• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bunkbeds with Breno?

24004.jpg

Jack cw

Fucking laughable, 3,5 years for withholding 27,2 million euro's. Fucking Bayern maffia.

Its even more funny, when you consider the amount of money he owes the financial department. We are talking about 30 million EUR taxes evaded, but those are without the interest rate. Right now, he has outstanding depts of around 45 million.

Wilbur

Banned
Will he actually do the three and a half years? Here, if he's a good boy, he'd be out in half that.

By the way guys I'm okay

My asshole is intact

Amazing joke, shamelessly stolen from BVB forums:

The judge is funny. Now it's 3.5 years, when Hoeneß arrives at jail it's 18.5 years and the day after that it's 27.2 years.

German humour.

arkon

Now everyone can enjoy schadenfreude and pretend to be a higher moral authority. I'm glad he didn't get away with it, but I'm also sad given all that he has done.

Well I pay my taxes, so I'd like to be able to enjoy some moral superiority if I may.

*gets on high horse*

Its even more funny, when you consider the amount of money he owes the financial department. We are talking about 30 million EUR taxes evaded, but with those are without the interest rate. Right now, he has outstanding depts of around 45 million.

Maybe Watzke will give Uli a loan.

Linius

When he gets out of jail, will he still have some money or will he be completely bankrupt? I mean I can only see these 3,5 years in prison doing any harm if he has nothing to return to when he gets out...

K1LLER7

When he gets out of jail, will he still have some money or will he be completely bankrupt? I mean I can only see these 3,5 years in prison doing any harm if he has nothing to return to when he gets out...

Think he'll probably have a couple million lying around somewhere.

Jack cw

Think he'll probably have a couple million lying around somewhere.

Dont think so. His private property will be impounded and he still has around 45 million EUR to pay. As he gambled and made only losses he is pretty much broke. His property now is around 5 million and he is bankrupt after jail. His factories were long ago given to his sons, so that business will stay with the family. In the end 3,5 years is the best possible deal.

#packmas

Guardiola has been shit in CL so far, tho. he got the tactics wrong in our last 3 CL matches

Because he is still experimenting, instead of playing with his already great working tactics...

Elchele

Where are you getting this from? Haven't read anything about this and I seriously doubt it. Would be one hell of a joke sentence then.

it was all around the media. what part don't you believe? He hasn't been released from jail, and he's working with Bayern U17 as assistant-assistant coach or something.

Don't know if he still gets the same half day release like he did at first, but it surely was the case at the beginning

scently

Well I pay my taxes, so I'd like to be able to enjoy some moral superiority if I may.

*gets on high horse*

Hey arkon/clegg. Just finished reading Words of Radiance and I am looking for something else to read. What would you suggest? I have The Name of The Wind lined up but I would like your input on what is out there. Thanks

Hixx

The Curious Case of Sophie Dahl.

Why did she let people take pictures of her in lingerie when she was the size of a house, then she decides "never again" when she loses all the weight and becomes a MINX?

Clegg

Hey arkon/clegg. Just finished reading Words of Radiance and I am looking for something else to read. What would you suggest? I have The Name of The Wind lined up but I would like your input on what is out there. Thanks
TNOTW is a good book. Prose is much better than Sanderson's but characters aren't as string with the exception of Kvothe. I'd go for it. But just as a word of warning, the sequel is very polarising.

Carbonox

As someone who doesn't know the inner workings of Bayern, how will the President going to jail affect the club, if at all (outside of the hierarchy)?

Blablurn

As someone who doesn't know the inner workings of Bayern, how will the President going to jail affect the club, if at all (outside of the hierarchy)?

there is no real successor in sight. it cant be rummenigge since he already has too many jobs. and beckenbauer is too old. but the job of the president is not that important.

scently

TNOTW is a good book. Prose is much better than Sanderson's but characters aren't as string with the exception of Kvothe. I'd go for it. But just as a word of warning, the sequel is very polarising.

Oh. Well I think I will pass on it for now. What about the Mistborn series and other Sanderson's novels? Which ones are good, do you think?

Clegg

Oh. Well I think I will pass on it for now. What about the Mistborn series and other Sanderson's novels? Which ones are good, do you think?
Mistborn series was good. Carries the usual Sanderson hallmarks, good action moments, interesting magic system and witty dialogue. It was my first experience of his writing and I enjoyed it.

arkon

It's highly lauded as one of the best recent fantasy debuts. The main mark against is that the series is incomplete and the guy seems to be in a similar mould to GRRM, although he's only got the one book to finish to complete it. So if you don't mind reading incomplete series then go for it. Book 2 has had more of a mixed reaction.

I don't know if I mentioned this last time but authors like Joe Abercrombie (First Law trilogy plus the standalones) and Daniel Abraham (The Long Price Quartet) are among my favourites. I recently finished the Thousand Names by Django Wexler which was good. R. Scott Bakker, Matthew Stover, Elizabeth Bear's Eternal Sky trilogy (and other assorted works), Mark Lawrence, Brent Weeks, Peter V. Brett and loads more. Have a look through their books and there's bound to be something for you in amongst all that.

edit:

So do I. It's just as I get older that I try to restrain myself from judging people and from enjoying stuff like this. Everyone fucks up, some knowingly, some create a bigger mess than others.

That's a laudable stance to take. I just get annoyed and saddened when I read stories like it though, which inevitably means I'll have to be at least a little bit smug about it when the downfall occurs.

Meier

:lol do you realize in pretty much any other country, he would have gotten a free pass?

Wesley Snipes just served over 2.5 years in prison for tax fraud and his was far lower than Hoeness'. Within the context of both countries, I'd imagine they're at a similar level of celebrity status although Snipes was obviously known far and wide outside of his country. He's getting off pretty lucky here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom