• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

I think there are clearly differing kinds of tax fraud. Obviously in Hoeness' case, he admitted to it as well so I'm sure they had far more dirt on him than Messi and his Dad.

smh @ who. Fucking Blade, man! His movies have made ~$1bn in the US.

Uli confessed because it was his best shot at avoiding prison. But he didn't give full disclosure of all the shit he had avoided paying, so he went down.

How much money did Messi had avoided paying in taxes? I think it was pretty close to Uli's amount. The difference is: Spain doesn't touch rich people.

wedward

Wenger's quote makes it sound more like Ramsey is struggling to quickly gain match fitness and less like he has had an actual setback. Hopefully that is the case.

Ozil was hurt in the second minute.

Jack cw

Why, FROM?

:(

Still can't wait to play it, but what a downer.
This made me so sad. I started playing the 360 version a few days ago and man, it looks so soft because of FXAA... If I see the material from E3 its like a generational leap. Too bad, the PC version will have the same assets as the consoles...

K1LLER7

Former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson: "I was over at Michael Owen's stables and the intention was to be here by 10am, but I only just made it here. Everyone in racing loves Cheltenham - it's the be all and end all.

"I've been so busy recently, travelling all of the world. And I'm an ambassador for Unicef and United and at the Harvard Business School. I teach on a course of business and leadership. I've had one winner today - Fingal Bay. I saw it from Michael Owen's office."
Frogson pls.

Somebody should send Woodward and Moyes to Fergie's business and leadership class.

wedward

Normally the Tottenham Benfica game would be an easy choice, but because I don't want Lambda to experience any joy in life, gotta go for Tottenham.

Clegg

So Ozil injured himself in the second minute but played on anyway and presumably exacerbated his injury. Who allowed that to happen? Smacks of v poor judgement.

jtb

Banned
So Ozil injured himself in the second minute but played on anyway and presumably exacerbated his injury. Who allowed that to happen? Smacks of v poor judgement.

Wenger has always been incredibly irresponsible with injured players. half of RVP's injuries were caused by Wenger rushing him back too early only to re-injure him. he did his best to destroy Cesc's hamstring this way, as well.

I think, also, he trusts the players too much. a player's almost never going to say they can't play on, but that's why you have a manager to overrule their judgement

Frogson pls.

Somebody should send Woodward and Moyes to Fergie's business and leadership class.

but this will happen

nzwtL90.png

All work and no points makes Moyes a dull boy

dc89

@Ibra_official
Got my #Titanfall controller - ready for #XboxOne release. See you there!

I feel bad for Ibra. Having to play on that mid generation system. :(

wedward

He wasn't running with a limp. Why take him off if he says he is fine? Managers don't take players off at the first sign of injury. Ozil would be to blame, but if he thought he could play through it and be fine then fair enough. He knows his body.

I'm sure Arsenal have a habit of doing that

(And ex-Arsenal physio Gary Lewin)

Every team does it. If they didn't most games wouldn't finish 11v11.

Clegg

He wasn't running with a limp. Why take him off if he says he is fine? Managers don't take players off at the first sign of injury. Ozil would be to blame, but if he thought he could play through it and be fine then fair enough. He knows his body.

Every team does it. If they didn't most games wouldn't finish 11v11.
Mate if a player plays on with an injury and then subsequently has to come off because its gotten worse then clearly somebody fucked up. Whether that be the player or the medical staff it doesn't really matte.

wedward

Mate if a player plays on with an injury and then subsequently has to come off because its gotten worse then clearly somebody fucked up. Whether that be the player or the medical staff it doesn't really matte.

?

"Ozil would be to blame"

It's a huge game. The player doesn't tell anyone he is injured. He isn't showing visible signs of injury. Why take him off?

How you can blame a medical staff or manager for that is beyond me. It was Ozil's decision. If he told Wenger he injured himself and Wenger/medical staff told him to play on then they would deserve the blame.

If Ozil kept playing because he thought he could then fair enough. Dumb decision, but his to make.

faridmon

The weather have been fantastic this week. Birmingham is like mid-10s with little to moderate wind speed.

I can bloody see the sun!

Clegg

?

"Ozil would be to blame"
I'm blaming the medical staff. Decisions like this shouldn't be left in the hands if the players. If its a case of not even catching the problem then that's an even bigger problem. There's a duty of care issue here. If there's even the slightest doubt that he's hurt then he should be hauled off.

jtb

Banned
?

"Ozil would be to blame"

It's a huge game. The player doesn't tell anyone he is injured. He isn't showing visible signs of injury. Why take him off?

How you can blame a medical staff or manager for that is beyond me. It was Ozil's decision. If he told Wenger he injured himself and Wenger/medical staff told him to play on then they would deserve the blame.

If Ozil kept playing because he thought he could then fair enough. Dumb decision, but his to make.

It's not just Ozil's decision to make or at least it shouldn't be. the club is paying his wages and needs him to stay fit in order to win games. the players can, and sometimes should, be overruled. I doubt Wenger's out there telling players to try running off their injuries like Hodgson, but he's not using common sense or laying down the law either.

wedward

I'm blaming the medical staff. Decisions like this shouldn't be left in the hands if the players. If its a case of not even catching the problem then that's an even bigger problem.

Are you serious dude?

He wasn't limping. He was moving fine. If he doesn't tell the staff he picked up an injury how are they supposed to know? Read his mind?

Players play with knocks and injuries all the time. Rarely are players hauled off at the first sign of injury.

It's not just Ozil's decision to make or at least it shouldn't be. the club is paying his wages and needs him to stay fit in order to win games. the players can, and sometimes should, be overruled. I doubt Wenger's out there telling players to try running off their injuries like Hodgson, but he's not using common sense or laying down the law either.

Who knew he was injured? Everyone is acting like it was so obvious during the game, yet I didn't see a single mention of it here in this thread or anywhere else.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I hope this will be the team tonight:

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Rose
Sandro Paulinho
Lennon Eriksen Townsend
Adebayor

Though I think it might be 442 with Soldado and Bentaleb instead of Lennon and Paulinho.

Clegg

Are you serious dude?

He wasn't limping. He was moving fine. If he doesn't tell the staff he picked up an injury how are they supposed to know? Read his mind?
I might coming from the wrong angle here and I apologise if I am but did he not receive treatment at any stage in the first half? If he didn't then it's entirely on him.

wedward

I might coming from the wrong angle here and I apologise if I am but did he not receive treatment at any stage in the first half? If he didn't then it's entirely on him.

He didn't even come off the pitch. Maybe he gave a sign to the bench, but I didn't see it and no one has mentioned it.

That is why I am saying it's on him.

Az

Looks like Bosnia signed a deal with Adidas as out main kit sponsor. Finally, sick and tired of LEGEA parachutes.

Edit: and yes, this is a big deal for us

jtb

Banned
Are you serious dude?

Players play with knocks and injuries all the time. Rarely are players hauled off at the first sign of injury.

Who knew he was injured? Everyone is acting like it was so obvious during the game, yet I didn't see a single mention of it here in this thread or anywhere else.

well I'm more just commenting on a general trend here. Wenger is way too lenient with players that may or may not be injured

wedward

well I'm more just commenting on a general trend here. Wenger is way too lenient with players that may or may not be injured

I definitely agree with that, but I think this case it is all on Ozil.

Hard to blame the guy though. After all the criticism he has faced and pressure he is under, he probably hoped he could play through it and have a good performance.

Until Wenger starts rotating this stuff is going to continue to happen.

If you play for Arsenal and are in good form you are going to play every game until you are burned out and fall out of form (Ozil) or play every game until you physically can't and pick up an injury (Ramsey).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom