• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
the CBAs of American sports are all (with the exception of baseball, which is fucking boring anyways) built around maintaining some level of parity and rotating the success between various markets. these days, with all the analytics and hard salary caps, etc. it's much harder for front offices to repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot without accidentally lucking into a few winning seasons here and there.

it's basically the exact opposite of the cutthroat economic landscape of European football.

also, fuck the 49ers.

Wilbur

Banned
one time i did a shit so big it pulled in other turds from the surrounding area even ones that were still in people's anuses my mum screamed from downstairs nathan stop i've left the eggs on too long as she crumpled over in pain and a poop tore from her butt and joined mine to create one monstrous megaplop it was undeniably the pinnacle of my time on earth thus far

one time i did a shit so big it pulled in other turds from the surrounding area even ones that were still in people's anuses my mum screamed from downstairs nathan stop i've left the eggs on too long as she crumpled over in pain and a poop tore from her butt and joined mine to create one monstrous megaplop it was undeniably the pinnacle of my time on earth thus far

this is now your greatest post ever

wesley pls replace his tag

rvy

Banned

untitled-127brz8.gif

Arnie

God I love seeing Rafael miffed.

I also love hearing fans desperately singing '20 times' as their club disappears down a ginger sinkhole.

And lastly I love Joe Allen, with all my heart and soul.

Wilbur

Banned
you know at the end of the matrix path of neo (available on all good consoles and at all good retailers) there is that giant agent smith made up of debris and clones

imagine that but replace the debris with poop and the clones with poop

i called it sandra

Wilbur

Banned

I also love hearing fans desperately singing '20 times' as their club disappears down a ginger sinkhole.

Notice how we've stopped singing about Davey 'The Malign Tumour' Moyes and more about the club now

It's as if he doesn't exist

Yes that's it

We lost because we have no manager

arkon

I just love how insane the United fans are going during (not even after!) one bad season in so many years. They have no idea how lucky they have it. If these fans had to deal with how up and down American sports teams fortunes can be, they'd probably die.

So much vitriol for Moyes in that blog post linked above, lol.

Please. American sports aren't real.

ShogunX

I always remember the time me and you both fought Allen's corner......but then I remember the time we both fought Steven Fletcher's as well.

As for Rafael....Suarez pulling his hair is still one of my most viewed gifs. It's so sly and amazing.

The ass was fat.

Awwww yeah.

Rodrigo is gonna get some wet pussy tonight.

Rodrigo don't leave, Russia has shit weather and their fans are fake as fuck. Look at Witselfie and Hulk, they cry themselves to sleep every night when they remember that they play for that shit oil team Zenit.

Don't worry about Rodrigo, we have zero interest in him since we already bought a striker. He'll still leave in the summer though since he's 100% owned by a third party now.

King_Moc

Banned

Now it's them living in the past. Delicious.

I always remember the time me and you both fought Allen's corner......but then I remember the time we both fought Steven Fletcher's as well.

As for Rafael....Suarez pulling his hair is still one of my most viewed gifs. It's so sly and amazing.

...I've not seen this gif, can you post it?

Wilbur

Banned
Wayne Rooney has called on Manchester United's owners to award David Moyes a new contract "as soon as possible" in recognition of the stunning transformation he has overseen at Old Trafford.

The 28-year-old said: "I have been absolutely blown away by his sessions, his tactics and his maturity in the job and I am learning off him every single day.

"When you become an older player you look to see how the manager does certain things and he has been fantastic for myself personally. I am sure the rest of the players would echo what I am saying. I am absolutely delighted he is here and I just hope that there is a lot of movement now in Florida because they have got to get him signed up as soon as possible."

Rooney, who plays at Old Trafford, added: "When players are in this situation with a year to go and you want to keep hold of them so desperately, then the club reacts really quickly and gets it sorted. For me, I think he deserves a very long contract here and he is perfect for this club."

"He has been a revelation," the future United and England captain said. "He keeps tweaking and tinkering with the formation and making little subtle changes to personnel and tactics, and it is coming off from week to week. He is a young coach who has been there and earned the right to be Manchester United manager. From week to week he is helping us improve and get better, and he has been an absolute breath of fresh air to this football club.

"He manages every single player differently, he knows we have different characters in the dressing room and his man-to-man, one-on-one management is the best I have known.

He makes you go out on the pitch feeling a million dollars with confidence and belief, and he is a very confident manager. When you play for Manchester United you have to accept pressure, you have to take it on the chin and perform. But when you have a manager who is making you feel good, but who is also not scared to give you a good one-on-one telling-off as well, then he has the perfect ingredients."

Full story here

Splatt

I'm rewatching Italy - Russia Euro futsal final. Some amazing tactics at play.

iecr3807rabCt.gif

Dat movement from the Italy player to drag the defender and block another from stopping the goalscorer

Arnie

Wayne Rooney has called on Manchester United's owners to award David Moyes a new contract "as soon as possible" in recognition of the stunning transformation he has overseen at Old Trafford.

The 28-year-old said: "I have been absolutely blown away by his sessions, his tactics and his maturity in the job and I am learning off him every single day.

"When you become an older player you look to see how the manager does certain things and he has been fantastic for myself personally. I am sure the rest of the players would echo what I am saying. I am absolutely delighted he is here and I just hope that there is a lot of movement now in Florida because they have got to get him signed up as soon as possible."

Rooney, who plays at Old Trafford, added: "When players are in this situation with a year to go and you want to keep hold of them so desperately, then the club reacts really quickly and gets it sorted. For me, I think he deserves a very long contract here and he is perfect for this club."

"He has been a revelation," the future United and England captain said. "He keeps tweaking and tinkering with the formation and making little subtle changes to personnel and tactics, and it is coming off from week to week. He is a young coach who has been there and earned the right to be Manchester United manager. From week to week he is helping us improve and get better, and he has been an absolute breath of fresh air to this football club.

"He manages every single player differently, he knows we have different characters in the dressing room and his man-to-man, one-on-one management is the best I have known.

He makes you go out on the pitch feeling a million dollars with confidence and belief, and he is a very confident manager. When you play for Manchester United you have to accept pressure, you have to take it on the chin and perform. But when you have a manager who is making you feel good, but who is also not scared to give you a good one-on-one telling-off as well, then he has the perfect ingredients."

Full story here
it honestly makes my bollocks radiate heat

gerrardkisssgnk07.gif

untitled-649k14.gif

Happened with arsenal as well, we got the three stooges around the time they were looking up

The influx of Arsenal fans was a poison.

But it will be worth it if Wigan can do us all a solid again.

The Liverpool fans are alright although some of the proper mental ones from the negrito days have shown their faces again.

SAVE US MOU!

Mastadon

Banned
We have less posters now than we used to have. Haven't been that many newcomers really.

Just because you can't attract new fans to the cult on Moyeezus.

The influx of Arsenal fans was a poison.

But it will be worth it if Wigan can do us all a solid again.

The Liverpool fans are alright although some of the proper mental ones from the negrito days have shown their faces again.

SAVE US MOU!

Where the fuck are Lunchbox and Soi-Fong man.

:(

True, but we could have done better.

I'd rather have multi teamers than Lpool fans.

Us multi teamers don't come sooner or later because of results. We just come and will always have one team that does well, if that one season shouldn't happen we do a Timurid and pretend we've always been PSG supporters.... or Suen who just supports so many no one really knows who.

pappe

It really sucks being a fan of a team whose fault is glaringly obvious and yet you can do nothing. You feel you are totally helpless.

Now I know how Arsenal fans have felt for past 8 yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom