• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

He got drunk because he was left out of the cl squad and verbally assaulted a cab driver who had to call 911. His body language was apparently quite offensive... Although I'm clueless as to how anyone could ever come to that conclusion.

BimKHniCcAIp1Fi.png

I can't...

Arnie

Christ just read about Wilbur's close encounter with rape.

I had a lovely cabbie, he started talking to me about football even though he admitted he didn't really watch it. He really wanted to understand though.

I went to Mahiki and drank out of a treasure chest.

Then I text my hairdresser at 3am telling him to fuck off our appointment this morning.

Now I'm on my way to Euston for my North West odyssey.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Milan is dead and there's nothing left to do.

Two weeks ago some considered us the next title contender. I love football "journalism", almost as much as I love gaming journalism.

3Sixty

Who wants to win some more money with me at Cheltenham today.

Oscar Whiskey/Fingal Bay/Annie Power

And

Oscar Whiskey/Dynaste/Big bucks.

2 trebles.

(I do not take responsibility when neither of these win)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
what a mistake to sack AVB. he didn't sink Spurs as low as Moyes did with United and Moyes gonna get at least 3 full season to work his magic.

Please. Those AVB stats include 6 piss easy Europa games where we scored at least 3+ goals in almost every one and conceded just 1 goal in the group. Sherwood also had to play Arsenal away in the FA cup.

In the league AVB had less than a goal a game and an inferior PPG. We've only lost 3 league games under Sherwood, 2 of them were ruined by wrongly given red cards at 0 - 1.

Some fine theatrics by Vertonghen were all that prevented Sherwood from being eliminated by a pretty weak EL team.

Well we had already got it to 1-1 before Zozulya got sent off. We probably would have scored another two anyway, the Dnipro goal woke us up.

Let us not forget how AVB went out of the cups last season to Leeds, Norwich and Basel. Spurs are just prone to being a soft touch sadly.

jesalr

Can't help but laugh at the swing on AVB considering the shit he was getting in here. Could it be something to do with him joining someone's club?

AVB has shown more than enough times now to not just to be completely inept or maybe just refusing changing his tactics, both Chelsea and Spurs at times suffered from the backline being slow as fuck and still being on the halfway line. But he also turned out to get real unfriendly with half of his squads. Anyone thinking firing him was dumb for Spurs or Chelsea are thick, also if it means having Sherwood as your manager for a little while, it will probably be for the better purely for not being AVB.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
As much as I would love to beat Liverpool on Sunday I cant see it happening, id take a draw over a humiliating defeat pls, at least that will give us a bit of momentum going into Olympiakos.

Holy shit how the mighty have fallen.

From Mourinho's prodigy at Chelsea to exile in Russia.

I hope he grows a feral beard.
Do you think AVB's beard was enough to prevent Rodgers from touching his face on a regular basis in their mutual time at Chelsea?
AVB has shown more than enough times now to not just to be completely inept or maybe just refusing changing his tactics, both Chelsea and Spurs at times suffered from the backline being slow as fuck and still being on the halfway line. But he also turned out to get real unfriendly with half of his squads. Anyone thinking firing him was dumb for Spurs or Chelsea are thick, also if it means having Sherwood as your manager for a little while, it will probably be for the better purely for not being AVB.
With the shitshow that is Zenit, the locker room conflicts are bound to be glorious. Shirokov already told Spalletti to "fuck off back to to Italy". I wonder what he'll say to AVB?

qindarka

Banned

Wasn't even that long ago when his reputation was being somewhat rehabilitated with all that talk about him having the highest points total for a Spurs manager, which was pretty meaningless. I know there were many who said then that we were wrong to sack him and would regret it. Pity how it all turned out though, there was such optimism when he joined us.

There is one thing that often gets misreported about his time at Chelsea, though. He never really tried to phase out Terry who still played whenever available.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
You mean like the momentum we had going in our first game with the Greek? :p

Never forget last week was a turning point in our season, the 19th turning point by my count, we are practically running around in circles.

rossonero

Who wants to win some more money with me at Cheltenham today.

Oscar Whiskey/Fingal Bay/Annie Power

And

Oscar Whiskey/Dynaste/Big bucks.

2 trebles.

(I do not take responsibility when neither of these win)

Why not? I have some other horses in these races, so I'll take EW triples with your bets. Had Dynaste already though.

jesalr

AVB's problem, more than anything, was that he was stubborn. He had a way that he thought should work, and so never changed it. It worked well enough in Portugal, so why not here? He may well do fine in Russia, it's a different game, maybe it'll suit him.

I lost all faith in him when he persisted with a high line against City, with no midfielders pressing. The number of times a player got in behind Dawson with 3/4 of the pitch to run into hurt my soul. Dawson took a lot of shit for that game, but what else is he meant to do in that situation. It's simply not what he was made for. Then he did the exact same thing against Liverpool. We were warned over and over when Sterling and Suarez popped in behind Dawson and Capoue, but never decided to drop our line back to accommodate it.

AVB wanted to win 'his' way, but that was never really gonna fly in this league.

rossonero

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Milan is dead and there's nothing left to do.

Two weeks ago some considered us the next title contender. I love football "journalism", almost as much as I love gaming journalism.

I really hope that they are somewhat right though. This "lets get free signings and whatever Galliani can get from his friends like Preziosi and so on"-strategy has been proved to be a disaster and now we have a squad full of deadwood who are only interested in getting their way too big paychecks from Milan.

Can't wait to see Galliani leave.

The one big positive for me is if we do end up hiring AVB is that he'll be hungry and desperate to restore his image. We have enough foreigners in Russia who just coast by for a paycheck that it would be a welcome change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom