• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

only excessive religiousness unsettles me.

wut

Who gives a monkeys what they believe in. Couldn't give a hoot if Aaron Mcclean prayed to the sun, Carlin esque. He's a footballer, not a preacher.

--

Tons of footballers are right religious. Demba Ba is, Cisse is and a bunch of the young english up and comers and good christian boys.

Elchele

Not even with the teams in the lower half of the table? I don't see why he couldn't.

If you were a relegation side president, would you give him a job after Wigan got relegated under his coaching? I wouldn't. I think he's ok, he does his job alright, but he isn't anything special. But surely he's not even near the level of a candidate to replace someone like Wenger.

Great coaches are able to potentiate his players/team, that's what modern football is all about. Kind of what Rodgers has done in Liverpool, and what Klopp, Tuchel, Weinzierl have done in the Bundesliga

faridmon

If you were a relegation side president, would you give him a job after Wigan got relegated under his coaching? I wouldn't. I think he's ok, he does his job alright, but he isn't anything special. But surely he's not even near the level of a candidate to replace someone like Wenger.

Great coaches are able to potentiate his players/team, that's what modern football is all about.

Jupp, do you even watch PL?

Salvadora

wut

Who gives a monkeys what they believe in. Couldn't give a hoot if Aaron Mcclean prayed to the sun, Carlin esque. He's a footballer, not a preacher.
Excessive religiousness in my mind would be pushing your views on others (among other things).

Doesn't particularly apply to football, that. Just my personal views on the matter.

Elchele

I think what I mean is clear. Martinez is no longer at Wigan.

Great coaches can shine in the shittiest team. That's what modern tactics are all about, if you're great, you're great with any team.

I watched Liverpool - Everton like a month ago. That's all I have seen from Everton this season

faridmon

Great coaches can shine in the shittiest team. That's what modern tactics are all about, if you're great, you're great with any team.

I watched Liverpool - Everton like a month ago. That's all I have seen from Everton this season

Then you don't watch EPL. That's all I wanted to know.

Wilbur

Banned
Let's see where Martinez is in five years. Probably still at Everton, probably still finishing seventh, probably still winning nothing.

image.php

faridmon

It's a local power metal band, unknown to the world, but it was fairly good.

Cool. Yeah, those are the best! I am gonna see this local West Midlands band whom are Power duo in few hours. I doubt there will be mosh pits though.

Although, Eagulls had one and their gig was amazing.

GorillaJu

Seriously the second time you posted this, so what if he's religious. Would you rather he got banned for racism etc or caught sleeping with his team mates wives, whats the problem

It's either you're obnoxiously religious or you're a cheater and a racist. Rock solid logic.

arkon

Great coaches are able to potentiate his players/team, that's what modern football is all about. Kind of what Rodgers has done in Liverpool, and what Klopp, Tuchel, Weinzierl have done in the Bundesliga

I don't see why not. You have other coaches in the lower half of the table who have been relieved of their duties for poor performances elsewhere and in some cases involved in relegations with their teams. Martinez also did a good job at Swansea, getting them up into the championship from league one.

Salvadora

Let's see where Martinez is in five years. Probably still at Everton, probably still finishing seventh, probably still winning nothing.
When did you get so bitter about Everton Wilbs :looooool.

Think it's too early for a judgement on Martinez. Give him a couple of years to make it his own squad and we'll see.

Wilbur

Banned

Think it's too early for a judgement on Martinez. Give him a couple of years to make it his own squad and we'll see.

I'm not bitter, just confused by the media narrative spiel praising his every move.

faridmon

Willbur must be bitter about getting Moyes. That is what bitterness does do you. jealousy, envy and over all be cranky as usual without making sense. I have made points about Martinez, but I have no choice but to treat your futile nonsense as white noise from now on. Thankfully I am quite accustomed to that.

Elchele

I don't see why not. You have other coaches in the lower half of the table who have been relieved of their duties for poor performances elsewhere and in some cases involved in relegations with their teams. Martinez also did a good job at Swansea, getting them up into the championship from league one.

No, of course. But I saw his Wigan side for years and I didn't see anything great/special in Martínez in all those years.

I think, a bit like Wenger inheriting Adams et al then failing to find a truly great replacement defence again, I wouldn't trust Martinez to improve the playing personnel (particularly the defenders he has) in this Everton team from this year to next.

Wilbur

Banned
Willbur must be bitter about getting Moyes. That is what bitterness does do you. jealousy, envy and over all be cranky as usual without making sense. I have made points about Martinez, but I have no choice but to treat your futile nonsense as white noise from now on. Thankfully I am quite accustomed to that.

The irony of you calling something anyone else posts white noise... loooooooool

Why in the name of all that is living tomfuckery would I be jealous of Roberto Martinez being your manager? I think he's good, but no better than our current one. So... no, I'm not jealous.

arkon

No, of course. But I saw his Wigan side for years and I didn't see anything great/special in Martínez in all those years.

Oh, yeah. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying he's anything special. Like I don't think he's gonna end up at Barca in a few years (sorry, faridmon!). I just feel like some club in the lower half of la liga would take a punt on him.

Jarnet87

Moyes said in his presser that Rafael got hurt and he may be ready for Liverpool. In b4 Smalling at RB, which means Valencia on the right, which means Young on the left, which means Cleverly in the middle.

ibbaRRaKnKXTRp.gif

faridmon

I think, a bit like Wenger inheriting Adams et al then failing to find a truly great replacement defence again, I wouldn't trust Martinez to improve the playing personnel (particularly the defenders he has) in this Everton team from this year to next.

To be fair, the defenders we had had been trained vigorously to accommodate Moyes' style of Football. So you are right, he would not improve this particular playing personnel in this Everton side, this fast if at all.

That is why he have been playing Stones and Alcaraz in the defence so often.

Salvadora

I'm not bitter, just confused by the media narrative spiel praising his every move.
I think you're completely right in terms of there being a lot revisionism regarding Moyes' time at Everton and, on the other hand, Martinez being a media darling for little reason, really.
I think we all saw the defensive fragility of Wigan.

Dave Whelan seems like a canny enough operator, so maybe Martinez will have some support there. Still, it's the big question mark over Martinez as a manager.

Edit: oh fuck lol, I'm confusing Dave Whelan for Everton's owner :looooooooooooooooooooool

Wilbur

Banned
Faridmon, did you not see Wigan's defence? Alcaraz was pretty average there.

Moyes said in his presser that Rafael got hurt and he may be ready for Liverpool. In b4 Smalling at RB, which means Valencia on the right, which means Young on the left, which means Cleverly in the middle.

ibbaRRaKnKXTRp.gif

Smalling RB, Vidic and Jones at CB

Hopefully he sticks with Adnan and Mata. If he reverts back to Valencia and Young I'll never have faith he'll lose his innate ability for defence for the big matches. This and the Olympiakos game are big acid tests for me as to whether I'm prepared to give him a chance to learn.

GorillaJu

Martinez is a one-game-plan manager who refuses to do anything but his specific style of play. He's the perfect replacement for Wenger.

L1NETT

Excessive religiousness in my mind would be pushing your views on others (among other things).

Doesn't particularly apply to football, that. Just my personal views on the matter.

Surely it's the same on the opposite side of the fence. Fundamentalist anything is poopy.

Anyways lets not turn this into Big Questions. Dawkins will rock up soon.

--

Big game tomorrow vs the Gills. COME ON CITY

Off to H+M for a summer clothes shop, right nice today.

operon

It's either you're obnoxiously religious or you're a cheater and a racist. Rock solid logic.

I wasn't saying it was a choice between either but it's a strange thing to be so worried about or wishing that he wasn't so religious big deal if he is, he scores lot of goals and he doesn't need the fan to defends bad behaviour win win all round in my eyes.

Wilbur

Banned
Martinez is a one-game-plan manager who refuses to do anything but his specific style of play. He's the perfect replacement for Wenger.

When he carries on his bollocks like "I'd rather lose playing well than draw playing poorly" as if he's managing an under eights academy side, that pisses me off.

Scum

World Soccer Magazine

"Who will play in midfield?" - Spain

Mata, Carzola, Fabregas, Silva, Pedro, Isco, Thiago, Iniesta, Navas.

God-fucking-damn! O.O

operon

When wenger sees them drop out of the top 4 he'll be the ideal replacement with the right experience since Arsenal won't get back into champions league

Salvadora

World Soccer Magazine

"Who will play in midfield?" - Spain

Mata, Carzola, Fabregas, Silva, Pedro, Isco, Thiago, Iniesta, Navas.

God-fucking-damn! O.O
I imagine Mata will either be overlooked or not/underplayed.

It should be like that for Silva, but it won't
When wenger sees them drop out of the top 4 he'll be the ideal replacement with the right experience since Arsenal won't get back into champions league
Steady on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom