• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

danwarb

Manchester United have scored only 18 goals at home in the PL this season, the same number as Fulham have managed.

ibhXurMV2yTzth.gif

iA1S7dn62Q3Kk.png

Oh wow this is true. Spurs are even worse though with 16 at WHL.

Thats probably true :/ Man U has not a bad squad at all. Just needs the right coach. And it just doesn't work with Moyes. It didnt work in the beginning of the season, neither does it now. If this would be a German team, beating Olympiacos would probably be the last chance to prevent getting fired.

When Bayern struggled some years ago we fired the coach (Magath) because reaching the Champions League was in danger. The theme back then was "a team like bayern must play in the cl. there is no other chance."

Don't you guys think Man U should think the same? If a coach cannot even make it to the CL with a team like ManU he is just not acceptable anymore. And right now it doesn't even look like he can make it into the Europa League. Moyes is not worthy to be ManUs coach. Fuck 5 or 6 years contracts, fuck the chosen one slogans. its champions league or bust. there shouldnt be another way.

I absolutely agree.

We have a mental problem at United born of Fergie's success. We think giving a manager more time will cure everything because we did with Fergie and he went on to win everything.

We're therefore very reluctant to get rid of Moyes because of some batshit insane romantic notion that it's the right thing to do to give him more time even though he's clearly fucking wank.

Tc91

Don't you guys think Man U should think the same? If a coach cannot even make it to the CL with a team like ManU he is just not acceptable anymore. And right now it doesn't even look like he can make it into the Europa League. Moyes is not worthy to be ManUs coach. Fuck 5 or 6 years contracts, fuck the chosen one slogans. its champions league or bust. there shouldnt be another way.

We should but we won't because of how it went with Ferguson. We will give Moyes time even though it will turn out to be the wrong decision.

Jimmy Lumsden and co would knock all of that tiki taka shit out of them and get them playing direct up the channels in no time.

Can you imagine.

You're 7th.

You've just been battered.

By Liverpool.

Confidence is on the floor.

You're reeling.

Arnie's wanking.

Shinji is crying.

Rooney is eating.

You wake up.

Push yourself into the shower.

Get dressed in your best tracksuit.

Get in the car.

Put the radio on.

All the phone ins are slamming you.

You get to training.

And this is what you see:

David+Moyes+Jimmy+Lumsden+Manchester+United+GMqF1WocZU2l.jpg

Scum

Thats probably true :/ Man U has not a bad squad at all. Just needs the right coach. And it just doesn't work with Moyes. It didnt work in the beginning of the season, neither does it now. If this would be a German team, beating Olympiacos would probably be the last chance to prevent getting fired.

When Bayern struggled some years ago we fired the coach (Magath) because reaching the Champions League was in danger. The theme back then was "a team like bayern must play in the cl. there is no other chance."

Well, whatever the Board plans to do, they should do it quick because there's a good chance it will take a long fucking time for them to get back into the CL football if they miss out.

Blablurn

I absolutely agree.

We have a mental problem at United born of Fergie's success. We think giving a manager more time will cure everything because we did with Fergie and he went on to win everything.

We're therefore very reluctant to get rid of Moyes because of some batshit insane romantic notion that it's the right thing to do to give him more time even though he's clearly fucking wank.

Romatic thinking is good because there is not much anymore in todays football. But as you guys probably know the problem already started with getting Moyes in the first place. He didnt win anything in his career, nor did he made any significant steps in europe. just because he is scottish like fergie doesn't mean he deserves the romantic treatment some people mention.

lets say you would have gotten the same result with a experienced coach i would say that person deserves more of this romantic thinking of "give him a chance" than a person who fuckin reached nothing in his career.

wonder if you get what i mean. moyes just doesnt deserve this treatment.

Salvadora

Well, whatever the Board plans to do, they should do it quick because there's a good chance it will take a long fucking time for them to get back into the CL football if they miss out.
The teams above them won't stand still either.

Arsenal and Chelsea will buy forwards, City will buy CB(s), Liverpool will splurge on fullbacks/midfield, Spurs will change manager.

Blablurn

Sell RVP. Sell Kagawa. Buy a winger. Buy a CM

------Rooney
Adnan Mata Winger
---Fellaini CM

Gonna be tough to get world class players without CL. Even Liverpool might be able to attract better players with the new style they are offering. Attractive fast football, im sure money is available too and champions league should help too.

it wont get easier for man u to get big players. dont forget that city and chelsea might be the first clubs big people might talk to.

wedward

Gonna be tough to get world class players without CL. Even Liverpool might be able to attract better players with the new style they are offering. Attractive fast football, im sure money is available too and champions league should help too.

it wont get easier for man u to get big players. dont forget that city and chelsea might be the first clubs big people might talk to.

Kroos will come.

Can you imagine.

You're 7th.

By Liverpool.

You're reeling.

Arnie's wanking.

Shinji is crying.

Rooney is eating.

You wake up.

Get in the car.

Put the radio on.

You get to training.

I can't...

I'm so close to breaking. I swear this is karma for having Fergie all these years.

Feorax

Arsenal and Chelsea will buy forwards, City will buy CB(s), Liverpool will splurge on fullbacks/midfield, Spurs will change manager.

I'd take a bet at least 2 of those 4 teams will splurge on players they don't need, and neglect area that are weak.

Seems to happen every summer.

Scum

Exactly. Hell, there's Everton as well, who could just make things even more difficult. You end up with 5-6 teams vying for four spots.

dc89

Can you imagine.

You're 7th.

By Liverpool.

You're reeling.

Arnie's wanking.

Shinji is crying.

Rooney is eating.

You wake up.

Get in the car.

Put the radio on.

You get to training.

/ded

I can't...

I'm so close to breaking. I swear this is karma for having Fergie all these years.

Remember that song!?

"This is how it feels to be City. This is how it feels to be small. This is how it feels when your team win nothing at all"

the scales have been tipped.

jesalr

I really want to finish 5th. We don't have to take the Europa seriously next season if we don't want to but our second string will waltz through the group stage. Depending on how the league is going it may be that taking Europa knockouts seriously is our route to the CL.

To finish 7th with our run-in we would basically have to give up, that isn't going to help us develop.
That and the EL is a legit route into the CL next year. I wonder what happens if a team already in the CL wins it though.

Clegg

I actually agreed with the Moyes' decision to bring in some of his own staff. He needed his own men to consolidate his position. But I never imagined they'd be this incompetent.

Feorax

Our next 3 fixtures are Cardiff (A), Sunderland (H), Spurs (H).

All of them are very winnable, and 9pts from those 3 would mean we break the 70pt mark at the beginning of April with 6 games to go, including City and Chelsea at home.

If we get to that point, I'll genuinely start believing we can win the thing.

Elchele

you're pulling a fry, innit? :/

why? :lol
always had a soft spot for Freiburg, and surely don't want them to get relegated. Augsburg I just enjoy watching them play under their new coach.

but I only support Bayern

He should have waited for Brendan in the summer Arnie. Now it's about Isco and Reus. :p

and Firmino!

Firmino has 19 goals and 12 assists in 24 games.

That's just mad.

dat Firmino. Hoffenheim have the best scouts, shame the rest of the club is shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom