another season... Which seems unlikely unless he signs a new long contract with Chelsea before that. Hope he goes back to Chelsea, Cech has proven a liability too many times now and it would be a good time to get him on goal.

I thought that a 4th successive loan to the same team wasn't allowed.

I think Cech has been alright this season, granted the defence hasn't been giving him a lot to do recently. Might have to seriously think about installing Courtois as no.1 though, while we still have control over the situation. Still feels bad just to discard a legend.

Won't need to. Dat 0-0 at home.

Feel really bad about that tie for some reason. Really should have killed them off in Turkey I think we might have cause to regret it.

Can't actually muster that much enthusiasm for the CL at the moment, I don't think we have a real chance. Our midfield is going to get us killed if we come across an elite team.

Feorax

I think Cech has been alright this season, granted the defence hasn't been giving him a lot to do recently. Might have to seriously think about installing Courtois as no.1 though, while we still have control over the situation. Still feels bad just to discard a legend.

I agree, but I suspect Courtois make take offence to that. As we well know, his attitude has been quite shitty recently when it comes to competition for places, and I doubt he'll be happy about Cech getting another season.

Barca 5-0 was glorious but I loved the Euro 2004 match between Czech Republic v Holland too. Dat comeback. Dat Nedved.

<3 bud.

Javi is indeed dead. He'll probably be gone soon enough.
Glad someone mentioned that. One of the best international games I've seen. Up there with the Germany vs Italy that Wilbur mentioned.

Hoping for a great WC this year.

Tc91

My copy of Dark Souls 2 came this morning but it's too hot up here to set up my PS3 and play it.

Too hot.

In March! What is going on!?!

Where did you order it from?

I want to play it but I think it would be better holding off for the pc version.

Yen

I just blue myself at some guy I walked past who was wearing cut-offs. The Irish are so dignified in the warm weather.

Hixx

Where did you order it from?

I want to play it but I think it would be better holding off for the pc version.

GameSeek.

I think I will complete it on PS3, sell it and buy the PC version when it comes out coz even after 90 mins the framerate and graphics make me want to cry more than the difficulty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom