• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Can't see Martinez myself. Good manager, prem experience, speaks well, honest bloke etc....

Similar things said about Moyes. No offence to Roberto but after the slump seen at United Arsenal should be going for a big name.

Happy Bday Free :)
Difference is though, Martinez has won something with a much lesser club. Still, the report is bullshit. Why on earth would we approach a manager 2 years ahead of time. And an unproven Martinez at that.

Hixx

Happy brithday FW, hope you're having a good one.

I've got one trophy left for FIFA now before the plat, gonna try and get it this weekend. Just need to find a club that can carry me and my shite pro to a single win.

ask quiche to help you out

Jack cw

I'm really surprised the ADIDAS boss came out to help. Especially after hearing everywhere that companies might step back from Bayern. Obviously thats just media blabbering. Reputation might have suffered a little but the money still lies with Bayern. Especially right now with Pep and all the success of the last years.

Bayern is the hottest club at the moment. Its healthy and has a fantastic youth and is free of debts. Adidas holds 8,33% of Bayern shares and its only logical that they support their home club. There are competent people there in Bayerns board.

sohois

He's the Mikel Arteta of coaches. Solid, reliable, hard working, but not world class.
solid? reliable? the guy who scraped past relegation each season with wigan before finally succumbing?

those are the last adjectives I'd use to describe the man. if you want to put him down through player comparisons, then someone who is style over substance would be much better. like Ben arfa or something

Scum

Ushoptimistic, y u do dis to urself? We're doomed. We'll finish this month's worth of football with no points gained and there'll be talk of Sherwood getting the sack by Sunday night/Monday morning.
And lol @ GamingGAF. They'll never learn.

Wilbur

Banned
Wow the last few pages were hard to read.

Get over it already guys. Every league is shit.

English PL premfaces stop whining, how many times during the mid and late 2000s did people have to put up with "durr 18 English teams in the CL semifinals, so good. all da best playerz here. ur leage sucks". The Championship is boring shit every time I switch it on too, as are all the bottom 15 teams in the EPL.

Bundesliga babies, your league has 18 teams. 16 that no-one even knows exist. No they aren't good. They are shit teams which remind me of the Eredivisie(which is also another shit league).

Serie A is a 1 team league with some of the most boring as shit games, Juve will be winning that league for at least another season, most likely two. Worst part is, they will win it easily, yet they themselves suck ass. "Serie A teams don't try in Europa" is a shit excuse. Serie A teams get eliminated because they aren't good enough. Every other club in Europe advances with their B teams just fine.

La Liga is a fucking joke too. Literally 2 huge cunts stealing everyone's money. Most La Liga "fans" can't name 2 players from each team below 3rd on the table. Some didn't even know where Isco plays until he transferred. A disgrace, Bale's weekly wage is more than most teams paid for any player. Sickening. Their domination reminds me of Midtyland in Danish league.

Portuguese league, other than creating Ronaldo, Mourinho and winning the CL in 2004, has brought nothing to football in decades. Every team's dream now is to win the Europa League, says it all.

Russian PL is almost just as bad, seriously, what is the point of the league now that Loskov has retired and Anzhi sold the old man. Would rather watch Vicelich play passes with Winston Reid.

And how about that French league? Just kidding, no one cares. Doesn't even deserve to be bold/underlined.

/rant over

I will die for FootballGAFs sins. Remember me as a cu

GOAT

Arnie

Some interesting things coming out of Tony Evans and Tony Barrett recently. These are:

- FSG are going to back Rodgers heavily next season with transfers.
- Sturridge was originally vetoed the summer prior to signing him. This caused the board to lose a little faith in Rodgers' transfers.
- Aspas and Alberto are not Rodgers signings.
- Rodgers wanted defenders last summer and was left disappointed when the transfer committee focus seemed to be on an attacker.
- Rodgers is negotiating a new deal. Very likely he asks for more control re. transfers.
- Club is desperate for a marquee signing in the summer.

Strange that Rodgers didnt want Aspas or Alberto yet we still pushed the deal through.
Go Brendan go.

New contract. His signings. FSG lumping on Brendan's battleship.

For the first time in half a decade I can't wait to go to Old Trafford.

@Milanello said:
Milan have sent an official offer to buy a part of the Expo 2015 area with the purpose of building a new stadium. #ForzaMilan

It's happening! I'm about to cry for a fucking stadium.

We're going to get Juve now.
Well, in like 5-6 years BUT STILL

Hixx

Fuck the fixture re-arrangements. Disgraceful.

They put City away between Chelsea away and Everton away.

So we play Chelsea on Saturday, City mid-week, then Everton the following Saturday. And they put WBA at home, which will be a huge match potentially deciding whether we stay up, mid-week on the LAST WEEK OF THE SEASON. How convenient for Sky. How inconvenient for my nerves.

Scum

So we play Chelsea on Saturday, City mid-week, then Everton the following Saturday. And they put WBA at home, which will be a huge match potentially deciding whether we stay up, mid-week on the LAST WEEK OF THE SEASON. How convenient for Sky. How inconvenient for my nerves.

Fuuuuuu!

rvy

Banned
cardozofuon2.gif

Cardozo was totally getting ready to smack the shit out of him.

Arnie

Have to say, I really enjoyed watching Benfica last night.

Think they'd do really well in the Premier League; like legit top four contenders (not title, though).

Have to say, I really enjoyed watching Benfica last night.

Think they'd do really well in the Premier League; like legit top four contenders (not title, though).

i knew you'd come around.

something to take from last night: no one even notices Matic isn't there anymore.

Wes

venison crêpe

Was it not the same for Wigan last year when they had to win away at Arsenal mid week to have any chance of staying up?

Elchele

Man, it has been raining since I woke up. Completely grey outside :/ and I had to do so many things today.

At least there's football later today

faridmon

Don't worry. You will beat us!

Since you ignored me first time, Free, I'll repeat my birthday wishes to you!

Hixx

Was it not the same for Wigan last year when they had to win away at Arsenal mid week to have any chance of staying up?

Maybe but that was because of the FA Cup Final, not the League Cup which is 2 months before it.

Don't worry. You will beat us!

Since you ignored me first time, Free, I'll repeat my birthday wishes to you!

Just remembered the Everton game is at home! Twice in a row after over a decade of hurt. Bit similar to our form against Newcastle... hmm.

TeddyBoy

Happy birthday Freewheelin'!

You play us midweek between Norwich and West Ham too, not ideal. I'm sorry Hixx, you are dead :'(

@Liverbros: Sunderland fixture is now between the Cardiff and Spurs match, not ideal. I'd like to be fully fit before facing Spurs.

Wilbur

Banned
Sunderland have to rely on three teams being shitter than them really. Fulham and West Brom are fucked. Norwich and Cardiff in danger as well.

faridmon

Just remembered the Everton game is at home! Twice in a row after over a decade of hurt. Bit similar to our form against Newcastle... hmm.

Well patterns are there to be broken. I am just happy we broke our abysmal record against Villa. Those are fuckers. I'll take a beating or two from you lot to actually stamp over those. Hate playing against Villa!

Hixx

Sunderland have to rely on three teams being shitter than them really. Fulham and West Brom are fucked. Norwich and Cardiff in danger as well.

pls

Palace
Cardiff
West Ham
Swansea
West Brom
Everton

all to come at home.

11 points

Norwich away.
Man United away.

4 points

Easy.

b3rWHTL.png

Wilbur

Banned
pls

Palace
Cardiff
West Ham
Swansea
West Brom
Everton

all to come at home.

11 points

Norwich away.
Man United away.

4 points

Easy.

b3rWHTL.png

Second from bottom of the table Sunderland are joint lowest Premier League goalscorers at home, with 13 goals. Three places and as many points above them in the table, but having played two games more, Crystal Palace are the lowest Premier League scorers away from home, with six goals. In a match that both sides will be as desperate not to lose as they are to win, you'd think the chances of a glut of goals are extremely slender. The best available odds of 11-8 against there being more than two seem extremely stingy and almost certainly worth avoiding, even if both teams end up bucking all the prevailing trends and delivering a seven-goal thriller.

Scum

Can someone do me a big favour please? I want this...

zknS7MG.png

...as an avatar. Even better if you can sneak in the Spurs emblem too.

Hixx

Second from bottom of the table Sunderland are joint lowest Premier League goalscorers at home, with 13 goals. Three places and as many points above them in the table, but having played two games more, Crystal Palace are the lowest Premier League scorers away from home, with six goals. In a match that both sides will be as desperate not to lose as they are to win, you'd think the chances of a glut of goals are extremely slender. The best available odds of 11-8 against there being more than two seem extremely stingy and almost certainly worth avoiding, even if both teams end up bucking all the prevailing trends and delivering a seven-goal thriller.

If we don't win tomorrow we will go down 100% but we will win.

Nah don't wanna waste that precious space in my hard drive. Yeah for infamous

Discs fully install anyway.

Also Gameseek are good, got my DS2 from them.

Scum

Wait. You are a Tottenham fan? :lol

Go back to Bayern, Jupp. You're drunk.

If no one else does it properly before I get home I'll do it. Just the guy? Just the head?

Just the guy or a small version of the whole thing if possible. Thanks. :D

Thanks for the birthday messages guys! About to go to a Harvester for dinner, FUCK YES.

Also, anyone ordered from Gameseek before? Any good?

Enjoy the feast!

Barzul

Wenger: "Özil is out for a minimum of 3 weeks, a maximum of 6 weeks - let's say 4 weeks." It's gonna be 6 weeks.

Happy Birthday Freewheelin!

Wilbur

Banned
I think it's relatively amusing that good coaching from Brendan is actually attributed to God smiling down on Django.

Doesn't annoy me, just as an atheist I find it funny.

faridmon

odd to see a modern footballer worship anything but money innit.

only excessive religiousness unsettles me.

Yeah, me too, if they try it too hard to show it though. I really don't mind. I actually find it actually endearing to see that some footballers adhere to their family tradition and belief despite earning the big bucks. Bottom line is; Humans are gonna human!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom