• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Into

So how about those British players?

Bad day for english players, Hart was the best performer today, that should speak volumes. If United fail to overcome Olympiakos it will be becuase of the English players most likely

Not that italian players are doing much better anyway.

Honestly City are a long way from winning this thing. Too easy for Barca.

Like all the other English clubs lately, just haven't got the ability or know-how.

Save us Mou. BPL needs you.

Moobabe

Bad day for english players, Hart was the best performer today, that should speak volumes. If United fail to overcome Olympiakos it will be becuase of the English players most likely

Not that italian players are doing much better anyway.

All poor - lescott as well gave away the key goal.

Honestly City are a long way from winning this thing. Too easy for Barca.

Like all the other English clubs lately, just haven't got the ability or know-how.

Save us Mou. BPL needs you.

ibp8ZiXl3dbrYA.gif

Meier

We can take lots of positives from that performance.

Lots might be stretching it. I thought we played pretty well on the whole while I was able to watch. Barcelona seem very inconsistent this year.. seems like they have trouble getting up for some games but they played very well today.

I don't see how getting confirmation that your manager has no character and it's unfit for the club you aspire to be can be a positive.

a.) I don't agree with your assessment of Pellegrini in general but b.) He wasn't even on the touchline today. How can you make that statement when discussing today's performance?

Into

The good news for Juve fans is that City crashed out due to shitty defensive errors, Demichelis fuckupery and now Lescott. We dont have that great defenders, they are good but not world class i think, doubt City will come for Bonucci (lol). Expecting them to go raid some other team with much better defenders.

This means they wont come with ridiculous bids for Pogba or Vidal (hopefully)

But when and if Real and PSG crash out...hold on to your butts.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Focus on Vincent Kompany. Shouldn't they be focusing on a player on the winning side?

Sky Sports...

I do love how they mention the Dzeko penalty as game changing while completely ignoring the first half penalty which would have more than likely killed the game.

At what point do we acccept that Neymar is not bringing enough to Barca's attack, and his mere presence impedes Messi's performances to the point that he struggles to win games for them in the way he would do otherwise?

Lots might be stretching it. I thought we played pretty well on the whole while I was able to watch. Barcelona seem very inconsistent this year.. seems like they have trouble getting up for some games but they played very well today.

a.) I don't agree with your assessment of Pellegrini in general but b.) He wasn't even on the touchline today. How can you make that statement when discussing today's performance?

The players and formation. If he had any guts he should have put 2 forwards to press on barca shady CBs, or at least play Navas and Silva. He respected them too much or distrusted the ability of his team that much. That starting 11 didn't screamed let's got after them lads, it said let's try to get lucky. That doesn't cut it for a big club which is what City aspires to be.

Focus on Vincent Kompany. Shouldn't they be focusing on a player on the winning side?

Sky Sports...
he did play really well tbf

Mourhino couldn't win it with Madrid. He aint winning it with Chelsea.
he got close though, rest of our teams are hopeless

I think I'd rather see Liverpool win the league than City.

But don't worry. Pool and Arsenal away. And of course Moyes will put them to the sword.
wtf is wrong with you

Like seriously

Fuck that

Eh they're an English channel so focusing on the English team is... Pretty alright? When Copenhagen plays in CL I don't want the Danish tv to focus on fucking Iniesta either.

Decent player.

I'm more hopeful of Michelle.

UK channel. I understand why they do it, I just think it's poor. Maybe I should expect the biased coverage, they do still keep peddling the greatest league in the world stuff for the EPL.

TeddyBoy

Barca were deserved winners today, terrible refereeing performance. Better luck next year dc :|

I assume Liverpool lost to Reading in the FA Youth Cup?

Eh they're an English channel so focusing on the English team is... Pretty alright? When Copenhagen plays in CL I don't want the Danish tv to focus on fucking Iniesta either.

Decent player.

I'm more hopeful of Michelle.

Hart. Milner. Demichelis. One of these will surely deliver.

Wilbur

Banned
wtf is wrong with you

Like seriously

Fuck that

They're already pissing me off talking about quadruples and "it's City's moment" and all that.

Maybe it's because right now I quite like Brendan and they've put together a good side without oil riches, so they're the lesser of two evils. I don't want either fucking club to win, I'd rather Chelsea won forever than Liverpool won once. But out of the two right now, think I dislike modern City more than modern Liverpool.

At what point do we acccept that Neymar is not bringing enough to Barca's attack, and his mere presence impedes Messi's performances to the point that he struggles to win games for them in the way he would do otherwise?
It's the tactics. The team doesn't focus on Messi so much anymore.

Bumhead

Banned
Fucking Wigan fans chanting "Yorkshire Murderers" at us tonight.

Get to fuck. Fucking pretend team from a pretend place. Cunts.

Messi was able to shine with Ronaldinho, Zlatan and Henry in the side, don't think having Neymar as well is the issue.

When Ronaldinho and Henry were in the team, he wasn't looked to to turn draws into wins every game as he is now.

And even Ibra knew to get the fuck out of the GOAT's space :p

Just feels like when I watch Barca this season with N+M, Neymar spends a lot of time in spaces that Messi would be a million times more threatening in, while Messi is elsewhere, a bit isolated from the play.

Wilbur

Banned
Fucking Wigan fans chanting "Yorkshire Murderers" at us tonight.

Get to fuck. Fucking pretend team from a pretend place. Cunts.

Whelan bringing the FA Cup to Africa trying to make Wigan relevant made me laugh.

Thankfully they do that by fucking City over every year.

They're already pissing me off talking about quadruples and "it's City's moment" and all that.

Maybe it's because right now I quite like Brendan and they've put together a good side without oil riches, so they're the lesser of two evils. I don't want either fucking club to win, I'd rather Chelsea won forever than Liverpool won once. But out of the two right now, think I dislike modern City more than modern Liverpool.
Are you insane.

There is no scenario on this earth where anything could be worse than Liverpool winning the title.

Are you insane.

There is no scenario on this earth where anything could be worse than Liverpool winning the title.

Well prepare yourself for the apocalypse then, cos the battleship is running at 100% functionality. The guns are charging for Moyes' tugboat, with City and Chelsea's frigates on the horizon, standing between ourselves and Port Premier League Trophy 13/14

Cardiff are the iceburg that will fuck it all up when we're too focussed on distant threats and take our eye off of our immediate surroundings

Wilbur

Banned
When Ronaldinho and Henry were in the team, he wasn't looked to to turn draws into wins every game as he is now.

And even Ibra knew to get the fuck out of the GOAT's space :p

Just feels like when I watch Barca this season with N+M, Neymar spends a lot of time in spaces that Messi would be a million times more threatening in, while Messi is elsewhere, a bit isolated from the play.

Like viva says, the tactics have changed a bit. They seem to use the flanks a lot more than they used to (or at least both of them, considering Alves' influence over the last few years). Lots more involving of the two either side of Messi, so I wouldn't strictly blame that on Neymar.

Are you insane.

Liverpool winning two and catching up would be abhorrent, but I'd rather they win it than City this year before we rise to the top under Sir Moyeezus again.

look pls i have my reasons ok both teams can fuck off

when they play at anfield in a few weeks i still want a sinkhole to envelop the pitch

Bumhead

Banned
Hillsborough reference? That's a bit much.

No fucking need and it's disgusting.

Hillsborough is as much the fault of mine or anyone else in the 1,700+ away following tonight as Heysel is Hitchers or Arnies.

Like I say, pretend football club trying to make a name. Get to fuck.

Like viva says, the tactics have changed a bit. They seem to use the flanks a lot more than they used to (or at least both of them, considering Alves' influence over the last few years). Lots more involving of the two either side of Messi, so I wouldn't strictly blame that on Neymar.

Liverpool winning two and catching up would be abhorrent, but I'd rather they win it than City this year before we rise to the top under Sir Moyeezus again.

look pls i have my reasons ok both teams can fuck off

when they play at anfield in a few weeks i still want a sinkhole to envelop the pitch

Its not Neymar's fault that his role is kind of detrimental to Messi and designed to make them less reliant on one player, but he's not playing well enough for it to be effective imo

Which would be a good thing, problem is Neymar isn't doing it for Barcelona right now. It's his decision making which is letting him down. On form alone (not reputation) Alexis or Pedro should be getting the nod.
I don't know if it is that good.

I mean sure, you never want to rely on one player so heavily but Messi is truly just on another level. He's worth it. Messi would make so much happen in the spaces outside the box. So many smart one toes and passes around the corner, Barca don't even try that anymore.

Neymar could do better but he is still young. And Neymar is returning a good number of goals anyway. I think he's doing fine for Barca really.

The other problem is that Xavi and Iniesta are not as dynamic as they once were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom