• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddyBoy

Oh my...

hEk70v7l.jpg

Holy. Shit.

Enjoy the match Usho!

Honestly don't know why people are getting so antsy about it. The game still looks at least on par with the original Dark Souls.

Seeing this I can understand the dissapointment

ibowYP5eCINCAV.gif

i1Yse21jxv0MA.gif

They even removed the wind haha, but eh, GAF always overreact so that's no surprise... and I saw they had not even said what version the preview footage was from? Could easily be the pc version, which wouldn't be surprising as it seems to run fine and even this downgraded ps3 version runs like ass.

Seeing this I can understand the dissapointment

ibowYP5eCINCAV.gif

i1Yse21jxv0MA.gif

They even removed the wind haha, but eh, GAF always overreact so that's no surprise... and I saw they had not even said what version the preview footage was from? Could easily be the pc version, which wouldn't be surprising as it seems to run fine and even this downgraded ps3 version runs like ass.
That is the PC version in the first gif.

Honestly don't know why people are getting so antsy about it. The game still looks at least on par with the original Dark Souls.

Its just when you compare it side by side with the way they unveiled it. Even if the console versions were never going to live up to those gameplay trailers, the assets as well as the lighting are completely different. If it had been displayed as merely graphically equal to DS1 from the start I'd still be hyped as fuck.

The Vermaelen/Vertonghen comparuson is eerie

Left-footed Belgian centrebacks bought by North London clubs from Ajax, have good first seasons where there is perhaps more focus on their contribution going forward as there is defending, then an underwhelming second season.

Vertonghen has been more solid than Vermaelen was in that second season though

Salvadora

HW is crazy. City were embarrassed too, but Bayern did make Arsenal look small, even though that one finished up a draw. Arse could do nothing against the much better side comfortable defending their lead, by almost completely dominating every aspect of the game.
Well, despite virtually dominating every aspect of the game, Bayern looked remarkably unimpressive for a side of their reputation at home. Especially going forward.

In my mind, looking 'small' would be coming away with a typical Bundesliga result (i.e them scoring six). We know what these players are capable of, so not seeing anything close to that on the night is my biggest disappointment.

Well, despite virtually dominating every aspect of the game, Bayern looked remarkably unimpressive for a side of their reputation at home. Especially going forward.

In my mind, looking 'small' would be coming away with a typical Bundesliga result (i.e them scoring six). We know what these players are capable of, so not seeing anything close to that on the night is my biggest disappointment.

Worth mentioning that Barca are far more beatable than Bayern as well

Salvadora

Worth mentioning that Barca are far more beatable than Bayern as well
Especially since we've seen them beaten by 'small' teams in the recent past.

In fairness, I don't think City showed anywhere near what they are capable of against Barcelona either. Although huge weaknesses at the back were seen coming a mile off.

2 things i don't like so far:

sloppyness when going for the counter (give Markovic more balls).
Silvio marking Ade, who is several inches taller.

not concerned with Spurs attack at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom