• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

The one big positive for me is if we do end up hiring AVB is that he'll be hungry and desperate to restore his image. We have enough foreigners in Russia who just coast by for a paycheck that it would be a welcome change.

You don't say.

And why do you say 'we'? You're a Canadian, it's time to accept that.

Blablurn

I really hope that they are somewhat right though. This "lets get free signings and whatever Galliani can get from his friends like Preziosi and so on"-strategy has been proved to be a disaster and now we have a squad full of deadwood who are only interested in getting their way too big paychecks from Milan.

Can't wait to see Galliani leave.

KtLJkbN.png

You don't say.

And why do you say 'we'? You're a Canadian, it's time to accept that.

At least they have one reason to come play in Russia. That's one more than coming to play in the Eredivisie.

I'm only a "Canadian" since both Russia and Canada allow dual-citizenship. I certainly know which one I would drop in a heartbeat if forced to.

GorillaJu

At least they have one reason to come play in Russia. That's one more than coming to play in the Eredivisie.

I'm only a "Canadian" since both Russia and Canada allow dual-citizenship. I certainly know which one I would drop in a heartbeat if forced to.

Would you go to Russia if you were forced to choose one or the other? I assume the quality of life in Canada is just so much better.

Derp

OwwrCuc.jpg

Look at this giant playing in the CL for us <3
We were talking about foreign players in Russia. Unfortunately for the country's image, Bulykin happens to be Russian. And bringing him up is detrimental for you. The ultimate proof of the Eredivisie's quality is that this scrub managed to score 20+ times in one season. That's more goals that his last 6 years in Russia combined.

Linius

We were talking about foreign players in Russia. Unfortunately for the country's image, Bulykin happens to be Russian. And bringing him up is detrimental for you. The ultimate proof of the Eredivisie's quality is that this scrub managed to score 20+ times in one season. That's more goals that his last 6 years in Russia combined.

He wasn't good, I know. He was just the only Russian I could think of in our league recently :p

Well at least CSKA splashed some money on VVV to buy Honda, that worked out pretty well for them.

Would you go to Russia if you were forced to choose one or the other? I assume the quality of life in Canada is just so much better.
That's a hard question to answer since it's a complete hypothetical. I'd go wherever my family would be, I guess. I wouldn't have a huge problem with living in Russia though. I'd have no problem making a decent living dat western education. Russia isn't as bad as western media like to portray. Russia is both amazing and awful at the same time, truly an acquired taste.

Linius

That's a hard question to answe since it's a complete hypothetical. I'd go wherever my family would be, I guess. I wouldn't have a huge problem with living in Russia though. I'd have no problem making a decent living my dat western education. Russia isn't as bad as western media like to portray. Russia is both amazing and awful at the same time, truly an acquired taste.

I don't even think the media are trying to make it look terrible, or I just read different stuff. But anyways, it's pretty clear Russia has some issues with things we consider normal in the west. And you don't need to try to protest against these things in public because Putin doesn't really like that either. But other than that Russia seems a fine country at least for the people who make a decent living. Though I don't want to imagine what it's like to live in some small village in the middle of nowhere with -30 degrees celcius :p

My parents are going to St. Petersburg in three weeks. I hope things will have calmed down a bit by then. It's quite a mess with the whole Ukraine situation.

He wasn't good, I know. He was just the only Russian I could think of in our league recently :p

Well at least CSKA splashed some money on VVV to buy Honda, that worked out pretty well for them.

There's actually a worse Russian striker that's played in your league. In fact, he'll be playing for Anzhi against AZ today. Fyodor Smolov. He has 5 career goals. In almost 100 appearances. Awful.

LegoArmo

Zenit to win the Champions League within the next 4 years under Villas-Boas. Perfect job to escape the spotlight of the Premier League.

I don't even think the media are trying to make it look terrible, or I just read different stuff. But anyways, it's pretty clear Russia has some issues with things we consider normal in the west. And you don't need to try to protest against these things in public because Putin doesn't really like that either. But other than that Russia seems a fine country at least for the people who make a decent living. Though I don't want to imagine what it's like to live in some small village in the middle of nowhere with -30 degrees celcius :p

My parents are going to St. Petersburg in three weeks. I hope things will have calmed down a bit by then. It's quite a mess with the whole Ukraine situation.

It's perfectly calm in St. Pete's right now. It's not like it's close to the border with the Ukies. Finland pissing off Putin would be your biggest worry, lol.

Edit: fuck 4AM, off to bed.

Linius

It's perfectly calm in St. Pete's right now. It's not like it's close to the border with the Ukies. Finland pissing off Putin would be your biggest worry, lol.

Edit: fuck 4AM, off to bed.

Yeah, I know. But with the situation still going on my only worry would be that things could still escalate and go on a wider scale. But for now it seems alright.

Clegg

There's an interesting article about Gerrard on the Guardian website. I'm sure many will disagree with it but give it a read anyway.

Reading the latest stuff, I bet Hoeneß is not going to jail.

Such bullshit

Or if he's going to jail it's going to be like 6 months or something that short.

Jack cw

Reading the latest stuff, I bet Hoeneß is not going to jail.

Such bullshit

Or if he's going to jail it's going to be like 6 months or something that short.

I dont think there is the slightest chance for him to get out this without going into jail for at least 3 years. And even after the sentence, its going to get a revision anyway, so the case is not closed yet.

Hixx

"Bendtner, who has not featured for the Londoners since 2 February but did start for his country against England last week, was reported to have unbuttoned his trousers and rubbed up against the side of the taxi by the Danish newspaper, BT. The 26-year-old is then alleged to have whipped the cab with his belt, calling the driver a "little whore". The cabbie was so concerned that he called the police."

I think Nicky has a fetish for cars. He did things to them in Newcastle too
wtzgU.gif

"The incident allegedly took place outside the Norrebro Brewery in Ryesgade, a restaurant in a trendy suburb of Copenhagen who had just shown live coverage of Arsneal's 1-1 draw in Munich, which confirmed their elimination from Europe's elite competition 3-1 on aggregate. "

Nørrebro. Trendy suburb.
D1N6TR5.png

I once had to pay a taxi driver with my shoes and my mcdonalds discount vouchers book after a night out because I didn't have any money left. That was a low point in my life. I miss those discount vouchers

Elchele

Fucking laughable, 3,5 years for withholding 27,2 million euro's. Fucking Bayern maffia.

:lol do you realize in pretty much any other country, he would have gotten a free pass?

I'm glad he is getting a punishment for what he did, but is not like he killed someone man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom