• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.
That and the EL is a legit route into the CL next year. I wonder what happens if a team already in the CL wins it though.

Losing finalist I'd assume. And then I guess the place won't be used. UEFA are also making the Champions League winners 'exempt qualifiers' like Liverpool were. Meaning that what happened to Spurs won't happen from next year onward.

danwarb

Missed it at first. Another Jones-face:
05.jpg

Clegg

Carrick is a bigger problem in midfield than Fellaini. He's having as poor a season as I can remember him ever having for us.

jesalr

Losing finalist I'd assume. And then I guess the place won't be used. UEFA are also making the Champions League winners 'exempt qualifiers' like Liverpool were. Meaning that what happened to Spurs won't happen from next year onward.
Makes sense that it'd only happen to us.

Clear cut penalty not given to Genoa. Dat Juve stadium atmosphere, we need some of that.

Why is 3-5-2 so popular in Serie A but not so much in other leagues?

Because every team sits back and plays counterattacks. 3-5-2 is perfect for that strategy. Even Juve, the clear frontrunners, played catenaccio against us, a shitty midtable squad.

ShogunX

PSG fans are fast turning in to the twats we see at Goodison. HANDBALL, FOUL!!! BOOOOOO, PENALTY.

Take a breath and calm down you bunch of glory hunting bastards (Doesn't apply to everybody in the stadium).

Elchele

Why is 3-5-2 so popular in Serie A but not so much in other leagues?

each league has some kind of default formation

Bundesliga 4-2-3-1
Serie A 3-5-2
La Liga 4-3-3
EPL 4-4-1-1 (?)
Eredivise 4-3-3

I guess the best teams start using it, and the rest just copy them
Having said that, any formation with a 3 back line would be a nightmare for me. I can barely stand any formation aside from 4-2-3-1 (perfect balance).

Bundesliga 4-2-3-1
Serie A 3-5-2
La Liga 4-3-3
EPL 4-4-1-1 (?)
Eredivise 4-3-3

Having said that, any formation with a 3 back line would be a nightmare for me. I can barely stand any formation aside from 4-2-3-1 (perfect balance).

4-2-3-1 only works if you have the right players. I agree that it is the best formation in principle, but Seedorf has been trying it with our slow, shitty squad with absolutely laughable results.

K1LLER7

It's a fad.

Clear cut penalty not given to Genoa. Dat Juve stadium atmosphere, we need some of that.

Because every team sits back and plays counterattacks. 3-5-2 is perfect for that strategy. Even Juve, the clear frontrunners, played catenaccio against us, a shitty midtable squad.
#MidtableBros ;_;

I want Moyes to try a 3-5-2.

Bundesliga 4-2-3-1
Serie A 3-5-2
La Liga 4-3-3
EPL 4-4-1-1 (?)
Eredivise 4-3-3

True. Think a 4-2-3-1 is definitely becoming popular in most leagues now.

Pogba is Juve's best midfielder this game. Fergie why

ibbaRRaKnKXTRp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom