• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceCold

SmugWaryHochstettersfrog.gif

It's a shame that Quaresma isn't as disciplined as he is skillful.

Mastadon

Banned
Match of the Day ‏@BBCMOTD now
Liverpool have scored 48 first half goals in the Premier League this season, two more than Manchester United have in total #LFC #MUFC #MOTD

TadkV.gif

Clegg

Neville made a good point about the lack of pace of our front four. Only Januzaj really trys to get behind defenders and even then he's not the quickest. But a lack of pace can be made up for by having well structured attacking patterns. There's none of that at United. We have three very good players and an amazing prospect as our four attackers and they aren't functioning like they should. There's a major fault somewhere. They aren't being aided by midfield but they should still be doing so much better.

LTWheels

The talk about the selfless runs in behind is something that Henderson never ever gets credit for. He constantly makes those runs from midfield to get behind the defence. This then creates space for Suarez as defenders drop to try and cover Henderson.

Salvadora

Neville made a good point about the lack of pace of our front four. Only Januzaj really trys to get behind defenders and even then he's not the quickest. But a lack of pace can be made up for by having well structured attacking patterns. There's none of that at United. We have three very good players and an amazing prospect as our four attackers and they aren't functioning like they should. There's a major fault somewhere. They aren't being aided by midfield but they should still be doing so much better.
That could be solved by buying someone like, say, Aaron Lennon.

K1LLER7

Fellani over Valencia in that midfield 4. Need somebody to run around who'll actually put his foot in.

Also, Kagawa over Adnan. He needs a rest imo. Did okay in the second half when moved to the right. Hopefully he gets a bit of weight on him over the next season.

Blablurn

im so jealous about students who only need to do a colloquium after their bachelor paper. my degree has a 4 hour long exam instead. 10 questions and one essay. they give you two topics and you have to learn everything about it. teacher said for a good grade you should write at least 8 or 10 pages. without notes :/

right now, im just stuffing a shitton of information into my head. at least i could write about 8 to 12 pages about chinese competition law (of course it will depend on the exam question). i also need to learn the chinese law of property which is even more stupid.

its basically about saving two complete thesis's in your head. its just annoying but i hope it works out. i got 9 more days. should be enough.

edit: and the laws are ridiculous.

made by the state, and yet local state bureaus give a fuck about it which leads to a shitton of corruption :D

TrueBlue

Just got back from London and saw the scores. Wow, worst possible weekend football wise for Chelsea. Gonna be difficult to bounce back on Saturday.

Still though, what a league. Any of the top four could win it. This is the kind of thing that makes football worth it. Really exciting times.

Scum

Fellani over Valencia in that midfield 4. Need somebody to run around who'll actually put his foot in.

Also, Kagawa over Adnan. He needs a rest imo. Did okay in the second half when moved to the right. Hopefully he gets a bit of weight on him over the next season.

Remove Rooney from the equation. RVP up top, Adnan on the left, Mata on the right, Kagawa#10. Mata & Adnan on "Switch positions". All three in front of Carrick and Felliani.

K1LLER7

Remove Rooney from the equation. RVP up top, Adnan on the left, Mata on the right, Kagawa#10. Mata & Adnan on "Switch positions". All three in front of Carrick and Felliani.
Rooney will never be dropped :(

Rumours on twitter of a United board meeting tomorrow. Doubt it though.

Also, RedIssue saying Moyes has lost the dressing room and Giggs.

Mastadon

Banned
Rooney will never be dropped :(

Rumours on twitter of a United board meeting tomorrow. Dount it though.

Also, RedIssue saying Moyes has lost the dressing room and Giggs.

Is there any disputing that at this point? It's incredibly obvious that they aren't playing for him.

Mandzukic to Chelsea according to The Sun?

I could see that happen.

Don't trust the sun one bit, but it seems likely he will leave Bayern, no? If he isn't too expensive then why not. Him and Lukaku could be a pretty good duo and exactly the kind of striker Mou likes, Chelsea's biggest flaw this season is that none of the forwards are particularly good in the box getting crosses.

TrueBlue

Don't trust the sun one bit, but it seems likely he will leave Bayern, no? If he isn't too expensive then why not. Him and Lukaku could be a pretty good duo and exactly the kind of striker Mou likes, Chelsea's biggest flaw this season is that none of the forwards are particularly good in the box getting crosses.

Lukaku
Mandzukic or Costa
Bamford

Will never happen.

Blablurn

Mandzukic costs around 20-25m according to newspapers. With Bayern he proved that he can work in a modern team. Means I can see him playing with guys like Hazard and Schürrle. And if nothing else works he can always rely on his great header skills. theoretically he could work in chelsea.

it depends if he will compete with lewa or not.

K1LLER7

Is there any disputing that at this point? It's incredibly obvious that they aren't playing for him.
Many just don't care anymore.

This season is done. Get him out asap. Find a replacement, and if possible, let them use the end of this season to work with the team and then the summer to get what players they want.

However, many top managers won't be available at the moment.

Mastadon

Banned
My favourite tweet of the day:

Paul Boyham @PaulBoyham
Against good teams, John Flanagan decides to be the best full back ever.

Also, Linda Pizzuti fucking loves a good clean sheet.

Wilbur

Banned
Seriously, just fucking throw a 100m transfer kitty at Klopp and triple his wages. Say "look, you're never going to finish above second ever again at Dortmund, everyone's leaving every five minutes, Manchester has a stunning array of restaurants"

Mandzukic costs around 20-25m according to newspapers. With Bayern he proved that he can work in a modern team. Means I can see him playing with guys like Hazard and Schürrle. And if nothing else works he can always rely on his great header skills. theoretically he could work in chelsea.

it depends if he will compete with lewa or not.

25mil is an awful lot for a 28 year old though. But I'm not against it, better to use the money on that than yet another useless winger like Salah or Moses.

Seriously, just fucking throw a 100m transfer kitty at Klopp and triple his wages. Say "look, you're never going to finish above second ever again at Dortmund, everyone's leaving every five minutes, Manchester has a stunning array of restaurants"

"Oh yeah and we got this lazy twat Rooney we signed up for the remainder of his career... and our squad is kind of fucked in all kinds of way, sorry, fix it please".

K1LLER7

But he has to bring Gunderz and Reusey with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom