• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Seedorf doesn't want to defend Balotelli anymore, especially after what happened on Tuesday (shit performance + he was laughing like nothing happened when they landed in Milan a couple of days later).

Can't say that I'm surprised, Balo needs to grow up and if he has to watch the last 11 matches while on the bench then Seedorf should just do it, Pazzini and Petagna much better for this formation. I don't care if he doesn't make for the WC (unlikely but still possible), I don't think he has a lot of chances left, even counting other clubs, Arsenal included.

sohois

I didn't even realise the transfer committee had that much power now, I thought they just gave the greenlight to Rodgers' proposed transfers and handles the negotiations. Odd that they spent so much on Allen and Borini if Rodgers was not trusted with transfers

Well deserved for the pair of them

Allen and Borini came before Sturridge. There was a deal for Sturridge lined up at the end of Rodgers first transfer window that didn't go through.

Also, since it is constantly described as a committee, why wouldn't it operate like one i.e. Rodgers can be overruled if all the other committee members vote against him.

Walshy

I didn't even realise the transfer committee had that much power now, I thought they just gave the greenlight to Rodgers' proposed transfers and handles the negotiations. Odd that they spent so much on Allen and Borini if Rodgers was not trusted with transfers
Rodgers was originally trusted with transfers, but I think what Barrett and Evans are trying to say as there was question marks about Rodgers judgement. Sturridge was vetoed by Rodgers in the summer before we signed him, not by the committee.

Borini and Allen was already signed before the committee was formed.

It's a bit strange and I may be reading into this too much, but all of the players that were rumored to have been forced onto Rodgers are the players that have been finding very little opportunities.

Assaidi was even sent out on loan to the surprise of many coaches iirc.

Making a statement?

Those transfers happened before key members of the committee were brought in Hitch.
I think you may be onto something. It would explain Aspas's lack of game time, Texiera being favoured over Alberto and Assaidi facing limited opportunities last year.

I do think Rodgers needs to have the final say, but I do think the committee is needed. What is the point of bringing in players which your manager doesn't want? You'll end up in a situation like Spurs this year.

It's a bit strange and I may be reading into this too much, but all of the players that were rumored to have been forced onto Rodgers are the players that have been finding very little opportunities.

Assaidi was even sent out on loan to the surprise of many coaches iirc.

Making a statement?

Those transfers happened before key members of the committee were brought in Hitch.

Ah, cheers.

Given the lack of impact Allen and Borini had last year, I can kind of see why the committee was bought in. Hopefully they're a stop-gap while FSG figure out how much they can trust Rodgers to handle this stuff on his own.

It's easy to say 'the manager should control transfers' but there's too much at stake imo for Brendan to have been given that trust without earning it with us. At the moment he's making great strides in becoming the main man in all footballing aspects at the club. which should help us in our quest to become a well-oiled machine.

1) Impose yourself as someone the fans feel comfortable with in charge. Done
2) Make smart changes to the staff to better suit your vision. Done
3) Get the youth teams playing a similar system to the first team. Done
4) Take full control of targetting transfers, incoming and outgoing. In progress
5) Become Liverpool's Alex Ferguson. Inevitable.

Zabojnik

Apparently Seedorf doesn't want to defend Balotelli anymore, especially after what happened on Tuesday (shit performance + he was laughing like nothing happened when they landed in Milan a couple of days later).

Can't say that I'm surprised, Balo needs to grow up and if he has to watch the last 11 matches while on the bench then Seedorf should just do it, Pazzini and Petagna much better for this formation. I don't care if he doesn't make for the WC (unlikely but still possible), I don't think he has a lot of chances left, even counting other clubs, Arsenal included.

Frank must be gutted, Balo is his favourite player.

It's Cassano all over again, isn't it? People kept saying he needs to "grow up", but he never did. Some players just like to watch the world burn, I guess.

finally, in HQ glory:

imhJoGWSzje5z.gif

Frank must be gutted, Balo is his favourite player.

It's Cassano all over again, isn't it? People kept saying he needs to "grow up", but he never did. Some players just like to watch the world burn, I guess.
It's sad that Seedorf has to do it (and I agree that Mario is definitely our best player, I had great hopes for him), but at this point he has to try everything.

It's like Cassano, Pato, Gourcuff... Unlike those players, though, Balo is definitely much more under the spotlight everyday (the table tennis pic is the perfect example) and, being young and all, this distracts him too much. He probably likes that, though, so that's another thing that they'll have to work on.

bjaelke

ChelseaArmyCFC @ChelseaArmyCFC
Mourinho didn't lose at home & Top of the table.

Sam Allardyce wins the manager's. Congrats.

andy cfc scazza @andybecky79
@ChelseaArmyCFC get used to it he wont win it it will always be someone else for one reason or another #usagainsttheworld
u3gXqFK.gif

King_Moc

Banned
Those Chelsea tweets are serious? You've got all the oil money, you SHOULD be winning every game. Talk about a lack of perspective...

L1NETT

RIP Tony Benn. Not old enough to have seen him loads, but from what i've seen and read, a class act and politician. Rare breed.

---

Taking Back Sunday released a new album. They are still around then.

Why OPM?

The Sturridge interview on the official site will hopefully make up for it.

He'll announce that he's moving to Man Utd with immediate effect due to a contract loophole

March 14th will forever be known as 'The Day Everything Went Wrong'

Fuck you OPM. And fuck you OPM, the band.

subtles

He'll announce that he's moving to Man Utd with immediate effect due to a contract loophole

March 14th will forever be known as 'The Day Everything Went Wrong'

Fuck you OPM. And fuck you OPM, the band.
Did you read it?

I found the
mistakes recreated in training sessions
very interesting.

If i die before I wake

At least in heaven I can skate

Song and a half

I hate you. So much. And more.

@subtles, gonna read it now. Don't often read player interviews or even watch manager interviews now, they're largely predictable, by-numbers and bland. Enjoy reading Sturridge's though for some reason

edit: Where is it? Only getting some nonsense about James Bond

United has to beat Liverpool for the greater good.

gooners, if you lose to Spurs you lose a team that was beaten by Benfica (and Norwich). keep that in mind.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

gooners, if you lose to Spurs you lose a team that was beaten by Benfica (and Norwich). keep that in mind.

And if we lose to Arsenal we lose to a team that was beaten by Stoke and Aston Villa.

Our avatars are freaking me out :p

I'd love us to draw you in the CL next season (assuming we get there)

Were Spurs as comprehensively beaten as the scoreline suggests? Only caught the first 30 minutes

And if we lose to Arsenal we lose to a team that was beaten by Stoke and Aston Villa.

true.

shit, just looked at the calendar. 2nd leg of the Spurs match is inbetween 2 easy-ish games but then we face Porto 3 times in 1 and half months (League Cup, National Cup and League).

Were Spurs as comprehensively beaten as the scoreline suggests? Only caught the first 30 minutes

yes. matter of fact, 4-1 or 5-1 could've easily been the result and no one would contest it.

So for the first time ever, someone actually asked Arsene about the injury situation and why we pick up so many. The Boss says the club is analysing all avenues to see why it happens, including training and medical methods. I really hope he's not bullshitting.

Oh, and at least 2 more weeks for Ramsey. He's still got a recurring pain from that 4 week injury in December. Getting the best possible medical care though, I'm sure.

LegoArmo

Back when Ramsey was on 8 goals, someone asked, "how many goals could he end up with by the end of the season?!", I said 9. I hope he makes it.

Clegg

I have a decision to make.

Dark Souls 2 or Ground Zeroes. And yea one has about 50 hours worth of content and then other has 5 if we're lucky.

Leaning towards MGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom