• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

jPeWuFrXOsAr7.jpg

que

giphy.gif

He's been our best and most consistent centre back.

He's only played 13 games.

Sakho's been better this season than Vidic. Sterling, Rooney, Suarez, Sturridge front four and henderson/gerrard holding R U MAD

Coutinho has not been better than Sterling. If you want the team to make sense why have two #10s in Rooney and Coutinho when you can have a wide player playing better than one of those #10s? It doesn't make sense to have Rooney out wide either when he doesn't play there for United and it doesn't make sense to shift out Sturridge or Suarez out wide to make room for Rppmey who hasn't been better than those two.

I would have Sakho before Vidic for sure. He looks like a complete shit house most of the time. That he was the best United player against Olympaikos was just sad.

hiroshawn

Banned
Infamous looks very pwetty, and the gameplay looks more interesting than the limited stuff they have shown us (can't blame em for that tbh).

Oh and finished Thief. Not a patch on Deus Ex HR (as in reviving an older franchise) but a completely ok game. Interesting if rather small environments with decent AI and serviceable stealth gameplay. On harder difficulties its pretty enjoyable. Story is hot garbage, I mean molten hot garbage but it's fine. The game is fine. Don't understand the hugely negative feelings towards it.

---

Playing Micromillions, gonna be a late one for me. Plenty of redbull and nonsense on here should be keep me going :)

Link to video?

subtles

Sakho over Vidic.

Mata over Rooney considering the way we play and how integral Sturridge and Suarez are. A player like Mata would take a bit of the creative burden off Suarez who is often forced wide to make things happen.

The pick between Sterling and Coutinho would then hinge on whether Mata will be played wide or brought in the middle.

If you guys don't want Vidic, just put Evans in there who has outperformed Vidic.

He's also played about 11 more games than Sakho in a shit side that has conceded fewer goals than Liverpool.

subtles

If you guys don't want Vidic, just put Evans in there who has outperformed Vidic.

He's also played about 11 more games than Sakho in a shit side that has conceded fewer goals than Liverpool.

You really have to watch Sakho to see what he brings to the side. Not only has he been our best CB, but on his first day of training he broke our training equipment. The man's a beast.

You really have to watch Sakho to see what he brings to the side. Not only has he been our best CB, but on his first day of training he broke our training equipment. The man's a beast.

I'm basing my preference over him on the amount of playing time. Evans has been pretty good aside from the Hull fuck up and his distribution has been really good this season. Aside from his performances he has played far more than Sakho.

If we were just basing the starting 11 on just quality I would have Carrick over Gerrard at this point in time, and RVP over Sturridge. The reality is that this season has been a down year for Carrick and Sturridge has been better than RVP this season.

This has nothing to do with me not rating Sakho or something like that. He's obviously going to be better than Evans, and probably is currently (on the defensive side of the game), but I'm not going to give him the nod over Evans for this season's performances taking everything into account.

Yen

I'd have Sakho over most (all?) of the United CBs on the basis that he is a better player than them, regardless of who has played the more games.

GorillaJu

Damn damn damn

I fell asleep at about 35 mins into the Villa game thinking "Villa look good for a win here but it's gonna be too sad when Chelsea eventually score a couple."

Wake up and it turns out Qindarka was right.

subtles

Kagawa would be better at Liverpool. He would be so much better at the top 4 teams ;_;

I would take Kagawa in a heartbeat. There's a great player somewhere in there that needs a run of games in an intelligent, movement focused, technical side.

If United were to go in that direction I could see him being a success for you.

I'm basing my preference over him on the amount of playing time. Evans has been pretty good aside from the Hull fuck up and his distribution has been really good this season. Aside from his performances he has played far more than Sakho.

If we were just basing the starting 11 on just quality I would have Carrick over Gerrard at this point in time, and RVP over Sturridge. The reality is that this season has been a down year for Carrick and Sturridge has been better than RVP this season.

This has nothing to do with me not rating Sakho or something like that. He's obviously going to be better than Evans, and probably is currently (on the defensive side of the game), but I'm not going to give him the nod over Evans for this season's performances taking everything into account.

I'm talking specifically about the games he's played this season for us, as he just came in the summer. I used the equipment point to illustrate his sheer physicality for someone who doesn't have the opportunity to watch him as consistently as we do. If Henderson played half as many games as Cleverley I would still pick Jordan because of his performances + dimension he would bring to the side.

If we were including City in this debate for example, I would have Aguero in the team despite how crocked he's been, as his performances when fit and his goal scoring ratios would warrant it.

GorillaJu

Has Sakho been that good though in the games he's played? I think Skrtel is our best CB at the moment. He seems to read the game well and is fantastic in the air.

I actually agree with the Utd fans I just haven't seen enough Sakho at LFC to claim that he's the best CB between us two clubs.

subtles

Has Sakho been that good though in the games he's played? I think Skrtel is our best CB at the moment. He seems to read the game well and is fantastic in the air.

I actually agree with the Utd fans I just haven't seen enough Sakho at LFC to claim that he's the best CB between us two clubs.

There are some statistics I'll try and find again that show the average number of minutes it takes for us to concede with him in the side, Sakho not being booked at all this season, the duels/balls he's won compared to our other CBs and how efficient he's been on turnovers. etc.

Not to mention the mistakes.

I would take Kagawa in a heartbeat. There's a great player somewhere in there that needs a run of games in an intelligent, movement focused, technical side.

If United were to go in that direction I could see him being a success for you.

I'm talking specifically about the games he's played this season for us, as he just came in the summer. I used the equipment point to illustrate his sheer physicality for someone who doesn't have the opportunity to watch him as consistently as we do. If Henderson played half as many games as Cleverley I would still pick Jordan because of his performances + dimension he would bring to the side.

If we were including City in this debate for example, I would have Aguero in the team despite how crocked he's been, as his performances when fit and his goal scoring ratios would warrant it.

There's a big difference between Aguero and Sakho as he has played 28 games and has scored 26 goals. Cleverley if he had played more than Henderson wouldn't deserve being picked ahead due to how utterly shit he has been.

Evans has been great for United this season and has played 24 games. There isn't much difference between him and Sakho. Some of you guys are acting like Sakho is prime Vidic and Evans is old Rio.

My mistake was picking Vidic over Sakho. Vidic has looked shit the past 1 1/2 months. He was really good before that besides like two fuck ups.

I know you usually turn of Unted games before half time, but if you watch the start of the second half they usually announce substitutions.

You just made that up.

But anyways why would they pay attention to an opposition player that whose contribution was non-existent in the first half then trotted off (or didn't even come out?) in the second half?

Linius

You just made that up.

But anyways why would they pay attention to an opposition player that whose contribution was non-existent in the first half then trotted off (or didn't even come out?) in the second half?

Well they probably announced why Özil was subbed on TV. So if a Bayern fan was actually watching the game he could have known why Özil is still hanging out in München.

Well they probably announced why Özil was subbed on TV. So if a Bayern fan was actually watching the game he could have known why Özil is still hanging out in München.

No I know that but I would say I'm reasonably attentive when I watch football matches and I rarely remember/pay attention to the reason for which an opposition player gets subbed unless they go off on a stretcher or something (did Ozil?).

wedward

You just made that up.

Because Ozil is Arsenal's best player. He had a bad first half. If I were a bayern fan I would wonder why he was coming off, bad or good half.

Stop playing dumb.

Wilbur

Banned
Good article on the Mail about Powell losing his job; focuses on the struggles at Charlton, the owner trying to get him to pick players and the reduced wage bill, and not his race.

Linius

No I know that but I would say I'm reasonably attentive when I watch football matches and I rarely remember/pay attention to the reason for which an opposition player gets subbed unless they go off on a stretcher or something (did Ozil?).

Could be just me, but when my club plays a big game (like in the CL) I usually know when one of the key players from the opposing team is subbed off because he's injured. Even though özil apparently was invisible during the game he's still one of the most important Arsenal players on the pitch. But in irrelevant league games against small clubs I don't pay that kind of attention to the opposing teams players either.

subtles

You have something against his beautiful face or what?

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/ln/20130515/150513_man_utd_awards/jonny-evans-helen-mcconnell-manchester-united-player-of_3665383.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I would really like to ask her what she sees in him. I feel sorry every time I lay eyes on that smug facade for all the players he went into only to get them sent off.

Watching Evans play is like being mounted on a shit stained stake, wishing you died not because of the excruciating agony but because of the shit fumes filling up your nostrils.

subtles

I couldn't find it Morsel, I should have fav' the tweet back when I read it. (December) Fair enough, we have the rest of the season to assess hopefully.

That weird tea Suarez always drinks, I found it hilarious that Sturridge couldn't explain where it's from.

GorillaJu

I couldn't find it Morsel, I should have fav' the tweet back when I read it. (December) Fair enough, we have the rest of the season to assess hopefully.

That weird tea Suarez always drinks, I found it hilarious that Sturridge couldn't explain where it's from.

I've had it before a few times. It tastes "grassy" and it supposedly gives you a very minor buzz but I didn't feel differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom