• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

Sophie Dahl was better looking when she was heavier.

iZH92Q3.jpg

they look so pleasantly heavy.

bjaelke

A Zimbabwean prophet has launched a $US1.5 million legal claim against a South African sports broadcaster after it claimed he had predicted that Liverpool would win this season's English Premier League, it was reported on Wednesday.

Despite the fact that Liverpool are currently second in the league with just 10 games to play, Spirit Embassy Church leader, Uebert Angel, denies ever making the claim.

He says his reputation will be damaged if they do not win the title.

"The plaintiff claims the sum of $US1,500,000 considering his character and stature as a prophet with great following... who is respected the world over by religious, social and political leaders," stated the summons filed in Harare High Court.

He says he is entitled to compensation as it would be "difficult to rehabilitate completely a reputation even if it is proved in court that the statement was misguided...".

Angel said that Johannesburg-based Supersport published the story on its website last December.

The prediction, as published on www.supersport.com, was headlined: "Zimbabwean prophet predicts Liverpool to win title."

The Herald newspaper, quoted the Angel as saying: "Liverpool, I am with you this year and God has shown me he is returning you to your glory days."
Do it for Lucas the Prophet.
/​
CNB1W6d.png

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I just noticed all the Wurst affiliation in the Bundesliga.

Schalke boss Tönnies also owns the biggest meat processing company in Europe.

dc89

Well at least germany jails people for tax evasion. The UK on the other hand....

This is as desperate as my three English players. And that was desperate :loool
I'm like the new Mou. Anything to deflect the pressure from the team.

---

Horse racing betting. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Is VR the next motion controls and 3D esque gimmick or something to actually get excited about?

Just can't see it taking off at all. Reckon there'll be a few OR exclusive tech demos disguised as games, then a few big games will have barebones OR support, and it'll be dead after a year.

L1NETT

Just can't see it taking off at all. Reckon there'll be a few OR exclusive tech demos disguised as games, then a few big games will have barebones OR support, and it'll be dead after a year.

Yeah I can see that. Hella expensive too.

What i mean El is summat that everyone rushes to copy and shove into their system. The whole "me too" approach of the Playstation Eye and such.

L1NETT

If The Last Guardian isn't at E3, its pretty much dead, right?

Yeah. Getting a bit silly now tbh.

---

Rumour just popped up on gmail alerts thingy, remember that the big OPM reveal a big series coming back to Playstation? Probably BS but got me erect.

Source close to Crytek (lol) says it Timesplitters 4 exclusive to PS4.

Hmmmm

TeddyBoy

If The Last Guardian isn't at E3, its pretty much dead, right?

The Last Guardian was always dead Hitch, Team ICO is only a small part of Japan Studio and people in Japan studio don't keep on the same project for that long. That Kotaku article when they had 15+ games in development showed this, they had a big studio but people moved round all the time and changed teams frequently.

It's part of the reason why they produced so few PS3 games but quite a few PSP games, they can chop and change people with smaller level based games on PSP like Patapon and Locoroco while bigger PS3 games take forever because of shaders.

With the new guy they appointed that should stop as he's made it a fixed team style like western studios which means they actually make console games again (Knack and Puppeteer).

Anyone else seen 46show's AC Milan vs Atletico game?

Yeah. Getting a bit silly now tbh.

---

Rumour just popped up on gmail alerts thingy, remember that the big OPM reveal a big series coming back to Playstation? Probably BS but got me erect.

Source close to Crytek (lol) says it Timesplitters 4 exclusive to PS4.

Hmmmm

If its TS4, FUCK YES

If it's made internally by Crytek, fuck that.

Wilbur

Banned
Porto - Napoli
Basel - Salzburg
Sevilla - Betis
Spurs - Benfica
Juventus - Fiorentina

dat europa league

And I'm missing it all

Elchele

Wesley Snipes just served over 2.5 years in prison for tax fraud and his was far lower than Hoeness'. Within the context of both countries, I'd imagine they're at a similar level of celebrity status although Snipes was obviously known far and wide outside of his country. He's getting off pretty lucky here.

who

Messi did the same thing as Uli Hoeness and he's walking free without a problem, no? Also, the Neymar tax fraud in the transfer, etc

You and me both. *memories

Hitch I think Crytek UK is mostly ex free radical peeps. But it's a whole of stinking horseshit frankly, any mention of that series gets me excited.

Are they the guys that made Haze? Have they spent the last 6 years just helping other studios with stuff like FC3?

I'm not even sure who is around these days that I'd trust to make it properly (even ignoring the IP ownership stuff). People Can Fly maybe?

edit: I can't believe that people actually watch ChallengeTV in great enough numbers to make it a viable station

Zabojnik

Is VR the next motion controls and 3D esque gimmick or something to actually get excited about?

It's not a gimmick like these things AT ALL. Once you'll try it, you'll understand why. Having said that, it's not something that will (nor should) replace traditional gaming. It's pretty obvious we're slowly moving towards a VR future in general, not just in gaming. Also, I'm not sure why people think it needs to be super mega uber mainstream to succeed.

Cannot fucking wait for Star Citizen + OR.

Meier

who

Messi did the same thing as Uli Hoeness and he's walking free without a problem, no? Also, the Neymar tax fraud in the transfer, etc

I think there are clearly differing kinds of tax fraud. Obviously in Hoeness' case, he admitted to it as well so I'm sure they had far more dirt on him than Messi and his Dad.

smh @ who. Fucking Blade, man! His movies have made ~$1bn in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom