• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quinn and Townsend combo please.

ijNmzFrSfSTvc.gif

GorillaJu

I was saying it was a choice between either but it's a strange thing to be so worried about or wishing that he was so religious big deal if he is, he scores lot of goals and he doesn't need the fan to defends bad behaviour win win all round in my eyes.

It's not a strange thing to be concerned about. Bringing unrelated belief systems into football is strange. Citing belief in God as a reason for being a talented multi-millionaire, while people are dying in poverty for their belief in that same God a few thousand miles away is absurdly vain.

Arnie

I think it's relatively amusing that good coaching from Brendan is actually attributed to God smiling down on Django.

Doesn't annoy me, just as an atheist I find it funny.
Aye.

Even funnier when Kieron Richardson's pulling off his shirt and sucking God's dick after scoring a goal, only to go on to lose 3-2. How do you explain that one, Kieron? Did God think "I'll let Kieron score a goal but ultimately he doesn't deserve any points."

And your assessment of Martinez is bang on.

Complete charlatan.

FootballFan

World Soccer Magazine

"Who will play in midfield?" - Spain

Mata, Carzola, Fabregas, Silva, Pedro, Isco, Thiago, Iniesta, Navas.

God-fucking-damn! O.O

I'd use:

---Iniesta--Busquets--Thiago---

You can put whoever you like as the front 3. That team will go to the WC final but lose to Brazil.

FootballFan

Aye.

Even funnier when Kieron Richardson's pulling off his shirt and sucking God's dick after scoring a goal, only to go on to lose 3-2. How do you explain that one, Kieron? Did God think "I'll let Kieron score a goal but ultimately he doesn't deserve any points."

Complete charlatan.

m8 u r delusional if u think God follows the EPL. Always been more of a Eredivisie supporter, shows all the flaws of humanity.

Wilbur

Banned
It's not a strange thing to be concerned about. Bringing unrelated belief systems into football is strange. Citing belief in God as a reason for being a talented multi-millionaire, while people are dying in poverty for their belief in that same God a few thousand miles away is absurdly vain.

Aye.

Complete charlatan.

Absolutely agree with you both. Don't want to get into a religious debate, but yeah you're both entirely accurate.

Arnie

So Brenden didn't want Sturridge, Iago or Aspas, who are his signings? Mig, Allen, Toure, Borini, cissoko?
He wanted Django.

He wanted Coutinho.

He wanted Mig.

He wanted Sakho.

He did not want the pair of average Spaniards who're struggling for game time.

Luckily when he gets his new contract he'll get more control.

And we'll make even larger strides.

arkon

No he wanted Django, the board didn't want him. And Iago and Aspas is the same person

Pls
Wedward

Didn't Walshy say it was Brendan that vetoed the Sturridge signing the summer before they got him? That's why the board lost faith in his transfers?

wedward

I thought he said the board vetoed it first time around

I don't know

I'm confused

I remember reading something in here last week that said Brendan vetoed the deal and wasn't too keen on Sturridge.

It's Moyesaurus training methods, I just know it.

This isn't an isolated incident, it's every season. To pretty much everybody. And don't get me started on this 'sickness' that everyone at Arsenal has came down with throughout the season.

It really is incredible how many players we are missing right now.

Ramsey, Ozil and Theo are probably our 3 best players.

Wilshere is a pretty important piece to our squad. Gibbs and Monreal, same position.

They have got to get if figured out. It's inexcusable that we are going to be missing our best player for 3 months, second best player for 6 weeks and third best player for 6 months.

What could have been...

Wilbur

Banned
"Their league position suggests they are ahead of us and they possibly do come here favourites," he said.

"Liverpool are having a very good season and we have to do everything we possibly can to beat them."

moyes is gonna start tony and ashley i know it

wedward

God I hope you win.

Please RVP. Do it for me. And the little boy.

John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror 4h
Wenger completes 1,000 games next week. Fergie most successful, Mourinho most outrageous but argument for Wenger as best pound for pound.

GET IN

God I hope you win.

Please RVP. Do it for me. And the little boy.

John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror 4h
Wenger completes 1,000 games next week. Fergie most successful, Mourinho most outrageous but argument for Wenger as best pound for pound.

GET IN

I can't...

Net spend...

Best mates...

4th place trophies...

help

Of course he is. Moyes is awful, he can spend 300m in summer and we will still be playing like shit. When he was hired I thought he might be a good fit, but he can't instill fear in the players, he has no genius tactical plans and has found no way to motivate anybody around him.

When you offer explanations like, "We should have won", "I don't know what else to do" it's time to pack up and get the fuck out of Old Trafford.

Wilbur

Banned
Barney Ronay has written a wonderful article on that amazing little cunt, Xavi - http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/mar/14/xavi-barcelona-champions-league-spain

on this occasion Joleon Lescott, who despite an excellent showing by City overall seemed to be constantly flailing around in the vague vicinity of the ball at the Camp Nou, going about his business with all the assured defensive control of a drunken farmer who has just fallen off his tractor and is now engaged in thrashing about in the dark looking for his hat, glasses askew, ankles tangled in chicken wire.

Wilbur

Banned
Arnie recording messages walking around London at three in the morning muttering Iago Aspas and then ringing me for directions will always live long in my memories

Yes.

Asspas.

If I worry about Suso getting in this team my hopes for Alberto are fairly low.

Aspas, however, is gone in the summer.

Strange situation with Suso, it's like the unexpectedly good season we're having (and change of fomation) has kind of fucked over his chances of imposing himself on the team next year.

Not sure there's room in the front 3 for a player with no real pace (he has a brilliant turn of pace, but it tops out pretty quickly)

Maybe he, Coutinho and Henderson could vie for the spot behind them. Or maybe he's defensively strong and astute enough to play ahead of Gerrard and behind the AM

Arnie

Arnie recording messages walking around London at three in the morning muttering Iago Aspas and then ringing me for directions will always live long in my memories
That was a glorious evening.

Christ.

I was off my bean.

I honestly thought I was going to be killed by some Hackney drug dealer.
Strange situation with Suso, it's like the unexpectedly good season we're having (and change of fomation) has kind of fucked over his chances of imposing himself on the team next year.

Not sure there's room in the front 3 for a player with no real pace (he has a brilliant turn of pace, but it tops out pretty quickly)

Maybe he, Coutinho and Henderson could vie for the spot behind them. Or maybe he's defensively strong and astute enough to play ahead of Gerrard and behind the AM
If Suso can learn to drive at full pace with the ball he'll be just fine as an attacking element of our midfield. That's the most crucial aspect of his game he needs to hone in order to contribute next season.

He needs to run at full speed with the ball glued to his feet and his head up.

Yen

Just saw RVP says he wants a new contract like two weeks after Rooney gets £300,000… *leo nicholson impression*

Also, nearly knocked myself out earlier, whacked my head off the luggage compartment. Bled all the home :lol

Just saw RVP says he wants a new contract like two weeks after Rooney gets £300,000… *leo nicholson impression*

Also, nearly knocked myself out earlier, whacked my head off the luggage compartment. Bled all the home :lol

Go to hospital, you may have severed your grammatia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom