• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.
No fucking need and it's disgusting.

Hillsborough is as much the fault of mine or anyone else in the 1,700+ away following tonight as Heysel is Hitchers or Arnies.

Like I say, pretend football club trying to make a name. Get to fuck.

I don't even understand how any of the blame can be attributed to your club or fans in the first place tbh.

I'm not as much an expert as I probably should be on Hillsborough, but as far as I know the stadium adhered to problematic rules. The main fault lay with the lack of communication between those in the stands, those on the pitch with a full view, those in control of the turnstiles, and those in charge of trying to fix the issues before it turned into the disaster it quickly became.

Not quite sure where Sheffield Wednesday as an entity enters the field of blame. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Feorax

I assume Liverpool lost to Reading in the FA Youth Cup?

Yup.

Finished 2-2 after a 94th min Liverpool equaliser.

Reading score in the 120th minute to make it 4-4 (Liverpool were 4-2 up in the 117th minute).

Lose 5-4 on pens.

Put the CL matches to shame.

Meier

Messi was truly excellent today. Not only was he a terror on attack, he had a great play where he tracked back and took the ball off Aguero.

Aguero has not looked himself since coming back this time. Nowhere near at the level of play from the rest of the season. Very disconcerting for the run in.

Wilbur

Banned
Those chicken fumes have seriously gone to your head

LOOK IT DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE NEITHER ARE WINNING

BLUE IS THE COLOUR
FOOTBALL IS THE GAME
WE'RE ALL TOGETHER
AND WINNING IS OUR AIM
SO CHEER US ON THROUGH THE SUN AND RAIN
CAUSE CHELSEA
CHELSEA IS OUR NAME

Bendtner used the time while Arsenal were playing yesterday, to get drunk and throw abuse at some cab driver in Copenhagen. His friend had to separate them.

#legend

Blackhead

Redarse
At what point do we acccept that Neymar is not bringing enough to Barca's attack, and his mere presence impedes Messi's performances to the point that he struggles to win games for them in the way he would do otherwise?

Um
Sid Lowe said:
having had a six-point lead, Barcelona now trail Real Madrid by four -a 10-point swing explained by an abysmal 2014. On Saturday, Barcelona lost a second successive away game for the first time since 2008

[Barca] have not opened the scoring away in four months and they have lost three of the last six. Having dropped just five points in the first 18 games, Barcelona have now dropped 13 in the nine games of 2014.
The poor run of form coincides with the return of Messi. I blame his lack of pressing (today was the first time in a long while that he made a run back to get the ball — and that only happened). He's becoming a prima donna that expects the rest of the team to do all the defensive work for him

GorillaJu

Wilbur, liverpool? Seriously?

They would be the last team I ever want to win the league.

Freewheelin, sort your bruvah out :p

Liverpool winning would give you hope that it's possible to fall so far down and jump right back up. Chelsea or City winning would just be status quo - spend the most money, win the league.

You've got to put rivalries aside for a moment here.

Wilbur

Banned
Oh Christ this is shit

Look

City

Can fuck off

I hate Liverpool

But they aren't uppity cunts who lucked out on a rich Arab that thought he was buying Manchester United, who have players like Milner and still think that the quadruple dream is a tangible enough thing that they talk about it all the fucking time and they're probably still talking about it now

And their manager doesn't look like the exhumed corpse of Arsene Wenger and wear hoodies

Just leave me alone

They both can fuck off

Feorax

Brannigan was the only one to miss a pen.

To be fair, our u18 keeper is a bit shit. Didn't even move for 3 of the pens (Readings pens were great though).

Walshy

Brannigan was the only one to miss a pen.

To be fair, our u18 keeper is a bit shit. Didn't even move for 3 of the pens (Readings pens were great though).
What do you think of this set of U18s?

I think our defence is utterly shocking. Can't see any of that defence making it.

Salvadora

Liverpool winning would give you hope that it's possible to fall so far down and jump right back up. Chelsea or City winning would just be status quo - spend the most money, win the league.

City or Chelsea winning the league can be explained away with unlimited financial power, but Liverpool winning would represent some else entirely.

Liverpool must be stopped.

K1LLER7

Nope. Liverpool can enjoy 3rd or 4th. Nothing else.

We'll be back next season.

Oh Christ this is shit

Look

City

Can fuck off

I hate Liverpool

But they aren't uppity cunts who lucked out on a rich Arab that thought he was buying Manchester United, who have players like Milner and still think that the quadruple dream is a tangible enough thing that they talk about it all the fucking time and they're probably still talking about it now

And their manager doesn't look like the exhumed corpse of Arsene Wenger and wear hoodies

Just leave me alone

They both can fuck off
Just stop and think about what you're saying.

Bla could be a City fan and id still want them to win it.

GorillaJu

We aren't winning it. Arse still have as good a shot as us. But we should be neutral's favorites over the oil clubs especially with the entertainment value.

Um

The poor run of form coincides with the return of Messi. I blame his lack of pressing (today was the first time in a long while that he made a run back to get the ball — and that only happened). He's becoming a prima donna that expects the rest of the team to do all the defensive work for him

The poor run of form has screamed 3 things at me

1) Barca's defense is abysmal under pressure
2) Messi's injury is effecting him still
3) Barca are lacking the player to drag them out of the shit with a moment of individual brilliance

For the money paid and players he's keeping out of the team, Neymar should be helping to fulfil the role of the player mentioned in 3)

He isn't, and his presence is also effecting Messi's ability to fulfil that role. A role, lest we forget, that he's performed to a standard that has made him possibly the best player of all time over the last 4 seasons or so.

I won't pretend that Messi's performances have been consistently fantastic since he came back, but a player of his quality should be the main man, all game every game, even if that means sacrificing a degree of threat from the guys next to him. He's about 17 times better than his teammates, and when he plays well, Barcelona win. Their tactics should therefore revolve around giving him circumstances in which he can play as well as he possibly can, even if it is to the detriment of being more 3-dimensional

Feorax

What do you think of this set of U18s?

I think our defence is utterly shocking. Can't see any of that defence making it.

Lloyd Jones has been touted as a prospect for a while, but he's probably the only one I could see making it.

It all depends on Wisdom though. If we want Wisdom as a RB, we could bring through Lloyd Jones as a partner to Ilori. If we use Wisdom as a CB though, which I suspect we will, I think it will be several years before we see a defender come out of our academy.

Jack cw

Lol Leverkusen. Maybe next year in EL...
Barca was great tonight. GOAT with an excellent performance and floppington finally with a good match.

Batigol

Banned
Ok, I can't find the relationship thread so bollocks I'll ask you guys

I like this girl, but I need to get to know her better. I figure I'll ask her if she wants to get some lunch, 'cause people like eating and we'll be hungry. Lets say she says no. What do I say to not make it awkward? Fuck, Imma eat anyway? I can't just say 'ok'

I like her more than the older woman I had sex with. It's a weird feeling. Like I don't just want to have sex with her

e; I have like an hour before I need to sleep for tomorrow and get on this

K1LLER7

I don't get why Barca drop Sanchez from these big matches.

He's been one of, if not, the best Barca player this season.

Neymar doesn't seem to have as much freedom as compared to what he gets with the Brazil team. Still think he'll come good down the line. New league, new team, still young.

Wilbur

Banned

I like this girl, but I need to get to know her better. I figure I'll ask her if she wants to get some lunch, 'cause people like eating and we'll be hungry. Lets say she says no. What do I say to not make it awkward? Fuck, Imma eat anyway? I can't just say 'ok'

I like her more than the older woman I had sex with. It's a weird feeling. Like I don't just want to have sex with her

You say

"I meant eat your pussy"

And then growl

Bark

Snivel

Make a thread.

Îf she says no, say "It's okay, I'll Özil with it" and disappear right in front of her. She'll think you have super powers and will eternally fall in love with you. But you're gone. And dead inside.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Guardian:

Aaron Ramsey is unlikely to return in Sunday's north London derby against Tottenham Hotspur as Arsène Wenger frets over the full extent of Mesut Özil's hamstring injury, with the initial indication being that the German will be out for a month.

If we can't beat this Arsenal then the players should all commit sepukku immediately.

Feorax

Chelsea need to go through as far as possible from our POV. It's honestly the only way I see them dropping enough points so that they don't win the league.

If we can't beat this Arsenal then the players should all commit sepukku immediately.

Did you see the article in the mirror about the meeting following the Chelsea game?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-squad-argued-two-hours-3235017#.UyDkKL66hmc.twitter

Should be interesting to see the reaction.

Chelsea need to go through as far as possible from our POV. It's honestly the only way I see them dropping enough points so that they don't win the league.

Don't forget Chelsea could not drop points in the league at all, and still lose it. A lot depends on City still.

GorillaJu

"Hey I was gonna go grab <Mexican food, a burger, a sandwich etc> for lunch, you should come along!"

"Oh sorry, I'm busy tomorrow."

"No problem. Theres this great place I go to sometimes. Maybe next time you'll be able to come with."

Feorax

Don't forget Chelsea could not drop points in the league at all, and still lose it. A lot depends on City still.

In theory, but I can't see City going on an unbeaten streak to the end of the season. They aren't as solid as you lot, despite the goals they've scored. I could easily see City dropping 6 points, possibly more before the end of the season.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Did you see the article in the mirror about the meeting following the Chelsea game?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-squad-argued-two-hours-3235017#.UyDkKL66hmc.twitter

Should be interesting to see the reaction.

I'll be at the Benfica game tomorrow, should be a good atmosphere. Sherwood probably shouldn't have said what he did in public, but it was what everybody was thinking. You can't get battered 4 times the way we did and think you're working hard enough.

This is crazy enough to work

On a serious note, do you plan on going for some lunch instantly? If so, don't take a no as a rejection, she just might not be up for it on that day. You could ask "and sometime next week?" or something. If she's still saying no, you should get the message.

If you don't plan for going instantly and ask her something along "Wanna grab some lunch together some time?" and she's like "NOPE NOPE NOPE". Well, that's not going to feel great at all and it won't matter what you say.

GorillaJu

I'll be at the Benfica game tomorrow, should be a good atmosphere. Sherwood probably shouldn't have said what he did in public, but it was what everybody was thinking. You can't get battered 4 times the way we did and think you're working hard enough.

You don't skewer your players in public. The manager should always, always protect his players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom