• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikro

Neo Member
Barcelona already called BS on the Tata leaving at the end of the season rumors. Who could replace him?

I dunno if these rumours are crap or not, but to me Martino looks like a temporary replacement and they are going to try for a new manager next year.

I'll put up a suggestion, I think they might get Wenger. He is being quite noncommittal whenever he's asked about his new contract, just sort of repeating 'I always honour my contracts' etc. He clearly has an obsession with winning the champions league so he always prioritises it, with Barca he would have a definite shot of winning it. He would get to work with Messi, who's probably going to go down as the greatest player ever.

If Arsenal win the FA cup, he can say he's left with winning a trophy, guided us through the initial period of the emirates rebuild, always keeping us in the top 4, that he's always had these chances when at Arsenal but has been loyal to us but just wants this last chance etc etc. Similar to Henry I would view it.

There's probably negatives, Barca might want a long term appointment, might want someone familiar with Barcelona etc.He could sign a new contract soon, but I thought I would throw this out there.

Successful in the sense that we won the league, but the cracks that started to show seasons ago(i.e. mid-field, backline) were the most prevalent last season, regardless of outcome.

EDIT: Now with a new manager it's magnified.

It's not that what hurts though.

It's just how lifeless this team is. What happened yesterday was a disgrace. We rolled over. Absolutely unacceptable and that's what hurts.

You can allow a poor team. But giving up is just not on.

Salvadora

I dunno if these rumours are crap or not, but to me Martino looks like a temporary replacement and they are going to try for a new manager next year.

I'll put up a suggestion, I think they might get Wenger. He is being quite noncommittal whenever he's asked about his new contract, just sort of repeating 'I always honour my contracts' etc. He clearly has an obsession with winning the champions league so he always prioritises it, with Barca he would have a definite shot of winning it. He would get to work with Messi, who's probably going to go down as the greatest player ever.

If Arsenal win the FA cup, he can say he's left with winning a trophy, guided us through the initial period of the emirates rebuild, always keeping us in the top 4, that he's always had these chances when at Arsenal but has been loyal to us but just wants this last chance etc etc. Similar to Henry I would view it.

There's probably negatives, Barca might want a long term appointment, might want someone familiar with Barcelona etc.He could sign a new contract soon, but I thought I would throw this out there.
While I don't think what you've said is wrong, I don't think Wenger would be so duplicitous if he was going to leave at the end of his current contract.

Would hurt Arsenal.

Barzul

Nah mate Wenger has already signed that new contract. He will want to win the league before he leaves Arsenal. He wants to beat the oil clubs.

Wilbur vs Farid is my favourite beef in this thread.

Remember when United used to fight with other top teams? Yeah we all do, but in 10 years time, all the kids will remember is them having fights with Everton supporters, as an natural outcome of them fighting for the same Europa League spot.

Nah mate Wenger has already signed that new contract. He will want to win the league before he leaves Arsenal. He wants to beat the oil clubs.

Arsenal are an oil club too.

Just a different type of oil.

johnsons-baby-oil.jpg

Slizz

It's not that what hurts though.

It's just how lifeless this team is. What happened yesterday was a disgrace. We rolled over. Absolutely unacceptable and that's what hurts.

You can allow a poor team. But giving up is just not on.

It's compounded with Moyes 'strategy' and 'tactics' in football.

Hard to have the passion when everything you're told to do is essentially illogical to what you've previously been doing. Footballers might be stupid but I'm sure a good chunk can grasp concepts and apply them on the pitch and hearing Moyes garbage must be discouraging.

EDIT: I'm now positive Nani can grasp no footballing concepts no matter how archaic. You'd think an 82 cross game is begging for a Nani.

subtles

Remember when United used to fight with other top teams? Yeah we all do, but in 10 years time, all the kids will remember is them having fights with Everton supporters, as an natural outcome of them fighting for the same Europa League spot.

:lol

David Moyes will be held in the same regard as he was at Everton. A proper manager working on a shoestring budget, who needs one of the bigger jobs in Football.

Meier

I just love how insane the United fans are going during (not even after!) one bad season in so many years. They have no idea how lucky they have it. If these fans had to deal with how up and down American sports teams fortunes can be, they'd probably die.

So much vitriol for Moyes in that blog post linked above, lol.

wedward

Of course not, as we all know, but it's good muppet material innit.

If we buy another player similar to Ozil (ability wise) i'll be ecstatic.

Gazidis has already confirmed that Wenger has extended. I think he wants to win with a club he helped build, not inherit a title winning squad.

wedward

I just love how insane the United fans are going during (not even after!) one bad season in so many years. They have no idea how lucky they have it. If these fans had to deal with how up and down American sports teams fortunes can be, they'd probably die.

Yup, I think it's why 10 years without a trophy for Arsenal isn't really a big deal for me.

The basketball team I follow went 13 years without a playoff appearance.

The 49ers and Giants have had huge periods of being total garbage.

Highs and lows.

Slizz

Yeah, in relation to the other teams we support our football teams are probably the easiest to support.... Don't you dare bring up the Heat on me.

American sports are fundamentally different.

Had a proper shit end to the evening, punched by one of my best mates, drew blood. Happy St Patrick's Day.

Can't be as bad a broken back, can it.

Sorry to hear :(

Wilbur

Banned
American teams also switch state and location and have new players completely every five minutes due to drafts

so

ok

Had a proper shit end to the evening, punched by one of my best mates, drew blood. Happy St Patrick's Day.

Why are you always getting hurt baby :(

wedward

American teams also switch state and location and have new players completely every five minutes due to drafts

so

ok

No, moving is rare. Especially now. I don't see how that changes things though. Sounds like most people here support teams that aren't local.

rvy

Banned
The ass was fat.

Awwww yeah.

Rodrigo is gonna get some wet pussy tonight.

Rodrigo don't leave, Russia has shit weather and their fans are fake as fuck. Look at Witselfie and Hulk, they cry themselves to sleep every night when they remember that they play for that shit oil team Zenit.

Wilbur

Banned
No, moving is rare. Especially now. I don't see how that changes things though. Sounds like most people here support teams that aren't local.

Yeah but there's a difference between me supporting a club that isn't local and a club that might be more local one season than it is the other

wedward

Yeah but there's a difference between me supporting a club that isn't local and a club that might be more local one season than it is the other

Again, this is incredibly rare.

And if your team does move it's not like you can no longer support them.

I don't really see how it changes what Meier said though.

Supporting a team is supporting a team. If you spend a large amount of your free time watching that team you are going to want them to win, and when they don't it is painful. No matter the sport.

Elchele

Wilbur

Banned
I farted on the train and an old man looked up from his paper, eyebrow like Ancelotti

This is it

The end

The very end

It all comes down to a fight between me and the oldest man in the world

If I die

Tell Shinji I loved him

Again, this is incredibly rare.

And if your team does move it's not like you can no longer support them.

I don't really see how it changes what Meier said though.

Supporting a team is supporting a team. If you spend a large amount of your free time watching that team you are going to want them to win, and when they don't it is painful. No matter the sport.

It is different.

There is a different culture around soccer than there is with American Football.

The sports are structured so differently in such fundamental ways that what you expect from your club can be very different.

That's not to say United fans aren't spoilt. They are. But the comparison to US sports isn't what proves it, it's a misnomer.

Fry

I farted on the train and an old man looked up from his paper, eyebrow like Ancelotti

This is it

The end

The very end

It all comes down to a fight between me and the oldest man in the world

If I die

Tell Shinji I loved him

This is your greatest post ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom