• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Can't believe I'm rooting for a United win, but it has to be done. Especially after yesterday's shit result. I guess I'd take a draw.

I am betting on a draw as the most likely result. United always play well against us at Old Trafford.

Then again, Arsenal had our number at Anfield and we haven't won at WHL in a minute either and we reversed those fortunes pretty easily.

Game could go either way. As in most big games I just want a good positive performance and no injuries. A win at OT is a big ask.

Shitting myself

On the one hand, this is the feeling that makes football worth watching

On the other, this is the feeling that will take years off my life. I fucking hate
these matches at the time, they're only enjoyable in hindsight :p

edit: Incy wincy spidye why

@nawz, we try not to say things like that on here btw.

confuziz

Banned
4ef4f6ce-99ff-4109-ab6a-837e7514e6f6_14380315EZ11616_600x399.jpg

7 wins in a row

2nd place would be a dream.

You know it's a big match when you get butterflies in your stomach. Fuck knows how the players feel, especially Gerrard. Even with his experience, this may well be his last chance to win the title for his boyhood team, having seen us relentlessly flung from our perch.

I think I'd both vomit and shit myself at the same time when walking onto the pitch :p

Are Leverkusen 8 games without a win now?

Linius

4ef4f6ce-99ff-4109-ab6a-837e7514e6f6_14380315EZ11616_600x399.jpg

7 wins in a row

2nd place would be a dream.

I'm glad you guys didn't bottle it at the moment I needed a PSV win. Vitesses defending was awful the first half and Piet helped you guys out nicely. Penalty wasn't a pen either. Second half was for Vitesse, but they didn't produce that many 100% chances with the posession they had.

Now it's up to us. We need this win today. After that we're only three wins away from the title.

confuziz

Banned
I'm glad you guys didn't bottle it at the moment I needed a PSV win. Vitesses defending was awful the first half and Piet helped you guys out nicely. Penalty wasn't a pen either. Second half was for Vitesse, but they didn't produce that many 100% chances with the posession they had.

Now it's up to us. We need this win today. After that we're only three wins away from the title.

You really didn't need the PSV win. It's just 'uitstel van executie' at this point ^^

GorillaJu

You know it's a big match when you get butterflies in your stomach. Fuck knows how the players feel, especially Gerrard. Even with his experience, this may well be his last chance to win the title for his boyhood team, having seen us relentlessly flung from our perch.

I think I'd both vomit and shit myself at the same time when walking onto the pitch :p

Are Leverkusen 8 games without a win now?

Guys like Gerrard have played so many football games over the years that I don't think they get nervous for league games like these. Probably way more interesting to them as players and they'd love the big occasions.

This isn't at all our biggest game of the remainder of the season though. It'd be great if we won it, but the ones that really matter are Chelsea and City at home.

Nineteen Eighty-Four is really good so far. Only 20 pages in, but can tell it will be a cracker.

Orwell comes across a bit creepy with his dated descriptions of women, sex and the Jewish already, but the book was written over 65 years ago :p

@Odd, I feel like this is the springboard though. Win, and precious momentum continues. Lose, and it's a huge dent that I'm not sure we'll quite recover from with so few games left. If City had failed to win yesterday it would have given us some decent room for error today, but alas, a Chelsea loss alone will have to do :p

A lot depends on Arsenal's game too. If we lose, I won't want to watch that game unfortunately, NLD's are normally fun.

LTWheels

Such a lovely day today. Sort of wish we weren't playing, want to go and enjoy the sun.

Oh there is a full page interview with Coutinho in the Times today, gonna sit down and read it.

Linius

You really didn't need the PSV win. It's just 'uitstel van executie' at this point ^^

With Vitesse away and Twente at home still to go I could see us botteling and let Vitesse close in on three points or worse. You just never know what happens. If we can get that nine point gap today I'm less worried.

Yeah paper. Not really much to it.

About him liking the city, learning his new position as a number 10

I find it odd that it's a new position to him, when everything about his skillset implies to me that he should have been playing in the middle when possible from the start of his career

Yen

It will be interesting to see whether Rodgers plays the 433 that served us all for most of the season (with Coutinho in midfield), or will he play 4312 with Allen in midfield and Coutinho as number 10. My only worry is Mata, Rooney, RVP and their willingness to drop deep so Rodgers may see an extra body in midfield to be necessary.

GorillaJu

Everyone is so nervous.

To calm it down, here's a picture of Joe Allen with massive black cock.

Bi2E7kQIMAEyMMt.jpg

God damn that cock is massive. Look at how he tries to handle it gracefully but it's just a big mess and he has to use both hands and cradle it. I'd be smiling if I had a cock that huge too.

sohois

I'm almost literally shitting myself today. Not because I'm worried about the match or anything, but I've suddenly been struck with some major indigestion. Worst fucking time for it as well. I was quite looking forward to an early Sunday kick off.

GorillaJu

I actually had fish and chips today at a restaurant here. It was surprisingly good. Expensive in Japan though - all foreign novelty foods are.

Miss type. Mean changing from an 10 to 8.

I would watch a Sunday morning cooking show with Allen as the presenter.

Ah right. He's been surprisingly adept at the role with regards to tracking back and getting stuck in. Don't have a clue what's going on with his passing though, simple passes are going straight to the opposition's feet way too often this season. Him and Suarez need to spend a couple of days on the training pitch trying to build up some kind of understanding as well. Suarez is never gonna run off the shoulder as often as Sturridge does, but they could combine much more than they do.

Sterling/Suarez and Coutinho/Sturridge is great, but imagine if all 4 combined with one another regularly

It's way too early for hayfever to hit, surely? Left eye's just become itchy as fuck.

It's not early in some places. Hay fever is in full swing here, hitcher.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thought I had another couple of months. Hope the tablets work for good and don't become less effective as time goes on. Never appreciated how much it ruins summer before I started getting it a couple of years ago :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom