• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow the last few pages were hard to read.

Get over it already guys. Every league is shit.

English PL premfaces stop whining, how many times during the mid and late 2000s did people have to put up with "durr 18 English teams in the CL semifinals, so good. all da best playerz here. ur leage sucks". The Championship is boring shit every time I switch it on too, as are all the bottom 15 teams in the EPL.

Bundesliga babies, your league has 18 teams. 16 that no-one even knows exist. No they aren't good. They are shit teams which remind me of the Eredivisie(which is also another shit league).

Serie A is a 1 team league with some of the most boring as shit games, Juve will be winning that league for at least another season, most likely two. Worst part is, they will win it easily, yet they themselves suck ass. "Serie A teams don't try in Europa" is a shit excuse. Serie A teams get eliminated because they aren't good enough. Every other club in Europe advances with their B teams just fine.

La Liga is a fucking joke too. Literally 2 huge cunts stealing everyone's money. Most La Liga "fans" can't name 2 players from each team below 3rd on the table. Some didn't even know where Isco plays until he transferred. A disgrace, Bale's weekly wage is more than most teams paid for any player. Sickening. Their domination reminds me of Midtyland in Danish league.

Portuguese league, other than creating Ronaldo, Mourinho and winning the CL in 2004, has brought nothing to football in decades. Every team's dream now is to win the Europa League, says it all.

Russian PL is almost just as bad, seriously, what is the point of the league now that Loskov has retired and Anzhi sold the old man. Would rather watch Vicelich play passes with Winston Reid.

And how about that French league? Just kidding, no one cares. Doesn't even deserve to be bold/underlined.

/rant over

I will die for FootballGAFs sins. Remember me as a cu

so this is what being 59 years old is like...

I can't help but really like Sherwood. Jesus is a cunt

Eriksen is boss as well

Jesus > Sherwood

Jesus is the mastermind behind comedy gold while Sherwood is just the victim.

Al2D08n.gif

bjaelke

Reports in Spain have suggested Argentina will approach Barcelona’s Tata Martino to replace Alejandro Sabella after the World Cup.

Mundo Deportivo has claimed the Argentina Football Association (AFA) have identified Martino as the ideal candidate to replace Sabella, who was in Barcelona to meet with Martino and Barca’s Argentine players this week.
AVB to Barca all but confirmed

Thoughts for the day

1) Ony 2 days until Man Utd vs Liverpool, 'biggest' game of the PL season :D
shitting myself

2) The 'EPL is tha best' thing was never about having the best teams for me. The best team in the world hasn't arguably been an English one since what, Chelsea in 2006 maybe? And tbh, English teams are still great. All 4 FA Cup semifinalists are English

3) I wonder how much Spurs' £100m players are worth now on the transfer market

4) Jupp is worse than Kermit

5) Motherfucking Darks Souls 2 is in my possession!

6) Happy birthday Freewheelin'

7) Where do we stand on Spurs-Arsenal?

For me, if we win or draw, I want Spurs to win or draw. If we lose, I'm not sure what I'll want. Spurs should be further away than they are :(

i actually got it from Mou long before Jesus showed up.

397871_o.gif

i want Spurs to beat Arsenal obviously. hopefully Jesus fired up Spurs for the match. Tactics Tim gonna do it.

#DaskSoulsDowngrade
#YouLied
#BestPremierLeague
#SpursWin

Its a weird one with FROM. I'm disappointed in the downgrade, but I'm sure they had a good reason fot it. Clearly their skills lie in areas other than technical ones, so I assume they were just overambitious with the unveils and plans for the engine. The spanner in the works is the fact that the beta had the advanced lighting, but I imagine that vertical slice had much more attention paid to it and work put into it than the rest of the game.

I really hope it wasn't Namco having them make material that was always going to have a higher standard than the full game, and essentially trying to trick people into assuming that the full game would look as good. I doubt that was the case, since it would be a lot of time and money spent on a lie that would only actually trick a few thousand people, and risk a backlash.

Jack cw

Interesting how the media tries to manipulate Bayern now. As if they had anything to do with this.

Fishing for clicks.
Its pretty pathetic how german media tries to find something for a story at Bayern. Bundesliga is already decided, so they have to make up something from their asses. The funny thing is, that Bayern wont be affected at all by this. They werent last year when the tax evading was made public.

I love the media here. Leverkusen losing 2-1 to PSG with a rather poor performance and Bild and co. try to make them as the team that could beat Bayern but forget to mention any reasons why.

qindarka

Banned
2) The 'EPL is tha best' thing was never about having the best teams for me. The best team in the world hasn't arguably been an English one since what, Chelsea in 2006 maybe?
(

What about 2008, before the rise of Barca, United and Chelsea could justly be considered the top two teams in the world.

Blablurn

Fishing for clicks.
Its pretty pathetic how german media tries to find something for a story at Bayern. Bundesliga is already decided, so they have to make up something from their asses. The funny thing is, that Bayern wont be affected at all by this. They werent last year when the tax evading was made public.

I love the media here. Leverkusen losing 2-1 to PSG with a rather poor performance and Bild and co. try to make them as the team that could beat Bayern but forget to mention any reasons why.

If all, the whole Hoeness thing only makes us stronger. Just look at our Basketball team who beat Real Madrid yesterday :eek:

What about 2008, before the rise of Barca, United and Chelsea could justly be considered the top two teams in the world.

Could Chelsea in 2008? Man Utd battered the league that year playing wonderful football iirc, while you had a bit of a forgettable league season with an early managerial change

qindarka

Banned
Could Chelsea in 2008? Man Utd battered the league that year playing wonderful football iirc, while you had a bit of a forgettable league season with an early managerial change

We finished 2 points behind them, would have been behind only on GD if not for Bolton's last minute equaliser on the final day. Champions's League final was also obviously, very close.

Of course United had to be considered the best team in Europe at that point, winning a major league title and the Champion's League but Chelsea were probably a close second. Barca were in disarray, Spanish champions Real Madrid lost home and away to Roma, Italian champs Inter lost home and away to Liverpool and German champs Bayern were crushed by Zenit in the UEFA Cup.

We finished 2 points behind them, would have been behind only on GD if not for Bolton's last minute equaliser on the final day. Champions's League final was also obviously, very close.

Ah, thought the gap was much bigger than that. 07/08 was when Ronaldo became brutally efficient somewhat to the cost of his wonderful entertainment value (neither wonderful or entertaining to me at the time, but you know what I mean)

I'm still a little bitter about Ferdinand's blatant handball against Wigan tbh :p

qindarka

Banned
Ah, thought the gap was much bigger than that. 07/08 was when Ronaldo became brutally efficient somewhat to the cost of his wonderful entertainment value (neither wonderful or entertaining to me at the time, but you know what I mean)

I'm still a little bitter about Ferdinand's blatant handball against Wigan tbh :p

Have no idea about the Ferdinand handball, was barely following the other match after I saw United take the lead.

Chelsea really did fuck up the league that year, though. Last minute equalisers conceded to Everton, Villa, Wigan and Bolton, all at home too.

fuenf

He has more to hide and wants to avoid a longer sentence. I've already heard people spin it like that. Anyway, I think Stoiber seems (weirdly) more likely.

I could see Stoiber stepping in as an interim solutution before someone like Hopfner will be chosen by the members. Wont really matter anyways.

TeddyBoy

Poor Yesil...

I had no idea he would be out for the rest of the season.

:(

Was it confirmed today? It was rumoured a while back. With this being Yesils second big injury within about a year at his age, it means it's pretty unlikely he'll play for the Liverpool first team. He'll probably leave when his contract ends and return to Germany, quite sad really.

Have no idea about the Ferdinand handball, was barely following the other match after I saw United take the lead.

Chelsea really did fuck up the league that year, though. Last minute equalisers conceded to Everton, Villa, Wigan and Bolton, all at home too.

You mean like us this year?

Sigh.

qindarka

Banned
Some people on GAF really can't resist showing off how moral they are, can they?

I suppose it's an internet/human thing but it does seem more prevalent here.

Referring to Ronaldo thread over on OT.

Some people on GAF really can't resist showing off how moral they are, can they?

I suppose it's an internet/human thing but it does seem more prevalent here.

Referring to Ronaldo thread over on OT.

I don't really understand where he's coming from. It's like he's boasting about not boasting, which is essentially boasting²

Walshy

Some interesting things coming out of Tony Evans and Tony Barrett recently. These are:

- FSG are going to back Rodgers heavily next season with transfers.
- Sturridge was originally vetoed the summer prior to signing him. This caused the board to lose a little faith in Rodgers' transfers.
- Aspas and Alberto are not Rodgers signings.
- Rodgers wanted defenders last summer and was left disappointed when the transfer committee focus seemed to be on an attacker.
- Rodgers is negotiating a new deal. Very likely he asks for more control re. transfers.
- Club is desperate for a marquee signing in the summer.

Strange that Rodgers didnt want Aspas or Alberto yet we still pushed the deal through.

subtles

I just saw it on my timeline Teddy, I don't think any new information was released.

Jesus would probably be best at a club with different tactical options, I'd imagine Spurs or United would fancy his interest at the higher end of the table. Swansea or Southhampton would also be interesting.

I wonder which position the club is aiming for Walshy? (Marquee Signing)

Some interesting things coming out of Tony Evans and Tony Barrett recently. These are:

- FSG are going to back Rodgers heavily next season with transfers.
- Sturridge was originally vetoed the summer prior to signing him. This caused the board to lose a little faith in Rodgers' transfers.
- Aspas and Alberto are not Rodgers signings.
- Rodgers wanted defenders last summer and was left disappointed when the transfer committee focus seemed to be on an attacker.
- Rodgers is negotiating a new deal. Very likely he asks for more control re. transfers.
- Club is desperate for a marquee signing in the summer.

Strange that Rodgers didnt want Aspas or Alberto yet we still pushed the deal through.

I didn't even realise the transfer committee had that much power now, I thought they just gave the greenlight to Rodgers' proposed transfers and handles the negotiations. Odd that they spent so much on Allen and Borini if Rodgers was not trusted with transfers

Well deserved for the pair of them

subtles

It's a bit strange and I may be reading into this too much, but all of the players that were rumored to have been forced onto Rodgers are the players that have been finding very little opportunities.

Assaidi was even sent out on loan to the surprise of many coaches iirc.

Making a statement?

Those transfers happened before key members of the committee were brought in Hitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom