• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 times, the semi-final of the National Cup has two legs.

fuck, forgot about that. and there's the chance we might meet in the EL.

imagine United playing City 5 times in 2 months. City would score triple digits.

edit: i actually sent an email to see if i can get inFamous shipped early.

Hixx

I have a decision to make.

Dark Souls 2 or Ground Zeroes. And yea one has about 50 hours worth of content and then other has 5 if we're lucky.

Leaning towards MGS.

DS2 is fucking great. GREAT.

-

@tancredipalmeri 1m
I do confirm RvP's people made aware Wenger that he wants to be back,and that Wenger wants him back.Not only.A new update coming next days

tanc itk

subtles

I have a decision to make.

Dark Souls 2 or Ground Zeroes. And yea one has about 50 hours worth of content and then other has 5 if we're lucky.

Leaning towards MGS.
A friend of mine got it early and finished it in
two hours.
He said he would've finished it faster if he didn't do a bit of the side stuff.

@tancredipalmeri 1m
I do confirm RvP's people made aware Wenger that he wants to be back,and that Wenger wants him back.Not only.A new update coming next days

tanc itk

Why?

He'll be 31, and probably can stay as good as he is for only 1, 2 years with a MASSIVE wage per month to put.

Not to mention he's injury prone.

did you get the early "easy mode" weapons in DS2?

spoilers:

Fire Long Sword
Heide Knight Sword

they're in the first 45 minutes of the game.

Zabojnik

My only opinion on the game other than its difficulty is:

"Dark Souls 2 first impressions... it's good. Damn good."

Zabo pls

'Other than its difficulty.' It's kind of the point of DS, isn't it? :p

But don't mind me, I don't know what I'm talking about. Just killed the Gaping Dragon in DS, btw. Easiest boss so far. Like, pathetically easy. Dark Souls pls.

But don't mind me, I don't know what I'm talking about. Just killed the Gaping Dragon in DS, btw. Easiest boss so far. Like, pathetically easy. Dark Souls pls.

Zabo, did you know that you can (DS spoiler)
skip the Gaping Dragon all together? didn't even killed him the first time i finished the game.

Zabojnik

Zabo, did you know that you can (DS spoiler)
skip the Gaping Dragon all together? didn't even killed him the first time i finished the game.

No, I didn't. How could I? 90% of the BASIC info I get is from you guys, since they game doesn't bother explaining anything. I guess it's what makes DS what it is, but it's still fucking stupid. DS spoiler
I take it you can get to Blighttown without the key you get off the dragon?

Anyway, I can't be skipping bosses. Didn't even skip the Hellkite Dragon, who as I understand it isn't even an actual boss. :p

DS spoiler
I take it you can get to Blighttown without the key you get off the dragon?

Anyway, I can't be skipping bosses. Didn't even skip the Hellkite Dragon, who as I understand it isn't even an actual boss. :p

yes, you need to start with the Master Key gift.

also, you killed
Hellkite Dragon this soon? must've taken you ages. i went back before facing the final boss and took me like 5 hits to kill him.

Hixx

The bosses are too easy so far in DS2. No Capra Demon-esque early block.

Zabojnik

yes, you need to start with the Master Key gift.

also, you killed
Hellkite Dragon this soon? must've taken you ages. i went back before facing the final boss and took me like 5 hits to kill him.

He went down fairy quickly, actually. I discovered a really cheap way to kill him. And the drake sword I got off his tail (again, got it by shooting it with the bow from below like a true coward :p) is WAY overpowered at the beginning.

I'm getting MGS5 because I don't have the time to play Dark Souls 2.

Hell in fact I'm glad knowing some games just last 5, 6 hours long. I just don't have the time to suffer through a game.

Elchele

Uli Hoeness resignation letter:

After discussing the matter with my family I have decided to accept the judgment passed by Munich District Court (Landgericht) II regarding my tax affairs. I have instructed my legal representatives not to appeal the verdict. This corresponds to my understanding of integrity, decorum and personal responsibility. Evading tax was the biggest mistake of my life. I accept the consequences of this mistake.

Furthermore I hereby resign the offices of president of FC Bayern München e.V. and chairman of the FC Bayern München AG supervisory board with immediate effect. By doing so I wish to avert further damage to my club. FC Bayern München is my life’s work and will always remain so. I will continue to be associated with this magnificent club and its people in other ways for as long as I live.

I wish to thank from the heart my personal friends and all followers of FC Bayern München for your support.Uli Hoeneß

http://www.fcbayern.de/en/news/news/2014/uli-hoeness-statement-140314.php?&co_check=do

Who will replace him?

Zabojnik

I fucking HATE IT that you can't directly compare the stuff you're buying with the stuff you are currently equipped with in DS. Such a fucking basic thing to get wrong.

Elchele

Looks like the Adidas CEO will temporary replace Uli Hoeness, the elections for the new president will be held within the next 4 weeks

According to @FCBayern e.V.'s constitution, members to receive an invitation to emergency GM. Must take place within next 4 weeks.

In other words: Presidential elections for club members must take place within the next 4 weeks.

In a subsequent conference call the FC Bayern München AG supervisory board resolved the following:

- Herbert Hainer (59), adidas AG CEO and previously deputy chairman of the FC Bayern München AG supervisory board, is appointed chairman of the supervisory board, effective immediately and until further notice. This decision was unanimously approved by the supervisory board.

- Karl Hopfner (61), FC Bayern München eV senior vice-president and member of the FC Bayern München AG supervisory board, is appointed to the executive committee (Präsidialausschuss) of the supervisory board until further notice. This decision was also unanimously approved.

The entire FC Bayern München AG supervisory board thanks Uli Hoeneß for his exceptional endeavours on behalf of FC Bayern München over the last four decades.

I hope Karl Hopfner gets elected, or Rummenigge if he's even a candidate for the position.
just hope they don't elect Beckenbauer.

Blablurn

I'm really surprised the ADIDAS boss came out to help. Especially after hearing everywhere that companies might step back from Bayern. Obviously thats just media blabbering. Reputation might have suffered a little but the money still lies with Bayern. Especially right now with Pep and all the success of the last years.

faridmon

Sorry if I've ever made you feel unwelcome mate.

This will stick with me forever, isn't?
What have I done?

I am bloody tired. Haven't slept properly last night and kept waking up every hour afraid of being late for work and had a shitty day at work. Going to Worcester for a gid and tomorrow have to wake up early to travel to London and attend a Miyavi gig later on.

sigh

We are playing Cardiff tomorrow. Can we beat them properly, pls?

Apparently Roberto Martinez is being approached to become the next Arsenal manager at the end of Wenger's new two year deal.

What do arsenal GAF think of this?

L1NETT

Can't see Martinez myself. Good manager, prem experience, speaks well, honest bloke etc....

Similar things said about Moyes. No offence to Roberto but after the slump seen at United Arsenal should be going for a big name.

Happy Bday Free :)

What do Arsenal GAF think?
Personally, I think he's a really good manager. Inexperienced in Europe, but maybe he will come good if Everton get into Europe this season. His teams play attractive football and he has a good tactical mind. Not many managers could bring on Naismith and the team will then win :p

Thanks L1nett! I still hate you for knocking out us last season though :(

Elchele

Jupp, just stop it. Just... stop!

Stop Jupp, EPL is the best league. Just look at the Champions Le....just look at Europa Le...just look at Carling Cup. Only EPL teams.

Oh, c'mon.

Oh come on. Even Pepe Mel managed in that league.

My point is: Roberto Martínez is a decent coach, but I wouldn't replace Wenger with someone like him. Wenger with all his flaws, is one of the best coaches around

L1NETT

Stop Jupp, EPL is the best league. Just look at the Champions Le....just look at Europa Le...just look at Carling Cup. Only EPL teams.

lol

England has more EC/CL wins than germany therefore it's better derp derp.

youtube comment esque arguments :)

--

Don't want to start another page long wankery debate bout leagues, but agree everything Bumhead said. Strength of the leagues is a huge factor in the popularity of English football. Nowhere else can you get clubs the size of Wednesday, Forest, Leeds etc in 2nd tier football.

faridmon

What did this thread have turned out?

First of all, Martinez ain't leaving Everton. You are looking at someone who spend most of his career at Wigan where he could have gone to a bigger bump than that down the road.Second, Everton is only club that affirm his philosophy. NO other ''big'' club would give him the amount of control and freedom he has at Everton. Third, he doesn't have the experience to manage bigger teams such as Arsenal who happen to be tight on money and have high expectation while doing so. and four, his aim is to bring us CL football first. Can't we wait until then?

What do Arsenal GAF think, he said. The audacity...

faridmon

Personally, I think he's a really good manager. Inexperienced in Europe, but maybe he will come good if Everton get into Europe this season. His teams play attractive football and he has a good tactical mind. Not many managers could bring on Naismith and the team will then win :p

Thanks L1nett! I still hate you for knocking out us last season though :(

Maybe I am just tired...

Anyway, I am gonna answer you in a more civilised way and say that, he ain't going to Arsenal even if he gets fired from Everton after winning CL and the 2 domestic cups. He would rather go to a Spanish team (Like Barca lol) than any other English team

Also, he didn't win many match with Naismith, you are overrating him a bit there :p

Fuck Naismith

EDIT: I don't know what I am talking about anymore. Sorry, I am gonna ly dow nw!

Moyes wishes the same

Bir6oVeIAAArhPU.jpg

Feorax

Happy brithday FW, hope you're having a good one.

I've got one trophy left for FIFA now before the plat, gonna try and get it this weekend. Just need to find a club that can carry me and my shite pro to a single win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom