• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtles

Damn it Dan. I still remember how open the game was during the 1-6. In contrast United today really sat back towards the end. It's like the belief that Fergie gave them was torn out of their hearts.

Lucas Leiva completed more passes (18) after coming on as a sub in the 86th min than the entire Man Utd side (16) managed during that period.

tumblr_inline_n28j8tofnB1rh9npg.gif

I just want to use the Gif.

Feorax

No way we'd pay Torres wages, and there's no way he'd come back and accept being behind Sturridge.

He'll be shipped off to some mid table team in Italy or Spain come the summer, and then his ghost will finally disappear into obscurity.

“First and foremost, I wanted the performance. We got that but we didn’t get the result,” Sherwood told BBC Sport.

“The fans won’t be happy with that but anyone who has seen that performance will know we didn’t deserve to lose.

“We were better than them. We played well, on the front foot and defended together.

“The goal was a wonder-strike, I’m willing him [Rosicky] to shoot from there but he sticks it right in the top corner. There’s nothing we can do about that.

“But no one can say that we deserved to lose that game.”

images

ShogunX

Torres has looked shite ever since he lost his pace through injuries. It must eat him up in side that he will never ever get back to the form he once had and so we are left with a shell of a once great player.

He's not good enough to play for us anymore, we simply don't need him and he couldn't offer us anything different to what we already have a better version of. He needs to go back to Spain.

Feorax

Torres has looked shite ever since he lost his pace through injuries. It must eat him up in side that he will never ever get back to the form he once had and so we are left with a shell of a once great player.

He's not good enough to play for us anymore, we simply don't need him and he couldn't offer us anything different to what we already have a better version of. He needs to go back to Spain.

Bold statement time.

It seems (to me) right now that Sturridge is at least as good as Torres was for us at his peak. It's only because he's English and because Suarez is here that the comparisons aren't being drawn.

TeddyBoy

Bold statement time.

It seems (to me) right now that Sturridge is at least as good as Torres was for us at his peak. It's only because he's English and because Suarez is here that the comparisons aren't being drawn.

That isn't a bold statement. Stats wise Sturridge is at least equal to Torres' goals per game and I think might be slightly ahead. Like you said, having Suarez also does cast a little shadow over Sturridge which is unfortunate as he's a really great player for us.

Bold statement time.

Wasn't there a stat that Sturridge was matching or bettering Torres' minutes per goal ratio for us? And he's not even the focal point of the attack like Torres was and not got Gerrard constantly feeding him like Torres had. Suarez and Sturridge do set each other up, but they're also greedy for goals and shoot more than pass. Danny want's to get closer to Suarez' golden boot this season too, hence why he's been shooting instead of passing more recently I think. Luis is only 7 goals ahead with 9 games to go, and the way we play Danny must think he can catch him.

Sturridge would be worshiped in any other side. But with Suarez he has to settle for being like David Villa with Messi. Thing is, Sturridge is young enough to get even better. Suarez didn't hit his peak until he was 26-27. Sturridge is 24 right?

He really needs a song.

Manzepi

Neo Member
looool

Lucas has been great when he's played this season, what are you even talking about?
Very limited player so far, always run straight, dribbling way too much for absolute zero results, a great lack of vision in the game...

But yeah he's always better than Menez at least

mellz

Very limited player so far, always run straight, dribbling way too much for absolute zero results, a great lack of vision in the game...

But yeah he's always better than Menez at least

Don't agree. He has 3 goals + 9 assists (3rd in L1) this season in the league.

Into

PPPIIIIIIIIIIRLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Thats you win a game, buy playing shit, saving a pen, and scoring on a free kick WOOOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom