• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvy

Banned
“@MiguelDelaney: Sherwood on Jorge Jesus: "His team show a bit of class, it's a pity he don't... He doesn't mind himself, does he? Nah, not for me, thanks.

Dead.

So he looks like James Bond and he's smart? That's a neat combo.
Jesus is like the antithesis of what Benfica is all about.

Good win tonight. The longer we spend on EL, the higher the chances of Jesus man fucking it all up again though. Then again, he'd fuck it all up regardless.

subtles

I'd talk at length about this debacle but I know it will start again tomorrow regardless of any consensus reached tonight.

I will say this; It was nice seeing (14th place) Swansea outplaying Napoli for large periods of time in their tie even if they couldn't win in the end. The same Napoli that Arsenal was on a similar footing with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVhNyKpG0wE
(turn on captions if they're off)

<3

Bio6OymIcAEGn4y.jpg

wedward

I still can't get over Ramsey playing every match (?) until his injury. Like, why.

No clue. Everybody could see what was happening except Wenger. He runs them into the ground. Ramsey, Ozil, Giroud this year. Wilshere a couple years ago. Did it to Cesc.

He doesn't trust the backups, which is odd because he bought them.

He rested Ozil for two games (too little too late) and Rosicky filled in a played great.

Why couldn't he spread that rest out more evenly across the season?

It's so frustrating. Like, which would you rather do? Play Ozil and Ramsey in every game and then have them break down and miss out the most crucial part of the season? Or rest them evenly throughout the season and have them sit out games against lower table opposition?

Answer seems obvious enough.

Arnie

It's really strange how Bundesliga fans are obsessed with the Premier League. Are Augsburg not enough entertainment for you?

And just finished Boardwalk, up to speed now for season five. Christ, that ending. Thankfully the showrunners can write so I've got no doubts it'll continue on course to be known as one of the top five GOAT shows, something BB couldn't achieve.

About to start True Detective before bed. Have a little tumbler of fresh orange to wash it all down.

Wilbur

Banned
It's really strange how Bundesliga fans are obsessed with the Premier League. Are Augsburg not enough entertainment for you?

And just finished Boardwalk, up to speed now for season five. Christ, that ending. Thankfully the showrunners can write so I've got no doubts it'll continue on course to be known as one of the top five GOAT shows, something BB couldn't achieve.

About to start True Detective before bed. Have a little tumbler of fresh orange to wash it all down.

How good was that fight scene

rvy

Banned

You guys don't get it. The Bundesliga is hellbent on becoming the premier league in the world.
The fact that their YT channel uses English commentators is telling enough.

If they had more 3 or 4 teams that could actually be contenders, they'd have a case. Unfortunately, they really only have 2 interesting teams, one being the best team in the world currently.

Maybe if Kipless tells his brotherhood that they should invest in the Bundesliga, it'd be a different story.

You guys don't get it. The Bundesliga is hellbent on becoming the premier league in the world.

If they had more 3 or 4 teams that could actually be contenders, they'd have a case. Unfortunately, they really only have 2 interesting teams, one being the best team in the world currently.

Maybe if Kipless tell his brotherhood that they should invest in the Bundesliga, it'd be a different story.

While I think Bayern Munich is amazing, the fact that they are nearly unstoppable makes me feel 'meh' about the league.

Same happened in F1, when Ferrari was by far the best team of the lot. I just stopped watching, and haven't since then.

Arnie

How good was that fight scene
One of the best on-screen fight scenes I can remember watching.

So fucking brutal.

The shooting by the allotment gave me Godfather vibes, too.

next season gonna be goooood

Maybe if Kipless tell his brotherhood that they should invest in the Bundesliga, it'd be a different story.
Two interesting teams is really pushing it.

One is, to be honest, because a team that's so far ahead of everyone else as a result of pure spending power and a malevolent need to greedily consume all the talent around them has killed off any competition at the upper on of the spectrum.

I don't even care to say 'fuck bayern' any more. I don't care about Bayern. I'd rather watch French football, Portuguese football, or even Russian football.

Elchele

Do you guys realize we're having the same stupid discussion after every european matchday?

With that serie are you guys replacing True Detective? :(

bud

these two games against bayern have proven that they're not amazing. honestly, i don't think they'll ever surpass pep's barcelona. after a while it just becomes a predictable sideways passing team. of course, they're very good, but they're missing that special someone.

it says it all when robben in a post-match interview says that arsenal were their first proper opponents in months.

Scum

these two games against bayern have proven that they're not amazing. honestly, i don't think they'll ever surpass pep's barcelona. after a while it just becomes a predictable sideways passing team. of course, they're very good, but they're missing that special someone.

it says it all when robben in a post-match interview says that arsenal were their first proper opponents in months.
R. Madrid should be their next opponents.

Wilbur

Banned
One of the best on-screen fight scenes I can remember watching.

So fucking brutal.

The shooting by the allotment gave me Godfather vibes, too.

next season gonna be goooood

Two interesting teams is really pushing it.

One is, to be honest, because a team that's so far ahead of everyone else as a result of pure spending power and a malevolent need to greedily consume all the talent around them has killed off any competition at the upper on of the spectrum.

I don't even care to say 'fuck bayern' any more. I don't care about Bayern. I'd rather watch French football, Portuguese football, or even Russian football.

Deadwood has my favourite on screen fight ever. It's fucking incredible.

Where did you get up to on that?

wedward

Yup, Pep's Barca are the greatest in my mind. People forget just how great they played and how beautiful it was to watch. Bayern will never reach that height because they don't have Messi, or anyone even close to him.

I'd love to see a fully fit Messi wreck Bayern.

Elchele

I don't think Pep knows how to play against other possession based teams, that's the main problem. We haven't played such a soulless matches in months, but seems like he can't figure out how to play against Arsenal, because he really thinks having more possession is the only way to win it.

Heynckes in contrast gave away possession against Barcelona last year, as part of his tactics, and ended up destroying them.

You're obviously judging Bayern by only the Arsenal matches, and I agree Bayern was very bad in both legs. But that is not how Pep's Bayern has been looking this year. It has been very fun to watch, actually, unlike the months prior to the winter break.

Then stop starting this stupid discussion?

I wasn't even home during the afternoon.
btw, you have become one of the most dumb posters here after your banning. don't know what happened to you

Let's say Klopp leaves Dortmund next year to replace a cunt manager in a rich club with a prestigious history. Would that somehow effects Bayern Munich standing in CL?

It's like having to play in the 2nd division for most of the year and only having a few matches with clubs that are comparable in strength.

rvy

Banned
I wish I didn't find it so boring to discuss football, because this is an interesting discussion. But whatever.

United should get rid of Moyes and hire Jesus. I'm telling you. Once players get past the "What the fuck is he trying to say?" stage, United would grow leaps and bounds tactically.
Too bad they're gonna take 2 seasons with him to get past that stage.

Hell, I have trouble understanding what he says and we speak the same language.

rvy

Banned
Jesus is great

He's really not, he's a piece of shit as a human being, Arrogant beyond belief. Stubborn to a fault. Thinks he's the greatest gift to mankind since fire.

As a manager, his faults as a human being get in the way of his job more than one would like but his teams are extremely competent, tactically speaking. He knows how to develop players.
Matic was a nobody when he came to us, plenty of potential, but nowhere near the level he's reached today. It's not a coincidence that Benfica has managed to remain relevant even though we lost major players every single season.

Whoever manages to nab him will have success if they can keep his ego in check. And teach him how to speak in a different language.

Elchele

He's really not, he's a piece of shit as a human being, Arrogant beyond belief. Stubborn to a fault. Thinks he's the greatest gift to mankind since fire.

As a manager, his faults as a human being get in the way of his job more than one would like but his teams are extremely competent, tactically speaking. He knows how to develop players.
Matic was a nobody when he came to us, plenty of potential, but nowhere near the level he's reached today. It's not a coincidence that Benfica has managed to remain relevant even though we lost major players every single season.

Whoever manages to nab him will have success if they can keep his ego in check. And teach him how to speak in a different language.

well, his name is Jesus!

Just saw Need for Speed, damn that film is a lot better than I expected!

is like Fast and Furious?

faridmon

People who are annoyed by ''Lol EPL'' are more annoying than the people who are proclaiming it. Just grow a fucking skin will ya?

I like EPL as much as the other guy, yet, take all those thing like its all like a big joke.

I wasn't even home during the afternoon.
btw, you have become one of the most dumb posters here after your banning. don't know what happened to you

That was uncalled for, as much as it pains me to see him as a Liverpool fan, Odd is one of the best, most respectable posters around. I don't know what riled up your feathers like that.

Yet you just did it... You're unbelievable idiotic, why couldn't you stay perma banned. Fuck this thread.

Calma, Wooden, Calma

Can't we all be friend?
and piss on Moyes' future career grave together
:(

GorillaJu

I don't even understand why the "best league" nonsense comes up after European games and not league games. People seem to be mistaking "best team" with "best league". I'm refraining from getting into why I like the PL because the discussion is tired but suffice to say, poor results abroad don't really have a bearing on the quality of the league itself.

best part of Jesus is the butchering of names.

last season we played Newcasten from the Premiershippen.

this year we played Tottham, with that fast winger Harry Leno.

tumblr_mjseetO9Kv1r4hsyyo1_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom