• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

city will win

i know it

man utd will also win 5-2 against olympiakos if they play kagawa

Honestly, I think we would have had a chance in both games with Nastasic but Lescott against Barca's pressing? Nightmare fuel. Can see him giving away a goal quite easily.

Into

City is so winning tonight, but they wont go through

Eventually their strikers will have a good night and have half their chances go in, which has not been the case in the last few games.

Dzeko is a such a weird player, position wise he is world class, no joke, he is always at the right spot, it is not a coincidence that he has 3-5 major chances every game he is on, yet other strikers like Negredo do not, his passing is also pretty decent for a striker. But his finishing is gash. Its down right embarrassing at times.

You know Dzeko is going to have 2-3 mega chances against Barca tonight, whether he converts however...

In his Wolfsburg days, he did not have that problem, he converted far more often. It seems like a mental problem with him.

2-1 City

Blablurn

BiiVM_eCcAA06fV.jpg

but but robben is a diver

Jack cw

but but robben is a diver

Wenger pls.
All three tackles against Robben were penalties without a doubt, but in this scene, he just fell, well... too late and obvious. I like Müller and Robben going into this situations and force penalties. But man, we are so bad in shooting them.

FootballFan

Bla, it was a dive. Embrace it.

Pls don't be like so many serie a and Portuguese league fans who post angled pictures of nonexistent fouls with zoomed in circles. It's the worst.

Tc91

Tutorial area is ugly as sin and rarely, if ever, 30+ fps.

I've gone through the hub now and out into the first field and it's better. It's still a fairly ugly game but not horrible looking and the frame rate, bar some drops in areas you wouldn't expect, has gotten better but still not good. It's better than Dark Souls' console version in both aspects though.

The game itself though... it's a Souls game :D

People were moaning about the lighting but for me the lighting is the game's only real visual strong point, so... idk.

Minor spoilers, I wouldn't even say they were spoilers but I know how sensitive some souls are:
I'm like 2 hours in and haven't fought a boss yet. Like, there's not even a tutorial one either unless I managed to skip it.

Why you do this?

Now I want it :( Reaper of Souls is out in 2 weeks as well, already got that pre ordered. Have to lend my mum £150 or something so I can't get Dark Souls until the end of the month. Dan pls.

As much as I don't like City, I'm really hoping they go through tonight.

Barcelona and La Lolga's dominance has to be brought to an end. An embarrassing and hilarious end.

Plus it always seems like whenever I see Barcelona go down a goal or two, they start acting like children on a playground. Babies.

rvy

Banned
I had a dream with Pizza con salsiccia yesterday. I made a funny joke about his username, but I don't remember what it was.

Herr K

Banned
The only positive thing I get from Milan not playing in Europe next season (because let's face it, it's not happening), is that they'll focus completely on Serie A, which could probably mean another Scudetto.

:lol Arsenal GAF fighting for the last drop of relevance in this thread after choking in almost every competition again.

Eh, most of the people don't even support Arsenal though (and a few who don't even support any English teams). I hope for any other English clubs (than Chelsea of course) to crash out of the CL as much as anyone, but that kinds of posts are insufferable, then when called out on pure unadulterated bullshit you resolve to "lol arsenal supporters".

The worst part about Bayern GAF (with the exception of a few to be fair) is you can't even argue with most of it, like with Elsk the reading comprehension seems around what a peanut would have. You never actually get any counter points just random Bayern statements.

Addicted to Maverick Bird. Hindering my work output.

What's your high score? I haven't played in a while, but now I feel like it.

FootballFan

The only positive thing I get from Milan not playing in Europe next season (because let's face it, it's not happening), is that they'll focus completely on Serie A, which could probably mean another Scudetto.

Juve have that league wrapped up. For at least another season.

Jack cw

It's just Biscuits holding his hands to his face, pretty much like Martinez yesterday. The Barca DNA in bayern. ;)

Yeah, I hate it. He does that in every fucking game. Thiago as well. He is the first who runs to the refereee and asks for a yellow. As much as I like my Bayern, those cunt moves arent neccessary.

Elchele

The whole team looked very nervous yesterday, like 11/12 CL finale nervous. I think that played a huge role in why players like Javi tried to take every foul they could

And Lahm was pure shit as RB, fuck him.

Blablurn

btw.. its okay if you mock bayern as a whole but i saw a couple of posts already where people slam just on jupp. especially when its in a discussion with me. not fair. especially when he is not online at the same point.

arkon

btw.. its okay if you mock bayern as a whole but i saw a couple of posts already where people slam just on jupp. especially when its in a discussion with me. not fair. especially when he is not online at the same point.

Life isn't fair.

It's a forum. Those posts will still be there when he comes online, if he chooses to address them.

You're the not the boss of me.

Jack cw

The whole team looked very nervous yesterday, like 11/12 CL finale nervous. I think that played a huge role in why players like Javi tried to take every foul they could

And Lahm was pure shit as RB, fuck him.

Haha, I dont think they were nervous, because from the first minute on it was clear that Arsenal wasnt going to be any threat. It was more like arrogance in front of the goal. Mandzukic trying to artistically carry the ball inside the goal, instead of shooting, Robben not shooting, but crossing and Müller shooting the penalty down to the middle. We werent as effective as the last couple of weeks, mostly because Götze isnt as dangerous as Müller. And yes, Rafinha is superior to Lahm on the wing.

jtb

Banned
Haha, I dont think they were nervous, because from the first minute on it was clear that Arsenal wasnt going to be any threat. It was more like arrogance in front of the goal. Mandzukic trying to artistically carry the ball inside the goal, instead of shooting, Robben not shooting, but crossing and Müller shooting the penalty down to the middle. We werent as effective as the last couple of weeks, mostly because Götze isnt as dangerous as Müller. And yes, Rafinha is superior to Lahm on the wing.

I think both teams went into the game with a game plan of "don't concede." neither team really committed a lot of players forward. hard to really fault either Pep or Wenger for their game plan (even if, as a fan, I would have liked to see Wenger at least try to go for it), just a shame it ended up giving us a really boring game.

He worked at Chelsea for Mourinho
nzmp8vD.png

So did Arnesen and look what came out of that.

Funnily enough he also went on to mess up HSV even further after that lol, there's rumors that cunt is coming to Copenhagen now after he left his Ukranian club after only a few months.

Jack cw

I think both teams went into the game with a game plan of "don't concede." neither team really committed a lot of players forward. hard to really fault either Pep or Wenger for their game plan (even if, as a fan, I would have liked to see Wenger at least try to go for it), just a shame it ended up giving us a really boring game.

True, but Arsenal could have tried. It doesnt matter if you get knocked out 1-1 because of away goals or 0-4. The result is the same. I was expecting a fight from Arsenal and going for an early goal, but Bayern was well prepared and their goal was to avoid this. Afterwards it was only Bayern making the game and wanted to win. This is CL. If you want to win this, there is no place for a 4-4 to please some entertainment fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom